• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
The Premise

The alternate calc in question

As pointed out a few times in other threads, Orochi likely does not actually pull actual mass from the core. He only mentions energy being pulled up and there's no indication that he swallowed 2 Quintillion tons of material or that he dragged that material at mach 3378. As such the linked calc is an alternate method of the feat. For quick access here's the ends I got
  • USK's Richter 6: 8.532038e+20 Joules or 203.92 Gigatons or High 6-C
  • USK's Richter 7: 2.22403e+22 Joules or 5.315 Teratons or Low 6-B+
  • USK's Richter 8: 6.98559e+23 Joules or 166.959 Teratons or High 6-B
  • DMUA's version: 4.45976e+24 Joules or 1.0659 Petatons or 6-A

What will happen if accepted
  • All of the Class Z ratings are removed
  • All of the Low 5-B ratings are removed
  • Orochi gets moved down to either 6-A or Low 6-B+ since those are the ends most people agree with
  • Neuron Psykos goes back to her old split striking strength and durability ratings, though they're modified to account for Orochi's higher tier

I agree with the OP. This is much more consistent with other feats and is also a more accurate calc

This doesn't work, since the tier is defined by mathematics. As far as I know it is impossible to put 4 alternative versions of a calculation into the profile
oh my bad,qawd said everyone seems to agree with either low 6B or 6A, so i figured so but thanks for clarifying that.
So i guess this CRT is to agree with which one should be gone with in that case i cannot help as i know littlw about such calcs

Dammit why did this get posted while I’m busy

I agree immensely with the OP.

although Saitama at Tier 5 was very satisfactory
Unhidden.
monke-tea.gif

Agree.

So i guess this CRT is to agree with which one should be gone with in that case i cannot help as i know littlw about such calcs
Its more about what end do you think more accurately represents what's going on. Is Orochi
  • Shaking the Entire planet
  • Shaking the continent sized area around him
Psykos-Orochi and Tatsumaki go back to their High 6-A ratings?
Yes

Everyone is going back to their previous ratings, barring Orochi and Psykos' striking/durability.

Assuming we accept my proposal

Its more about what end do you think more accurately represents what's going on. Is Orochi
  • Shaking the Entire planet
  • Shaking the continent sized area around him
We should go with the one that was visibly shown, i cant really recall the planet shaking or not

I totally disagree and this seems to me an excuse to avoid making a more appropriate calculation
1) thermal energy would not cause such intense earthquakes (mainly because it happens quickly and the heat needs TIME to propagate)
2) THERE IS NO WAY that thermal energy causes the city to rise in the proportions of that caused by orochi
3) there are lines drawn which imply that there has been considerable movement in the earth's mantle

mass voting should not be used when the rationale for change is totally nonsense

just get the translators to check Boros again.
He word for word only mentions the surface of the planet
1) thermal energy would not cause such intense earthquakes (mainly because it happens quickly and the heat needs TIME to propagate)
The earthquakes were caused by Orochi not the sphere. They appear before the tail rips it out of the core.
2) THERE IS NO WAY that thermal energy causes the city to rise in the proportions of that caused by orochi
Again, Orochi caused the Earthquakes, not the sphere. It gets more intense because when moving it up the sphere contributed to the total energy effecting City Z
3) there are lines drawn which imply that there has been considerable movement in the earth's mantle
That however is an end. But neither I nor Asura now how to calculate it. If you can go ahead, since we know that was effected either way.

why are there lines drawn if what has been absorbed is only heat ???
it doesn't make any sense since heat energy has no mass and can't be sucked in like a vacuum cleaner
if there are lines drawn it means that there has been a movement of something with mass (besides the fact that only the movement of the mantle (lines) would give larger results to your calculation)
also the dialogue of orochi does not contradict anything given that
E = mc ^ 2

it doesn't make any sense since heat energy has no mass and can't be sucked in like a vacuum cleaner
if there are lines drawn it means that there has been a movement of something with mass (besides the fact that only the movement of the mantle (lines) would give larger results to your calculation)
also the dialogue of orochi does not contradict anything given that
E = mc ^ 2
His tail caused the movement. He just told you that.

I ain't no big brain math thinker person, but where was it stated that Orochi caused the earthquake?

I don't see where Orochi's tail caused the earthquake.
The Earthquakes appear well before the sphere is sucked it. Its from him drilling into the Earth.
His tail moving back upwards at mach 3000
E = mc ^ 2
This only works if he 100% converted matter into energy, when his statement only states that he sucked up energy from the core rather than mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back