• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: King CRT

King:
For such a major supporting character, his profile is just awful and outdated citing things that happened in the webcomic but not the manga continuity:

Powers and Abilities: Social Influencing (Maintains his image as an S Class Hero even though he is just a normal human. Everyone in the Hero Association highly respects and relies on him. His reputation is so terrifying for monsters that one of them accidentally killed itself out of fear when it heard the King Engine. Managed to stop 3 Monster Association Cadres on their tracks by just standing in front of them with his arms crossed)

Attack Potency: Human level (Despite having a naturally large physique, he never works out and is just an average human. His power level was too low to be measured by Child Emperor despite him being able to rate a regular Hero Association staff member. However, the scanner can be somewhat inconsistent)

Intelligence: Average normally (Has managed to hide his truth as a powerless individual from the entire Hero Association), Genius while gaming (Defeated 30 people at once in a videogame, one of them being a former professional e-sports player)

Standard Tactics: King will never make the first attack due to his cowardice. He relies entirely on his intimidating appearance, his King Engine, reputation or sheer luck in most cases.

Weaknesses: Has no fighting skill/experience.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• King Style (キング流, Kingu-ryū): While his intimidating appearance and presence usually scares off potential opponents, King has to rely on this style if his opponents aren't scared and are still ready to fight. It is not a fighting style in the traditional sense. King mostly bluffs himself out of battles or just runs away. King is highly skilled in bluffing, which makes his opponents think he is formidable, sometimes even rendering them unable to perform techniques against him. His frightening aura was so powerful, King managed to literally scare a monster to death.
  • King Engine (キングエンジン, Kingu Enjin): Its a rumbling sound that others claim to hear when King readies for battle or when he is generally serious. The sound has a formidable impact on his opponent's psyche. In reality, it is simply the sound of King's heart beating rapidly and loudly from fear, anxiety, or other uneasiness. Because of King's intimidating visage and reputation, it is mistaken for bloodlust.
  • King Face (キングフェイス, Kingu Feisu): King's intimidating facial expression, which scares off Villains and Mysterious Beings.
  • King Hand (キングハンド, Kingu Hando): King places his hand on the shoulder of his opponent in order to intimidate them even more.
  • King Brain: King has a powerful skill that allows him to instantly think of and simulate strategies.
  • Super Catch: King supposedly has a technique that allows him to catch heavy weights such as a large group of people, but he claims not to want to use it for the injured heroes as the shockwaves he produces will aggravate their injuries.
    Super Sparking King Mode (SSK) (スーパースパーキングキングモード (SSK (エスエスケー)), Sūpā Supākingu Kingu Mōdo (Esu-Esu-Kē)): A supposed powered-up form of King's mentioned by Child Emperor that increases his abilities and powers.
  • Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon (煉獄無双爆熱波動砲, Rengoku Musō Bakunetsu Hadō-hō): One of King's bluff techniques, which he obviously doesn't know. Child Emperor refers to this move as King's limited-time secret killer move. He is simply shouting its name loudly to intimidate his opponents. It appears to be an incredibly powerful energy blast in Child Emperor's imagination, which can visibly be seen from outer space upon unleashing. The "technique" seems to be well-known within the Hero Association, as Child Emperor demanded King to use it in order to defeat the Dragon-level Monster Association members. When he attempted this technique as a last resort, it was seemingly powerful enough to defeat Platinum Sperm and Evil Natural Water in a split-second, validating King's legend. However, in reality, it was actually Garou's sudden arrival that repelled those two powerful monsters, facading King's supposedly killer move.
Intelligence isn't normally listed that way, besides which I'd just say he's above average or gifted, namely because being good at a game requires practice more so than intelligence, especially with fighting games which is what King has excelled at. Also I'm pretty sure he beat them back-to-back, with most of them being noobs or intermediate, and only one good player. I don't think he literally fought them all at once in the same match and won, which shouldn't be possible considering it's one of the side-view fighting games.

I don't think having a lack of combat skill qualifies as a weakness by vs wiki definition. A weakness is more so a particular thing that can or will actively and heavily detriment someone. Just lacking something isn't considered a weakness.

Social Influencing should be listed as passive. Many of his "feats" regarding social influencing are not done via his own actions nor words, other characters tend to act irrationally just from his presence. Though I'm not sure social influencing even perfectly incapsulates this quality to begin with. I mean, intimidating an inhuman creature so much it literally dies from fear without saying a word feels like it'd be a different ability than just being able to influence something/someone via words.

Otherwise I generally agree.

Intelligence isn't normally listed that way, besides which I'd just say he's above average or gifted, namely because being good at a game requires practice more so than intelligence, especially with fighting games which is what King has excelled at. Also I'm pretty sure he beat them back-to-back, with most of them being noobs or intermediate, and only one good player. I don't think he literally fought them all at once in the same match and won, which shouldn't be possible considering it's one of the side-view fighting games.

I don't think having a lack of combat skill qualifies as a weakness by vs wiki definition. A weakness is more so a particular thing that can or will actively and heavily detriment someone. Just lacking something isn't considered a weakness.

Social Influencing should be listed as passive. Many of his "feats" regarding social influencing are not done via his own actions nor words, other characters tend to act irrationally just from his presence. Though I'm not sure social influencing even perfectly incapsulates this quality to begin with. I mean, intimidating an inhuman creature so much it literally dies from fear without saying a word feels like it'd be a different ability than just being able to influence something/someone via words.

Otherwise I generally agree.
I added your feedback to the OP, most of it at least. I don't really know how we should word his "passive" social influencing.

I added your feedback to the OP, most of it at least. I don't really know how we should word his "passive" social influencing.
Passive Social Influencing (King's name and rumored feats cause others to be intimidated by him in fear or awe of his capabilities, to such an extent that people will make irrational leaps in logic just due to false beliefs of his power, cause extremely arrogant people to respect him and comply with his decisions, or even cause Monster's to die from fear, in many of these instances King doesn't even need to speak, or speaks in a way that has unintentional results, additionally, King has a somewhat intimidating appearance, despite his weakness)

Normally an ability justification wouldn't be so long, but since it's quite literally the only remotely noteworthy ability he has, I think it's fair. You could also add "Video-Game Mastery", and you wouldn't necessarily need to add a link for it. I would add a note regarding his supposed luck ability, as well, because I don't think there's enough evidence for it to be added. Though a "Possibly" would also suffice.

Passive Social Influencing (King's name and rumored feats cause others to be intimidated by him in fear or awe of his capabilities, to such an extent that people will make irrational leaps in logic just due to false beliefs of his power, cause extremely arrogant people to respect him and comply with his decisions, or even cause Monster's to die from fear, in many of these instances King doesn't even need to speak, or speaks in a way that has unintentional results, additionally, King has a somewhat intimidating appearance, despite his weakness)

Normally an ability justification wouldn't be so long, but since it's quite literally the only remotely noteworthy ability he has, I think it's fair. You could also add "Video-Game Mastery", and you wouldn't necessarily need to add a link for it. I would add a note regarding his supposed luck ability, as well, because I don't think there's enough evidence for it to be added. Though a "Possibly" would also suffice.
Added to the OP with manga scans

Now we wait for staff approval, which will take a while 😭

what about child saitamas 9-B, i dont really see how he couldnt scale, saitama was a completely normal child right?

Back