• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon and Saitama upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? Isn't Yusuke Murata supposed to help with some of his development?

I also seem to remember that we used the anime to define some things in the calculations.
Just because they helped out with it doesn't mean we take it as canon, not only that, several things in the fight and throughout the entire series differ from the manga in some way.

Also the manga mentions surface busting while the anime uses planet busting so there's that.

And we generally take the manga as the primary canon.

For the sake of the wiki:
  • Most profiles are manga canon as the primary source material
  • Webcomic material was used at one point but was removed and will now be their own thing
  • The anime can be used to find certain timeframes if they line up with the manga, as it is in other franchises like Fairy Tail or something (or alternatively to clear up a confusing scene like with Sasuke blocking one of Madara's attacks that the manga was very bad about showing). But overall the anime is considered non-canon material like with Toei Dragon Ball or Pierrot Naruto.

Fr though, i read half of page 1 and i just keep seeing "agree" "agree" so why is this already three pages long? Did someone disagree? was it damage or pain?

Just because they helped out with it doesn't mean we take it as canon, not only that, several things in the fight and throughout the entire series differ from the manga in some way.

Also the manga mentions surface busting while the anime uses planet busting so there's that.

And we generally take the manga as the primary canon.
The fight and its development in the anime is not important, if the effects caused by Boros's attacks are, since they can give us a clue as to how he would destroy the surface of the Earth.

It seems to me that it has been said that things from the anime can be used for which the manga left them ambiguous.

The fight and its development in the anime is not important, if the effects caused by Boros's attacks are, since they can give us a clue as to how he would destroy the surface of the Earth.

It seems to me that it has been said that things from the anime can be used for which the manga left them ambiguous.
The manga doesn't display the same effects as the anime 1:1. And most of the melting scenes come from exclusive parts.

Not to be disrespectful @UeTa, but do you even physics? I understand that you didn't get what I said.

You didn't even understand what that formula implies. The heat transmitted to the bone isn't just from conduction like you considered, it also absorbs radiated heat, which is especially relevant at high temperatures because it is proportional to T^4 contrary to conduction which is proportional to T. I literally spoon-fed the explanation behind the formula and why it is relevant.

Because earth isn't a blackbody doesn't mean it has 0 emissivity, nor does it imply the heat radiated every second isn't tier-4. Boros heating up the surface to 784M Kelvin implies exactly that.

Because someone did low-tier fictional calcs that can be done by using a formula without understanding the physics behind doesn't mean anything.

Thinking you need to heat up the surroundings to 784 million degrees celsius to vaporize or turn a bone into ash in 1 second is just... dumb, lightly put.

And your "logic" behind arriving at that temperature is just... wow. "It takes x time to turn a bone to ashes in 2000K environment, it must mean it takes x/1000 time in a 2 million Kelvin environment" such genius 👍

And none of those sources you posted refute anything I said.

Not to be disrespectful @UeTa, but do you even physics? I understand that you didn't get what I said.

You didn't even understand what that formula implies. The heat transmitted to the bone isn't just from conduction like you considered, it also absorbs radiated heat, which is especially relevant at high temperatures because it is proportional to T^4 contrary to conduction which is proportional to T. I literally spoon-fed the explanation behind the formula and why it is relevant.

Because earth isn't a blackbody doesn't mean it has 0 emissivity, nor does it imply the heat radiated every second isn't tier-4. Boros heating up the surface to 784M Kelvin implies exactly that.

Because someone did low-tier fictional calcs that can be done by using a formula without understanding the physics behind doesn't mean anything.

Thinking you need to heat up the surroundings to 784 million degrees celsius to vaporize or turn a bone into ash in 1 second is just... dumb, lightly put.

And your "logic" behind arriving at that temperature is just... wow. "It takes x time to turn a bone to ashes in 2000K environment, it must mean it takes x/1000 time in a 2 million Kelvin environment" such genius 👍

I'm still astounded as to how we entered the 784 million Kelvin mark instead of just going 1473.15 kelvin for the entire surface based on lava max temperatures.

Btw ueta I'm not specifically referring to you when I said low tier fictional calcs. I didn't mean your calcs are low tier, I meant fictional calcs are low tier in general (excluding a few)

I'll stop it here

Edit: it's still wrong, fictional calcs can be hard as shit if you choose the right thing to calculate, but I just mean most of the calcs done in the community cap out at highschool level physics (again I don't mean this to be offensive)

Oh, I WISH this was the case for versus threads.
VS Threads are different than calcs in the sense that we have to see if the math is accurate, if the proper formulas are being applied, and how well the values in the formula represent the scene depicted in the comic, video game, movie, etc.

what if

what if

we do half and half? melting stuff and surface busting?

or find a reasonable ratio between the two. IDK

Oh, yeah. Don't mind as I throw in my disagreement as well.
Lol, of course you would since you want your to be accepted instead of mine. :/
Wait for me to be GMC and I'll reject your calc then.

Didn't you read my comment or did you just stop the first two letters? If I put f*cking emissivity in the formula that mean I know dumbass.

Didn't you read my comment or did you just stop the first two letters? If I put f*cking emissivity in the formula that mean I know dumbass.
Knowing emissivity exists in the formula doesn't mean you understand what's going on. When you clearly don't seeing your comments.

Your intelligence will be considered akin to that of a worm's if someone like me is considered a dumbass lol, don't even go there.

This thread sure went to hell fast ngl.

Edit: Also, why are we using melting? Reduced to ash should be the highest end of the statement's interpretation.

Lol, of course you would since you want your to be accepted instead of mine. :/
Wait for me to be GMC and I'll reject your calc then.
You? A GMC truck? LMFAO in your dreams

009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back