• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man 6-C Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question- if Psykos is 6-C, why did she only use Orochi's 7-B~ powers when she could have one-shot any and all of the s-class that were attacking her?

She should have still had access to her own power at that point, since she didn't seem all that exhausted or injured (we've seen guys like Tatsumaki and Iaian fight through much worse than getting twisted twice)

In genos eyes this is just a range and not an AP
Why would that be a range feat? That's obviously AP.
that's why he is still confident that he could beat tatsumaki even after seeing her lifted multiple big bullets at once
Genos is seen as an overconfident person. Just because he's cocky at times doesn't discredit Gouketsu scaling, as it just further proves that he considers Gouketsu above Tatsumaki.

Question- if Psykos is 6-C, why did she only use Orochi's 7-B~ powers when she could have one-shot any and all of the s-class that were attacking her?

She should have still had access to her own power at that point, since she didn't seem all that exhausted or injured (we've seen guys like Tatsumaki and Iaian fight through much worse than getting twisted twice)
Tatsumaki shows immense battle damage/fatigue can massively weaken Espers considering she was too weak to overpower Fuhrer Ugly after her fight with Psykos.

The 6-C comes from the Elixer's stat amp. Psykojet has no scaling to an amped Psykos.

The 6-C comes from the Elixer's stat amp. Psykojet has no scaling to an amped Psykos.
Hmm, that is true. The exilir was a significant buff and there is the possibility that Psykos was weakened (didn't seem all that much to me), so I suppose it's fine. I'll support the Psykos 6-C scaling. Neutral on Gouketsu, I don't personally put much stock into Genos's scaling at that point

3 staff members and the majority seem to agree. I will wait for some more input, or one more staff input if possible before applying changes.

As before I don't really like only relying on Genos's wrong assumptions for an upgrade. If you want to give Goketsu a possibly 6-C rating that scales to absolutely no one else that's fine. But just upgrading him on his own I find incredibly questionable, especially when you could easily highball him to High 6-A based on the same logic.

For Psykos, being curbstomped isn't a feat and Tornado still utterly rolled here. Considering the issues with the jet stuff and the fact nothing indicates the serum ever ran out I'm not for a 6-C upgrade.

For Psykos, being curbstomped isn't a feat and Tornado still utterly rolled here.
Psykos broke out of Tatsumaki’s telekinetic restraints (granted, it clearly took a lot of effort), which is absolutely a feat.
Considering the issues with the jet stuff
There are no issues with the jet stuff. Jet Psykos doesn’t scale to base Psykos anymore.

About this, it should be noted that Psykos only “contended” with Tats after enhancing her powers with the serum (Chapter 126). So her justification should be more like this:

At least City level (Should at least be comparable to her meat puppet, Gyoro Gyoro), Island level after consuming a serum (With significant effort, she broke out of Tatsumaki’s restraints and clashed with her while she was exerting herself more than she did when deflecting the artillery from Lord Boros’ ship)
Psykos said her powers are far superior to that of Gyoro Gyoro’s so you can just write that instead for Base Psykos.

I know but I’m pretty sure she’s saying her powers in general even without the serum are on a different lvl in comparison to Gyoro Gyoro. Like this is even what’s written as her description on her profile. Like her true body is obviously going to be far superior to her puppet.

I know but I’m pretty sure she’s saying her powers in general even without the serum are on a different lvl in comparison to Gyoro Gyoro. Like this is even what’s written as her description on her profile.
Her profile also doesn’t make any distinction from her base power and her power with the serum. We can’t just assume the statement is made in general when it comes after she drank the serum.

Also I’m pretty sure Psykos herself isn’t the one saying that and it’s just narration.

In the Hero's Perfection guide Genos had a blurb saying if not for Saitama the entire planet would have been killed by the alien leader.

Which would mean Goketsu > Genos' assumption about whatever Saitama told he the CSRC was

Psykos broke out of Tatsumaki’s telekinetic restraints (granted, it clearly took a lot of effort), which is absolutely a feat.
It's a feat only for her to be rolled right after. Tornado could have flattened her the nanosecond she found her true location but wanted to interrogate her first. Scaling Psykos to a hard 6-C rating against someone who stomped her whole trying not to kill her just doesn't work to me.

It's a feat only for her to be rolled right after. Tornado could have flattened her the nanosecond she found her true location but wanted to interrogate her first. Scaling Psykos to a hard 6-C rating against someone who stomped her whole trying not to kill her just doesn't work to me.
The scaling isn't whether she got stomped or not. It's the amount of effort required to do that, and how Psykos responded.

Tatsumaki was visibly putting in more effort to restrain Psykos than she did when performing her 6-C feat. Fubuki even states that it's rare for Tatsumaki to use that much power. Psykos was even able to break out of that.

Tatsumaki was visibly putting in more effort to restrain Psykos than she did when performing her 6-C feat
She also put in effort lifting mountains and crushing a the squid. Just going off her facial expressions isn't enough for a solid upgrade.

Fubuki even states that it's rare for Tatsumaki to use that much power.
Blizzard wasn't there for Tornado's 6-C feat. It also says it's rare, not that Tornado had never went this far out before. For all we know the bullets took just as much effort to stop.

Because she's comparingher two identities and how Gyoro-Gyoro doesn't compare to her true strength as Lord Psykos.

Murata's narration boxes are also almost always in solid square panels rather than drawn non-bubbled lettering.
I still heavily doubt that it was her speaking. Even if it was, it would still apply to only Elixer Psykos, not Base Psykos.

Man are we seriously having a conversation about whether or not Psykos‘ main body is far stronger than or only as strong as her puppet that she is remotely controlling from 1500 meters away? Like I think it’s pretty obvious what she is trying to say here. She is far superior to her puppet even without her elixir.

She also put in effort lifting mountains.
She was already damaged prior to that.
and crushing a the squid
I already explained that. Read above.
Just going off her facial expressions isn't enough for a solid upgrade.
We are not going by facial expressions. You're not understanding the basis of the scaling. We're using the stated effort that Tatsumaki used. Fubuki states that Tatsumaki is using a lot more power that usual and we see Tatsumaki straining herself with veins popping out her forehead, and yet Psykos was still able to break out of it. Compared to Tatsumaki performing the 6-C feat literally with her finger.

You would need to provide evidence as to why Murata would change who he does Omniscient narrator boxes and would break Psyko' internal monolog flow.
Like I said, I don't care if it was her speaking or the narrator speaking. Either way, that statement only applies to Elixer Psykos. I also don't care if we scale Base Psykos above Gyoro Gyoro. I only have issues with people trying to apply the statement to Base Psykos.

In the Hero's Perfection guide Genos had a blurb saying if not for Saitama the entire planet would have been killed by the alien leader.

Which would mean Goketsu > Genos' assumption about whatever Saitama told he the CSRC was
I thought Genos was referring to the explosions he saw on the ship and it crashing
But I'm definitely heavily against upgrading Gouketsu via that Earth destroyed statement

Last edited:
We are not going by facial expressions.
We are, since we're going off her veins. Stuff that can and has been inconsistent before.

Like Goketsu if you want to make her possibly 6-C, sure. But a hard upgrade doesn't have solid ground to stand on since Tornado was intentionally throwing the fight.

We are, since we're going off her veins. Stuff that can and has been inconsistent before.

Like Goketsu if you want to make her possibly 6-C, sure. But a hard upgrade doesn't have solid ground to stand on since Tornado was intentionally throwing the fight.
I'm willing to compromise to a possibly rating for them both. If that's your only issue, thats 4 staff member approvals, and this can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back