• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Upgrades

Alright, so I was looking through his profile and I found out that his durability was only accepted at mountain level in G4. For many reason I can't possibly understand how this is the case and believe there needs to be an update

This is a calc that would peg Luffy's durability at small island to small island+ in base and with G4, his dirablity would be significantly higher.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=26604&page=3

Can someone tell me why this isn't used?

Did Luffy withstand this attack? If so, I agree that his durability should probably be upgraded.

I am not sure if Gear 4 increases his durability though, especially not to an extent greater than the Admirals.

^NLF.

Still, though, it would apply here if Luffy was hit by the attack, wouldn't it? The whole rubber resistance thing.

That's a calc for an attack Fuji used on Sabo, not on Luffy

Why would it apply for when Fuji fought Luffy?

Well, that is different then. But Sabo should probably scale from it.

@GreatestSin Stop trolling please. It is a No Limits Fallacy. Luffy is not absolutely immune to damage, just because he is made of rubber.

Antvasima said:
@GreatestSin Stop trollung please. It is an NLF. Luffy is not absolutely immune to damage, just because he is made of rubber.
i already said that he isnt, haki, slicing/piercing attacks, elemental attacks, telepathy, blood manipulation etc are all able to damage him, but normal physical punches should be no selled by his body right?

Hmm, my mistake, but the calc didn't exactly link which occasion it was for

It was in fact for an attack on Luffy

http://i4.**********.com/one-piece/799/one-piece-6061009.jpg

However, I am unsure if Fuji was even trying to hit Luffy with the attack...he sort of let him go.

@GS No. For example, he should not be able to withstand a regular punch from Goku. His setting simply does not have such powerful characters.

@Alakabamm Okay. I suppose that Luffy likely scales then.

@GreatestSi: You're telling me that if I keep a piece of rubber on the ground, and then drive a steam-roller over it, the rubber will be entirely unaffected, simply because it's "just physical force"?

If it had perfect elasticity, perhaps. But perfect elasticity is an ideal concept, and every material has a degree of plasticity which causes deformation.

Furthermore, the stress/strain graph does not extend infinitely for any material. Beyond a certain point, with the application of significant physical force (greater than the limiting force), the object would be physically affected for certain (get crushed, or be ripped apart), such as in the example I listed above.

Everything within regular physics has limits, whether stated or not. To argue that any "normal physical punch" should be "no selled" argues otherwise, implying that there is no such limit, which invokes NLF, a.k.a the No-Limits logical fallacy.

Alakabamm said:
Hmm, my mistake, but the calc didn't exactly link which occasion it was for
It was in fact for an attack on Luffy

http://i4.**********.com/one-piece/799/one-piece-6061009.jpg

However, I am unsure if Fuji was even trying to hit Luffy with the attack...he sort of let him go.

Luffy tank this strong attack very easy.

See the Hills,this was very strong attack,this is normal Luffy.

G4 Luffy tank all attacks easily from Flamingo,this is base Luffy who tank the attack from Fujitora.

So Luffy durability update too small island lvl??^^

1. The feat being used is for Luffy (after Dressrosa)

2. Luffy is highly resistant but enough force will hurt him

3. G4 imbues haki which certainl makes him more durable (and the high end was not out of question) I say island levwel dura for G4. Doflamingo's haki allows him to bypass Luffy's normal blunt force resistance tho so that's why he got hurt more by him

It doesnt matter if Fujitora tried on Luffy, the force that was able to violently fragment that large boulder yields gigaton results

Also don't think talking about steamrolling rubber s a prorper analogy when Luffy's rubber is far more powerful than normal

Well, I am personally fine with upgrading Luffy's durability to Small Island level based on the above, but would advise GreatestSin to immediately permanently drop the NLF trolling attempts, as they are turning tiresome.

In fact, given that Fujitora seemed to be panting with exertion, we might have to power-scale Luffy, Sabo, and Doflamingo to Small Island level period.

No, this feat doesn't even scale to Sabo. (Only scale to Fuji's casual ability)

Sabo was in logia intangibility, so that attack pass through him like a hot knife on butter.

Luffy didn't tank that attack, even fujitora wasn't even fighting seriously.

So i don't think that this can be sacle to anyone (aside from fuji himself)

GreatestSin said:
as for NLF: if he has immunity (which he should have thanks to the specifics of his body), than shouldnt it be able to take it as a ability? for example, accelerators barrier reflects any incoming attack ignoring its strength because of the specifics of his shield, in luffys case it is similar, his fictional-rubber body has never shown any hint that it is possible to be overcomed with simply adding more strength to regular punches ^_^
Luffy is not comparable to Accelerator. Stop.

@KamiYasha Okay. Thanks for the input.

@KamiYasha

He used Ferocious Tiger on Luffy and thats the basis for the calc and feat. Read. Luffy took that like right to the face and was PERFECTLY fine. So he does scale + it doesnt matter how casual Fuji was. It yielded small island to + level results. The calc is there oofr a reason. No one os saying that's the pinnecale of his power. If anything it's impressive it was so casual yet powerful. Sabo is not in the question. Read the title of this post and reread the chapter

Ugo2001 said:
@KamiYasha it doesnt matter how casual Fuji was.
As far as i know...fighting seriously>>>>>>>>>>>not even fighthing seriously. Probably fujitora was aiming to send him to fly so he can scape...

Even luffy wasn't fighting seriously-

So, again, this feat doesn't scale to anyone. Except fuji, of course.

KamiYasha said:
Ugo2001 said:
@KamiYasha it doesnt matter how casual Fuji was.
As far as i know...fighting seriously>>>>>>>>>>>not even fighthing seriously. Probably fujitora was aiming to send him to fly so he can scape...
Even luffy wasn't fighting seriously-

So, again, this feat doesn't scale to anyone. Except fuji, of course.
Sry but you are wrong.

Okay you say he not fighthing seriously but this attack is not Serious???:

[[1]]

Here in site is this attack small Island lvl,so Luffy tank this so why he not have small durability??

Please update durability too small island lvl...

I personally support this upgrade. If this feat was calculated at small island and it was casual, I would think this would more than warrants him the upgrade.

Also, though characters holding back logically means their blows are weaker, how casual a feat is done, doesn't reduce the calc value. If anything we may need an "At Least" as it's likely they are physically superior once serious.

Edit: I will look into this later on, not getting the proper perspective at the moment. Will see what other staff members have to say about this

Faisal Shourov said:
Wait, is this calc for the rubble feat? That was spread across a wide area, as stated in the manga itself. Luffy would not have gotten hit by full brunt of such an AoE attack
Depending on the answer, I may or may not agree with the upgrade.

No is the Calc for Small island lvl attack.

Luffy Tank this so why no upgrade?

TheMightyRegulator said:
I personally support this upgrade. If this feat was calculated at small island and it was casual, I would think this would more than warrants him the upgrade.
Also, though characters holding back logically means their blows are weaker, how casual a feat is done, doesn't reduce the calc value. If anything we may need an "At Least" as it's likely they are physically superior once serious.
I agree with this.

I agree and as for what was stated previously obviously rubber has it's limits and anyone vastly stronger than his physical stats would blow a hole in him such as Hulk or Goku

Okay, I checked it up, and it seems like the feat that was calculated at Small Island level was indeed directed at Luffy, so, with apologies to KamiYasha, I think that he and Doflamingo should probably logically scale to it:

http://www.**********.com/one-piece/799/4

http://www.**********.com/one-piece/799/5

Antvasima said:
Okay, I checked it up, and it seems like the feat that was calculated at Small Island level was indeed directed at Luffy, so, with apologes to KamiYasha, I think that he and Doflamingo should probably logically scale to it:
http://www.**********.com/one-piece/799/4

http://www.**********.com/one-piece/799/5
So upgrade too small Island lvl for Luffy and Mingo??^^

Well, I would prefer to get input from more administrators and moderators before going ahead with this.

When I discussed this topic, it was suggested that it doesn't do much to Luffy's durability given that his threshold for taking blunt force is drastically increased by his devil fruit. BUT he did take an attack that is (at the highest end) borderline Island level without taking much damage at all. It should be noted that he was just woken up a few days after fighting Doflamingo. He was still injured and took the attack while taking very little damage.

Edit: Luffy did take this attack in base with no visible haki enhancements.

For Luffy, his tier for Dressrosa should be "At least 7-A, Likely High 7-A". Doflamingo must scale off of this since I still argue that he is physically comparable to Gear 4th Luffy if not equal or superior.

I do not know if Sabo should scale off of this, but my gut keeps telling me that Sabo has to be AT LEAST equal to Luffy in terms of power. He should probably be upgraded to High 7-A given that he also withstood Ferocious Tiger (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/757/10).

Alakabamm said:
That's a calc for an attack Fuji used on Sabo, not on Luffy
Why would it apply for when Fuji fought Luffy?
Actually, I discussed this with Ant in a different post using that calculation. It was the one used on Luffy that was Small Island+ :D

Just to shed light on this matter for Luffy and Fujitora:

The calculation that is being used in this post (http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=26604&page=3) uses the Ferocious Tiger attack That was used on Luffy in chapter 799 (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/799/5). Luffy took the attack point blank and was sent flying but took almost no damage. I agree with those who suggest Luffy's Rubber body had a affect on the amount of damage he took, but given that Luffy was still not entirely recovered from his fight with Doflamingo and that he took the blow point blank, he should be upgraded due to this since he got right back up from the attack.

As a result, Sabo and Doflamingo would also have to scale up since Sabo took the same attack from several meters distance and withstood it: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/757/10 and Doflamingo powerscales from Luffy.

Actually Sabo was in logia intangibility, so that attack pass through him.

But, it still can be scale it to him.

The question is, should Jozu and Marco scale too? and also, i never understood why Ace never was power-scale to Marco or Jozu. I mean, he was the 2nd division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, so he should be around that level, i believe.

Jozu, Marco, and Vista are already at Large Mountain/Small Island level. But I agree that Ace should logically likely be placed at a comparative tier to them. "Probably High 7-A" sounds about right for both him and Sabo.

Back