• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Top 18 Strongest Characters

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE NOT UP TO DATE WITH MANGA

So what's everyone's personal top 18 in the verse, characters with feats and characters solely off hype currently alive? Here's mine:

18. Katakuri
Charlotte_Katakuri_2.png

Kata starts off this list, cause man he made one hell of an impression for me in terms of how advanced haki can get in the verse. His observation haki is just insane, he's shown to be astute in battle, and is overall a very scary character to deal with.

17. Luffy
16237797881747912479211871720031.png

Luffy just got into the upper echelon of OP in terms of status lately, but with the way he got smacked by kaido again, shows he has a massive gap to cover, even if he knows how to coat CoC into his physical attacks.

16. Fujitora
fuji.png

A moral character if I've ever seen once, and of course, like a lot of other characters on this list, we've never seen him go all out or get serious, or know the extent of his power. I guarantee fuji plays a big role in the future of the series.

15. Dragon
1623780403889.png

People are probably surprised to see Dragon so low on this list, but while dragon is definitely a powerful character, the way he approaches situations, sticks to the shadows, and is meticulous leads me to believe him being "the most wanted man in the world" is solely based on his ideals and what the resistance represents, rather than him being a singular threat.

14. Boa Hancock
16237830254199090263382426966484.png

Boa seems to be a sleeper cell tbh. She has all the potential to be a monster, and I feel is greatly underestimated. She's a confirmed CoC user, she has a very powerful DF, and has shown she isn't restricted or reliant on her DF either, with her having insane H2H skills and great haki across the board. All the pieces are in place for her to be a monster, as long as Koby doesn't low-diff her.

13. Marco
e9cfa59d981027eed92b30505b8fddfa.png

Now this is the point on the list that is going to make people's heads turn, and that's marco also being so low on the list. He has feats of stalemating top tiers, and is clearly extremely powerful. I just don't see his abilities beyond his insanely rare and powerful DF, but if I may be a little hypocritical and pull the "this is my list card", I believe he's too dependent on his DF, despite how OP it is. I do believe aside from his DF stalemating akainu's, if a higher tiered character got really serious against him he would be in trouble.

12. Aokiji
16237828811544167295625338555679.png

Aokiji is a tricky person to place, and most likely deserves to be higher. He stalemated Akainu for a great while, but ultimately lost. He has some mystery around him, and his DF is stupid OP. He's definitely involved in the plot of the story in the future, so we'll see what he's truly capable of.

11. Blackbeard
blackbeard.png

Blackbeard seems to have everything going for him Post-Timeskip, hype, 2 DF's, notoriety, ect. I still don't believe it's enough to put him higher on this list, because of his glaring anti-feats. Ace stalemating him for a while (could be chalked up to DF vs DF), him and his crew getting bodied by Magellan, him and his crew getting sent by Sengoku, him getting sonned by a walking corpse sick Whitebeard and almost dying to him, him running away from Akainu. He has to show something truly impressive aside from having two DF's Post-Timeskip to make up for these.

10. Ben Beckman
BeckmanRender.png

Beckman has a lot of hype surrounding him, even though shanks and his entire crew is utterly featless, we have enough context to know where they place overall. With the WG saying the entire crew has a high average bounty, and are the most balanced of the yonko, Beckman certainly deserves praise. Him making Kizaru raise his hands in the air, jokingly or not, is a feat in itself.

9. Big Mom
Big_Mom_render.png

This is definitely going to throw people for a loop, but I think Big Mom is raised above her station due to her status as a "yonko". Placing her here is by no means disregarding her power, I simply believe the people above her are more impressive overall, and Big Mom noticeably gets weaker without her homies, to the point it became a plot point to get them away from her because of how dependent she is on them. Placement aside, she's never been hurt once, so....

8. Kizaru
1623788958843.png

Kizaru is a monster, plain and simple. He straight said was willing to drop everything and go to Wano to stop Big Mom and Kaido. Whether that's just pure confidence or ignorance is to be seen, but him willing to do so shows he's not afraid of the term "yonko". Dude has only ever been serious once, and the rest of the time he lounges around, clipping his nails, smoking weed, and laughing along with Sengoku at Akainu stressing out.

7. Rayleigh
1623779566437.png

The Dark King himself. Even in old age, he made Kizaru get serious, and even doubt himself and his abilities of being capable of capturing him. Being the right hand to the pirate king means you can't be weak, and Rayleigh certainty isn't. Everything from Haki mastery, to knowledge and experience. He has it all. If old age deteriorates your abilities and physicals, it didn't deteriorate much for Rayleigh.

6. Akainu
Sakazuki_anime.png

You either love him or hate him. What you can't deny is this dude carries himself and doesn't disappoint. Offensive Powerhouse, probably the tankiest character in the verse from what we've seen. He is main antagonist material for sure, glad Oda kept him alive.
5. Sengoku
Sengoku_anime.png

Sengoku is hard to place, because you do have context to put him right beside Garp, but he lacks feats. Off of roger stating if you wanted to catch him, send garp or sengoku, and how Whitebeard treated Sengoku at Marineford, he takes this spot easily.

4. Shanks
Shanks_with_sword.png

The man with the most hype. The man some people put at the top of the entire verse, shanks. He's got talk no jutsu, and everyone respects him for good reason. Even with one arm, he still incites fear across the seas.

3. Mihawk
Dracule_Mihawk_2.png

The Greatest Swordsman. The man who called shanks a one armed has man and has the skill to back it up. He is the only person alive with a black blade. I feel sorry for whoever the marines sent after him.

2. Garp
1623789569825.png

Nothing needs to really be said about Garp. He was equal to prime Whitebeard and Roger, and the status he holds is next to none, "The Hero of the Marines" You could honestly put him at number 1, but let's assume old age affected him somehow.

1. Kaido
Kaidoh.png

Land. Sea. Air. Bet on Kaido.

If I had to choose a number 1 for the entire verse, I'd choose Ryuma. Hype on him is another level, and nobody invaded wano solely because of the legacy he left behind about the samurai. Even Akainu is wary of the samurai legacy.

Here they are. This is of course just my opinion, what would you change?

Last edited:
I will do Top 11 cause im lazy, ive never made one for the current era so its not as thought out as my all time one and will likely be tweaked:
1) Kaido
2) Mihawk
3) Sakazuki
4) Garp
5) Blackbeard
6) Kuzan
7) Big Mom
8) Shanks
9) Sengoku
10) Beckman
11) Kizaru

Last edited:
I agree with OP for the most part, especially Boa since I think people sleep on her A LOT. I think the only two exaggerated here is Mihawk and I don't think Beckman is above Blackbeard.

I will do Top 11 cause im lazy, ive never made one for the current era so its not as thought out as my all time one and will likely be tweaked:
1) Kaido
2) Mihawk
3) Sakazuki
4) Garp
5) Blackbeard
6) Kuzan
7) Shanks
8) Sengoku
9) Beckman
10) Kizaru
11) Big Mom
Slightly better casual

1) Kaido
2) Mihawk
3) Sakazuki
4) Garp
5) Blackbeard
6) Kuzan
7) Shanks
8) Sengoku
9) Beckman
10) Kizaru
11) Big Mom
Not sure why Sengoku is below Aokiji, since he was considered at least on par with Garp in his prime. Not to mention being a former Fleet Admiral and all that. I also don't think Beckman is above Kizaru since the latter was clearly playin around. I also don't think Akainu is below Mihawk nor Garp. Hell, I think Akainu could probably high diff Kaido.

Not sure why Sengoku is below Aokiji, since he was considered at least on par with Garp in his prime. Not to mention being a former Fleet Admiral and all that. I also don't think Beckman is above Kizaru since the latter was clearly playin around. I also don't think Akainu is below Mihawk nor Garp. Hell, I think Akainu could probably high diff Kaido.
Cause Sengkou is literally retired and no londer even in active duty, he does even less then Garp does.

Akainu is in fact not below Garp, Akainu I think could defeat Migawk and Kaido in a 1v1 but I think they beat him more often then he beats them.

I think Akainu would destroy Kaido

personally I have him top 1
You can have Akainu 1st cause I can definetly see the reasoning but the idea that he destroys Kaido is stupid, or any of these top tiers destroying each other.

That is clearly not how Oda handles his characters, if Kaido and Akainu where to fight it would absolutely be a close hard fought battle for them both.

Cause Sengkou is literally retired and no londer even in active duty, he does even less then Garp does.

Akainu is in fact not below Garp, Akainu I think could defeat Migawk and Kaido in a 1v1 but I think they beat him more often then he beats them.
The difference between everyone from 10/9 on is miniscule. Every fight is extreme difficulty to whoever wins.

LINLIN IS IN 9TH WHEN SHE MATCHED KAIDO WHO'S IN FIRST???
AND KIZARU'S ABOVE HER WHEN HE MATCHED MARCO WHO SHE MANHANDLED WITH ONE HAND?????

WHAT IS THIS?????

You can have Akainu 1st cause I can definetly see the reasoning but the idea that he destroys Kaido is stupid, or any of these top tiers destroying each other.
Ehhh well I think every top tier is a high dif fight so destroy wasn’t the right word ig

Ok number 1 kaido, number 2 big mom, 3 mihawk, 4 shanks, 5 garp, 6 sengoku, 7 shiki, 8 akainu, 9 aokiji, 10 black beard, 11 beckman 12 kizaru, 13 marco, 14 rayleigh, 15 Luffy, 16 katakuri, 17 zoro, 18 magellan.

10: Big Mom
9: Kaido
8: Mihawk
7: Aokiji
6: Kizaru
5: Shanks
4: Blackbeard (off of sheer hype)
3: Sengoku + Garp (would be 2. but I assume post timeskip have grown weaker)
2. Akainu (probably got a lot stronger through timeskip, aokiji could be here too but unknown)
1. Usopp and Buggy (untouchable)

Keep in mind I consider all characters here to be 'roughly' on par, i.e any fight between each other would be a high diff death match. I think Akainu vs Kaido would be high diff despite Akainu to be no.2

Honourable mentions but completely featless or hasn't been shown much in a top tier way:
Magellan
Dragon
Anyone in Shanks and BB's crew.
Fujitora and Green Bull
Sabo
Boa Hancock
Rayleigh (admiral level at least but only for like 5 minutes, aging is a bitch)
Tsuru
Gecko Moriah (fought Kaido in the past)

10: Big Mom
9: Kaido
8: Mihawk
7: Aokiji
6: Kizaru
5: Shanks
4: Blackbeard (off of sheer hype)
3: Sengoku + Garp (would be 2. but I assume post timeskip have grown weaker)
2. Akainu (probably got a lot stronger through timeskip, aokiji could be here too but unknown)
1. Usopp and Buggy (untouchable)

Keep in mind I consider all characters here to be 'roughly' on par, i.e any fight between each other would be a high diff death match. I think Akainu vs Kaido would be high diff despite Akainu to be no.2
This is my exact thoughts and what I said above. Every match is extreme diff

Who else has 1-shot killed a Yonko commander.

Also I think he’ll be the person to fight pirate king Luffy so he gotta be #1 until luffy whoops on him and becomes the goat.
I think Blackbeard will be the final villian vs super cop Akainu. Blackbeard's more of a...spiritual or ideological opponent than Akainu who just represents ABSOLUTE justice.

Back