• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Some changes for Luffy (and most likely the verse)

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Just adding some calcs:

Key: East Blue Saga | Baroque Works Saga/Skypiea Saga | CP9 Saga/Whitebeard War Saga | Fishman Island/Punk Hazard Saga (Just for reference)

Attack Potency: Large Building level | Small Town level (Overpowered Crocodile's Spada with a punch, destroyed the bottom of Alabaste, also knocked over a huge gold bell with his Golden Rifle) | Small Town level (Contributed at least half to the combination move he and Zoro used to make an opening through the Aqua Laguna, also stronger than Sanji), higher via combination attacks and Gears | Town level in base (Likely higher, demolished a large structure when he sent Hody flying into it), higher with Gears (Effectively one-shotted Monster Hody underwater with Red Hawk, and sent Surume flying with an Elephant Gun underwater), Small City level via combination attack

Durability: Large Building level | Small Town level (Tanked a Sables from Crocodile and a Burn Bazooka from Wiper) | Small Town level (Withstood several Rankyaku and other attacks from Lucci), at least Town level when dealing with blunt force (was completely unaffected by repeated attacks from Asgard Moriah) | Town level

Well, more calculations to back up the statistics are of course appreciated. However, which other characters need to be rescaled to this?

Hmm. It might be best to ask CinCameron20, or somebody else that is very knowledgeable about One Piece for help, before doing any ill-considered widespread changes.

Before the changes are made (if accepted), I would suggest that the characters that get scaled should probably be listed, so that way we don't have to wake up to see a thread about scaling probelms and etc.

The whole thing with Crocodile I disagree with until I can see a calculation for Gomu Gomu no Storm, which broke through Crocodile's attack and sent him through bedrock with enough force to destroy most of the surrounding structures once Crocodile erupted from the ground. I disagree with Small Town Alabasta until the

^Unless I actually see a calc result in a Small Town level value, Alabasta arc Luffy and Crocodile must stay Multi-city Block level. (Crocodile's regular Spada only resulted between 100 and 200 tons of energy: if Luffy destroyed several of those with punches, it wouldn't require more than 400 tons of energy to accomplish, for example).

The Golden Rifle example would actually be a good push to Small Town Luffy, though... He lifted and threw a punch with a large mass of gold surrounding his hand, violently fragmenting it after it came into contact with the Bell, which honestly should increase the value of the end result since he didn't simply tip the bell over, but damaged it slightly (the bell had one of its two supports broken off) and destroyed the gold surrounding his arm. I Agree with the Skypeia Luffy upgrade to ST

Enel's Durability would need to be upgraded to Small Town level, and that's it really for Skypeia arc upgrades.

Wiper's AP (if he even has a page) should already be Small Town level due to burn bazooka and his Dials.

Zoro doesn't really scale to Luffy in any sense other than being somewhat comparable in terms of physical strength... Luffy's Skypeia feat only resulted in 1+ kiloton of energy, there would be no need to scale Zoro to that since he is Multi-City Block level.

The only people that would need an upgrade if Enies Lobby Luffy is upgraded to Small Town in base (higher in gears) are: ... one person: Lucci, who would be upgraded to Low 7-C in base while being At least Low 7-C with Devil Fruit and Rokuogan.

If Alabasta Luffy is upgraded, Crocodile would have to scale to be stronger than him.

@Kami

This is mainly for Luffy's tier and who should scale to it -- in this case, Enel's durability would be Small Town if Luffy is upgraded.

@CinCameron20 Okay. Do you wish to adjust the statistics for Luffy, Lucci, and Enel according to your evaluation?

If it isn't too much trouble, I wont touch Luffy's page just yet because I'm curious if we have any sort of calculation that could give a clear indication as to whether or not Alabasta Luffy/Crocodile should receive an upgrade to Small Town. If not, I would probably need to seperate the Alabasta and Skypeia keys.

I already did Lucci's page and am working on Enel's.

I also think that separating the keys seems appropriate.

Okay, i'll seperate them for now but I'll probably see if i can find someone to find out how strong Gomu Gomu no storm was.

I need the page unlocked :p

I still think this should scale to Magellan and Moriah, they both fought Luffy after he fought Lucci so they should also benefit from this upgrade, and potentially Smoker because he was able to pin Luffy down in Marneford.

I agree with Magellan, but not Moriah. Moriah didn't really take any hits from Luffy when he was in base (other than one) and Luffy in Gear 2nd/3rd was pretty much kicking Moriah's ass.

This is from a movie -- Non-canon material. Shiki was never mentioned in the Manga, only in the anime iirc and even so, the movie is completely non-canon.

I finished editing the page on Luffy's profile, but just FYI, when i tried linking the calc to the Golden Rifle feat, it caused the entire page to act weird so I had to pretty much ignore putting the link in.

CinCameron20 said:
This is from a movie -- Non-canon material. Shiki was never mentioned in the Manga, only in the anime iirc and even so, the movie is completely non-canon.
Okay, but there are characters with non-canon additions all over their pages.

Differentiating between canon and non-canon is great but adding non canon additions shouldn't hurt, when it is specified as non-canon

Also, the link to the golden rifle feat should be placed within Luffy's profile.

I did Magellan, and when I tried to link the Golden Rifle feat, there were weird ass problems as soon as i pressed "paste", so i excluded it Q_Q

I would appreciate if you could try again.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong... This is what it looks like when I tried to simply Copy/Paste the link over... i previewed it and it pretty much put several spaces in the profile. This has not happened before so I have no clue what is causing it >_<!

Back-spacing and trying to re-arrange the link does not work and makes it worse--a lot worse.

I fixed it, although you forgot to insert an extra key for Luffy's speed.

Okay, i added the extra key, but I just realized something... does Luffy have anything supporting his speed in Alabasta being Hypersonic? There is a Hypersonic feat in Skypeia, but I don't think we have one on Alabasta.

Back