• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece revision. Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. Was the calc that made the OP planet several times larger than the Sun accepted? I think I missed that one.

Utenok123 said:
About Shiki, ODA wrote that he was equal to Roger.

About Akainu that if he were the main character the manga would have ended during the year.

I now do not find this information from SBS and databooks, but it was definitely.
When did Oda write that? If the two were equal, The legend would be that Garp, Whitebeard AND shiki would be comparable. But he isnt.

It is only Garp who cornered him multiple times and whitebeard who buggy has said that the two went toe to toe.

ScarletFirefly said:
Question. Was the calc that made the OP planet several times larger than the Sun accepted? I think I missed that one.
A recalc is being made to be sure last I checked

ScarletFirefly said:
Well it was accepted by Lina Shields (I am unsure about DonTalk's stance) but it gives huge problems like relativistic tsunami. Also some of the ships would be faster lightning I think

If there is another calc in progress, then this discussion should be held off until it finishes. It will probably affect Fujitora's meteor calc.

Also since Grudgeman is preparing some scaling suggestions, I would prefer to wait for him until tomorrow. We're just discussing things back and forth without actually doing anything and making the thread even harder to follow.

@Scarlet: I don't think the new calc is about planet's size, it's bird cage revision. And yes, we'll be waiting until grudgeman posts suggestion. We should still be able to do basic scalings whatever the value of meteorite calc, so grudgeman can safely post his suggestion without worrying about calcs.

I am just going to outline it base on tier, not character to make it easier God Tiers: The 6-Bs we discussed

Top Tiers: Anyone who was 6-C will probably be here.

High Tiers: High 7-A to 7-A

Upper Mid Tiers: 7-B to 7-C

Mid Tiers: Low 7-C to 8-A

Lower Mid and Low Tiers: 8-B and Lower.

There is of course a few exceptions, Brook is 8-A but miht be put in Upper Mid. He doesnt scale with Nami, Ussop and Chopper, but he should scale with Franky and Robin, who are in this range.

Here is the revision list I wrote up with some help from other fellow users.

One piece scale Revisions

God Tier:Likely 6-B

Yonko

Mihawk

Whitebeard(at least)

Gol D Roger(possibly)

Garp

Blackbeard(unknown)

Top Tiers: At least, whatever the bird cage calc is

Admirals

Rayleigh

Sengoku

Big Moms commanders

Jack

Marco

Fujitora

Nekomamushi

Inuarashi

Prime Chinjao

Ben beckam(unknown)

Tsuru(Unknown)

High tier:Only ranked as birdcage Calc, no at least symbol

Doflamingo

Luffy

Charlotte cracker

Vista

Jozu

Sabo

Urouge

Capone(unknown, likely tier)

Eustass kid(unknown likely tier)

Kuma

High Mid tier Mountain level or city level(can't remember what calc scales to them.)

Sanji

Lao G

Zoro

Diamante

Vin smoke family

Ivanov

Trebol

Pica

Law(physically should be sanjis level.)

Smoker

Vergo

Mid tier: likely city level

Franky

Robin

senior pink

Cesear

Gladius

Prime ryuma

Dillinger

Baby 5

Harudjin

Barthalemow

Chopper

It's not perfect I know that but here's a good start for when we get to revisions

@Grudeman where will you put Sengoku, Kong and Shiki? Me and Kinkiest were having a discussion about Shiki's tier

@Grudge Mostly agree, similar to my list. I actually wondered where to put Tsuru myself Considering your god tiers are more frugal then those discussed, I think the top and high tiers are fine.

I wonder if whitebeards quake might get recalced. The only thing I need to ask you where do we put Dragon, the 7 warlords not listed and anyone lower then mid tier.

I think most of the 7 warlords might be placed in High Tier with luffy by virtue of power scaling. Only exceptions are Mihawk, he is probably god tier. And Buggy, who is low tier imo.

Or we can place them in the unknown tier since we havent seen any of them fight seriously yet. Kuma comes to mind, as well as Hancock. I am fine with either.

@Joseph I placed sengoku as top tier for now, Due to being able to contend with black beard and white beard a little bit, however I'm not certain if he should be god tier since he's considered comparable to Garp. I'll let either aizen or maybe you guys decide.

Shiki and other non canon movie villains and characters will be dealt with last

@KiniestSin, we should place dragon at unknown for now since he's literally fearless and to assume anything about his AP tier becasue of the whole "Most wanted man in the world" statement would be fallacious.

Hancock should be either unknown or scaled to pre time skip smoker for being able to fight with him. Due to her hax and lack of fights post time skip I'd prefer unknown for her.

Grudgeman1706 said:
@Joseph I placed sengoku as top tier for now, Due to being able to contend with black beard and white beard a little bit, however I'm not certain if he should be god tier since he's considered comparable to Garp. I'll let either aizen or maybe you guys decide.

Shiki and other non canon movie villains and characters will be dealt with last

@KiniestSin, we should place dragon at unknown for now since he's literally fearless and to assume anything about his AP tier becasue of the whole "Most wanted man in the world" statement would be fallacious.

Hancock should be either unknown or scaled to pre time skip smoker for being able to fight with him. Due to her hax and lack of fights post time skip I'd prefer unknown for her.
Yeah, I can get behind this. I dont like Hancock being scaled to Timeskip smoker, since her ability is more haxy. I think Unknown for her fits.

I think Kong should be top tier as well He was a former fleet admiral. I did disagree with Sengoku being top tier, but your reasoning is solid.

Shiki is canon. He was in chapter Zero. My issue is that he has no fights 1v1'and such. I say he should be unknown as well

I would still prefer input from the staff, former staff, and CinCameron20, before we perform any drastic changes, that might screw up the scaling even more than previously, especially if Grudgeman is not very familiar with the franchise.

Antvasima said:
I would still prefer input from the staff, former staff, and CinCameron20, before we perform any drastic changes, that might screw up the scaling even more than previously, especially if Grudgeman is not very familiar with the franchise.
In hindsight, I agree. This is still massive verse revision. I will notify Cin. ia there anyone else I should notify?

Antvasima said:
Ant I'm deeply offended at what you said to me, first of all I've read one piece cover to cover, so yes I'm more than familiar with one piece the series. My Imput for things should not be any less viewed than the others here, especially on a series I've read and really enjoy.

No one is making any "drastic" changes at all, we haven't even touched the profile, I'm still waiting for Lina shields to come with the new bird cage calc, until than people were free to critique my post and make their own opinions to how we should properly scale each character.

Is this post is becoming very much soaked with personal drama or is it just me? Regardless, I will notify Cin.

Okay. There was some discussion moderator who said that he was biased against One Piece, and unfamiliar with it, but I may have mixed you up. My apologies.

I think you mean Kuul. He made a comment and disappeared. And this has happened thrice in all the posts we made regarding this topic. He might be busy, not sure if he biased against it though,

Thebluedash said:
Kuu is not a discussion mod, so I do not think it is Kuu.
Probably shouldnt have made that assumption, I realized as soon as I typed it, even if it was true, I would have make myself look like a jerk. If you are reading this Kuul, I am sorry for assuming something serious.

and at blue dash, do you have agree or disagree with Grudgemans or My scalings? Beside a few minor things, our scalings are similar.

Not sure how familiar you are with the series though.

Well, I think that I had to reprimand some staff member about it in a preceding One Piece thread, but never mind.

Anyway, we need input regarding which characters that scale to each other. I personally do not think that we need to mess too much with CinCameron20's previous scaling.

Cincameron's scaling of base Luffy needs to be fixed, so some changes are needed. And grudgman is interested in changing the profiles, whether he's 100% right or not we should take his opinion seriously. Cin has good knowledge on One Piece but there are other knowledgeable members here as well.

^ Mostly agree I think the only other opinions I want to take seriously is Lina, DontTalk (because I think those two are in charge of the calcs)

Code:
Kuul if he comes back.
Grudge, Joseph and I already have our input thrown in. Cin can throw his input in sometime later once the calcs go in, I still value his opinion.

Don't count me off yet, I read One Piece as much as Cin does (One of my favorite verses actually). I'm thinking on how to reply to this atm.

Thebluedash said:
Don't count me off yet, I read One Piece as much as Cin does (One of my favorite verses actually). I'm thinking on how to reply to this atm.
My apologies again, I just didnt see your interest in it so I wrote you off. (Man, I am apologizing alot today jfc) Two mods I am being rude too, My apologies. I need my coffee to gain back my sanity lol

^Yeah, once the calcs are done we will over the scaling once more to make sure there are no big issues and discrepancy. We won't be able to get a perfect scaling because many characters are featless and are hyped up immesely and of course PIS, but it should be acceptable until we get more feats from top tiers

Thebluedash said:
Are you waiting for Lina shield's calcs to get finished? I think he is redoing the bird cage calc

@KuuIchigo

Well, I meant the lower-tiered characters, not the ones scaled from Fujitora's meteor.

Anyway, isn't the 6-B calculation dependent on the One Piece world being larger than the Sun? I definitely do not think that this is what the author intended. Perhaps we should return to the pre-meteorite scaling for all of the characters, to stay on the safe side?

We used the chart as an example, to show how the logic is flawed. We are not supporting it.

I could understand a world bigger than the Earth, but several times larger than the Sun seems farfetched and I expressed this opinion on Cin's original calc as well. To me, the chances for a drawing error are higher than this being legit, mangakas are not exactly cartographers.

Even if that gets accepted, I'm very unsure about scaling Doffy's normal Durability to that of his Bird Cage, let alone his AP.

So, to make things simpler, should we revert the One Piece profiles to their condition before the Fujitora calculation?

Antvasima said:
So, to make things simpler, should we revert the One Piece profiles to their condition before the Fujitora calculation?
Until new clacs are made, it's better to revert to previous edits pre meteorite for now. If there is any upgrade necessary it could be implemented after throrough discussion. Letting a single person handle all upgrades for a verse leads to this kind issues

Okay. Are everybody else fine with this?

And the staff or former staff members?

I agree with ants idea as well, until Lina can finish the bird cage calc we should revert the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back