• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Not So Minor Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatched the episode, the manga doesn’t do much visual representation (since no black lightning) Damage is right, OKG is with acoc.
Well, they’re still varieties of reasons on why Haōshoku infused attacks should be that high though, his gear 2 state with Haōshoku did well against drunken not-so-casual Kaido

i don't know whether this will help or not

But in https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Gomu_Gomu_no_Mi/Gear_4_Techniques

have said:
Gomu Gomu no Over Kong Gun (ゴムゴムの覇猿王銃オーバーコングガン, Gomu Gomu no Ōbā Kongu Gan?, literally meaning "Rubber Rubber Supreme Monkey King Gun"): The Haoshoku Haki enhanced version of the Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun. Luffy enlarges his arm and compresses it in a similar manner to the King Kong Gun, but infuses it with advanced Haoshoku Haki before releasing the attack, It was first used against Kaidou, forcing the Emperor's mouth closed, causing his fiery breath to combust in his maw.

So now King Kong Gun + Haoshoku Haki = Over Kong Gun?

But I just showed you earlier that Luffy's Over Kong Gun had Haki lightning streaming off of it here and here.
0883-013.png
0883-014.png
1042-010.png
1042-011.png

sparks of lightning is not adv con haki, being continuously worn like this is
1042-005.png
1010-014.png
1010-015.png

So can Haoshoku Haki Can that be counted as a 2 time multiplier?
because Luffy can block/kick attack From Kaido by Using only Haoshoku Haki?

Another wiki isn't a great source to use, but they are describing it correctly there.

The technique can be translated as meaning "Supreme Monkey King Gun". Of course it uses Supreme King Haki.
Yee it does have both Kanji as con haki

覇王 (High King) 覇猿王 (High Monkey King)

It possibly could be adv con haki then if there aren't other similar names like that without the usage of adv con haki

Yes; what do you think the difference is between them?
Different levels of haki Like using adv arm haki?

But since the name implies it to be con haki usage, then I think it's fine to assume he's using adv con haki with it
Yee it does have both Kanji as con haki

覇王 (High King) 覇猿王 (High Monkey King)

It possibly could be adv con haki then if there aren't other similar names like that without the usage of adv con haki

I feel like I'm starting to understand the meaning, ok.

gear 4th = gear 3th that have 4 times multiplier

So normal gear 4th = 268.8 Exatons

and luffy says over kong gun is the strongest attack?

so this mean over kong gun > rhino Schneider that is 2 time multipliers?

So gear 4th with over kong gun = 537.6 Exatons ?

Am I understanding this correctly?
I have a question that hasn't been answered yet,

Am I understanding this correctly?

No, Gear 4 isn't a 4x multiplier over Gear 3.
ok about that...

far higher with Gear 4th: Boundman (4x stronger than his Hawk Bazooka, which is twice as strong as a regular Gear 2nd punch. Fought and overpowered Doflamingo, breaking his strings), Country level with Strongest Attacks (One-shotted Doflamingo using a King Kong Gun. Stronger than his Leo Bazooka, which is twice as powerful as his basic Gear 4th: Boundman attacks, which in turn are 4x stronger than Gear 3rd. Superior to Beginning of Timeskip Roronoa Zoro)

Does this mean Gear 4th boundman's compressed attacks are 4x gear 3 and Leo Bazooka 2x Gear 4th boundman's compressed attacks? If that's true then I feel like it should be worded differently to avoid the confusion

ok about that...

far higher with Gear 4th: Boundman (4x stronger than his Hawk Bazooka, which is twice as strong as a regular Gear 2nd punch. Fought and overpowered Doflamingo, breaking his strings), Country level with Strongest Attacks (One-shotted Doflamingo using a King Kong Gun. Stronger than his Leo Bazooka, which is twice as powerful as his basic Gear 4th: Boundman attacks, which in turn are 4x stronger than Gear 3rd. Superior to Beginning of Timeskip Roronoa Zoro)

Does this mean Gear 4th boundman's compressed attacks are 4x gear 3 and Leo Bazooka 2x Gear 4th boundman's compressed attacks? If that's true then I feel like it should be worded differently to avoid the confusion
Yeah, that needs to be reworded slightly as it contradicts itself:

with Gear 4th: Boundman (4x stronger than his Hawk Bazooka, which is twice as strong as a regular Gear 2nd punch
which is twice as powerful as his basic Gear 4th: Boundman attacks, which in turn are 4x stronger than Gear 3rd

Goes from four times as strong as Hawk Bazooka to four times as strong as Gear 3.

Nah, that’d result to a total of 24 times multiplier which would result to 1.6zettatons instead of 537 exatons
Really needs to be reworded

Country level with Strongest Attacks (One-shotted Doflamingo using a King Kong Gun. Gear 4th: Boundman's compressed attacks are 4x stronger than Gear 3rd and Leo Bazooka is twice as powerful as his basic compressed attacks.)

Would something like this be better?

The profiles is confusing me 🙉 guess it can be handled later

Last edited:
Let's say "1" = Luffy's power.

Gear 3th = 4 time multiplier

1×4 = 4
= Luffy's power has been 4 time multiply

Gear 4th = 4 time multiplier

4×4 = 16
Luffy's power has been 16 time multiply
If it stacks

so by using Gear 4th do it mean Luffy's power has been multiply 16 time stronger that he base from?

Bro that is a
crazy multiply

so Leo Bazooka,Rhino Schneider,
King/Over Kung Gun = 2 time multiplier

16×2 = 32 time multiply

Bro!!!!

If I remember correctly that Gear 3th had a 2 limb attack that is a 2 time multiplier and If Gear 4th > Gear 3th + 2 limb attack

4×2×4 = 32 time multiply
Do that mean that Luffy's power has been multiply 32 time stronger that he base from?

I think that's really strange.
Will it be an outlier?

your multiplying the multipliers... You are supposed to multiply the values only

Gear 3rd is also not technically a multiplier, it only scales to 4x higher another value via scaling it seems (which gear 2nd scales to)

Last edited:
I think this has been discussed a lot before but it still confuses me so I'm going to point it out real quick:
(Doflamingo complimented the power of his Poêle à Frire: Spectre, while he said Luffy's Eagle Bazooka was weak
Didn't both of these attacks do literally nothing to Doffy's guard, though?

your multiplying the multipliers... You are supposed to multiply the values only

Gear 3rd is also not technically a multiplier, it only scales to 4x higher another value via scaling it seems (which gear 2nd scales to)
multiply the values and multiplying the multipliers, is gives the same results.

example

Luffy in base = 33.6 Exatons

Luffy in base post Haōshoku infusion due to scaling above his previous Rhino
which is 2 time multiply
33.6×2 = 67.2 Exatons

Luffy in Gear 3th = 4 time multiplier + post Haōshoku infusion
67.2×4 = 268.8 Exatons

and if Gear 4th is a 4 time multiplier and stronger than Gear 3th
268.8×4 = 1075.2 Exatons

multiply the values and multiplying the multipliers, is gives the same results.

example

Luffy in base = 33.6 Exatons

Luffy in base post Haōshoku infusion due to scaling above his previous Rhino
which is 2 time multiply
33.6×2 = 67.2 Exatons

Luffy in Gear 3th = 4 time multiplier + post Haōshoku infusion
67.2×4 = 268.8 Exatons

and if Gear 4th is a 4 time multiplier and stronger than Gear 3th
268.8×4 = 1075.2 Exatons
thought you were talking about beginning of timeskip luffy

Now I'm really confused. In conclusion, how exactly does Luffy's multiplier work?
The only two multipliers that actually exists for Luffy here are 2x attacks if he is using two limbs over one, and 4x for Gear 4's compression ability.

Just because Luffy's Gear 3 may scale to a value that is 4x or 8x his base form doesn't mean it's an official multiplier; we have guidelines against deducing multipliers from what a character scales to. That doesn't mean it can't scale to 4x one of his other attacks, just that you then can't use that throughout the rest of the manga to say "Gear 3 Luffy is officially a 4x multiplier".

The only two multipliers that actually exists for Luffy here are 2x attacks if he is using two limbs over one, and 4x for Gear 4's compression ability.

Just because Luffy's Gear 3 may scale to a value that is 4x or 8x his base form doesn't mean it's an official multiplier; we have guidelines against deducing multipliers from what a character scales to. That doesn't mean it can't scale to 4x one of his other attacks, just that you then can't use that throughout the rest of the manga to say "Gear 3 Luffy is officially a 4x multiplier".
Pretty much this.

All the scaling is in the spreadsheet in the OP. Click on the cell and it points you toward who/what the individual character scales to specifically

Pretty much this.

All the scaling is in the spreadsheet in the OP. Click on the cell and it points you toward who/what the individual character scales to specifically
OK, I might know How does that character scale to those value, But I'm still confused about the reason why the character scaled to that value.

So two limbs attacks = officially 2x multiplier
Gear 4 = officially 4x multiplier
And Gear 3 = unofficially/possible 4x multiplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back