• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Monet's Enemies Resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Tashigi should get Cold Resistance and Minor Resistance to Transmutation.
Monet turns people to snow/ice and bites their shoulders off. Tashigi was capable of resisting that, and we can see that her arm wasn't turned into snow/ice.

Busoshoku Haki should get it too. Tashigi's blade didn't turn into ice and she's specifically stated to be using Haki. It's even stated that Tashigi uses "a bit of Haki", and we see that it's not Koka, so this scales to all Buso Haki users.

Luffy should get resistance to sleep manipulation. Monet's sleep abilities failed to work on him.

I don't believe that Monet is actually transmuting them here, but rather just freezing them with so much cold that their flesh/blood turns brittle and can be broken through with her bite strength.
We see his shoulder completely turned to ice through and through and we see cracks and snow coming from it, and we also already accept it.

We see his shoulder completely turned to ice through and through and we see cracks and snow coming from it, and we also already accept it.
I know, but that could just be the surface of the wound freezing and being coated with ice from the low temperature.

To me at least, it seems ambiguous enough to not be explicit transmutation though I understand how it could interpreted as such.

I know, but that could just be the surface of the wound freezing and being coated with ice from the low temperature.
Screen_Shot_2022-04-28_at_9.19.09_PM.png

What

A LITTLE iffy about Monet since It more so looks like she's freezing them down to the bone rather than transmutation. But I do agree with the Luffy resistance.

Also, the anime scene shows Luffy using CoC to break out of the sleep inducement. Could that be considered secondary canon in this instance or just be a Luffy resistance?

Tashigi didn't really resist transmutation, it seems more like Monet just didn't do it fast enough

Resistance to Sleep Manip for Luffy is fine tho

I don't think it is clear that Monet would convert her opponents swords into snow/ice unless they used Haki.

It seems like the sleep portion has been accepted

Everything else is up in the air

I'll add the sleep portion then

Could we give that resistance to the sword itself then?
Why? It's just a case of Monet's temperatures not being sufficiently cold to freeze the metal through; not the sword being specially resistant.

I'll hold off the buso for later, sleep has been accepted so I'll need Luffy unlocked, transmutation can go

Luffy needs to be unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back