• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Maybe Just a Little Faster - FTL+ Upgrade

In this calc hypotethical distance should be:

7.29665821256 - 1.01998496719 = 6,27667324537 meters

Then true distance:

√(3,6172248803828^2+6,27667324537^2) = 7,2443731864395 meters

Macro speed: 13.00059 / 7,2443731864395 = 1,7945776211992 c

This will also effect the other calc where distance is needed
I calculated Marco’s full zoan sizes since that’s what he used to dodge, not his hybrid… which would give this result… even if we used your distance it would be 15.8005913078x SOL, meaning the original calc is already FTL+

Last edited:
I calculated Marco’s full zoan sizes since that’s what he used to dodge, not his hybrid… which would give this result… even if we used your distance it would be 15.8005913078x SOL, meaning the original calc is already FTL+
Can you say why you sum 2 movements which happen in the same timeframe? According to your logic if I punch with my both fists at the same time that would be 2x more punching speed feat. Which is not.

This also includes you using both wings... for use of 2 wings he should've rotated around the end of his wing, but here you can't just say that each wing moved around 44.56 meters, so total distance is 89.12 meters

This makes around 6.15 c. But there is a method that is much safer.

Here we know that King's blade is same distance far from point of view as wing, so scaling from it is much safer than width of tail which probably isn't even same distance far as wing. Because if we scale King's blade from width of tail(or wing's new found length), it's length will even exceed King himself.

1 wing length = 7.683 m

(7.683×π/2)/7.2443731864395 = 1.6659037114978 c

This makes around 6.15 c. But there is a method that is much safer.

Here we know that King's blade is same distance far from point of view as wing, so scaling from it is much safer than width of tail which probably isn't even same distance far as wing. Because if we scale King's blade from width of tail(or wing's new found length), it's length will even exceed King himself.

1 wing length = 7.683 m

(7.683×π/2)/7.2443731864395 = 1.6659037114978 c
Because the blade is further away behind the wing at that point… the closest to the wing is the tail.

Even king’s head is closer than the blade

It’s not safer, it’s just less accurate.
Can you say why you sum 2 movements which happen in the same timeframe? According to your logic if I punch with my both fists at the same time that would be 2x more punching speed feat. Which is not.
What? If Marco rotated his wings then that would be the amount of movements he moved

I even lowballed it and didn’t factor in the middle body and just used the wing

If you punch someone 2 times in the same timeframe that a bullet has moved some distance then yes, you would be moving 2x the same distance the punch moved if the arms are comparable sizes

That is also literally not even a comparison to what I did… I’m literally just calculating his body and then his movement… I didn’t 2x his movements, only his body size, with his wings being clearly and consistently the same size

And if you are talking about the 2 rotations Marco did, same would apply to even 1 punch if they have a boxing stance, around 90 degree rotation of the forearm and 90 degree rotation of the shoulder and bicep

Last edited:
Because the blade is further away behind the wing at that point… the closest to the wing is the tail.
I don't see why tail should be closer than blade. Blade is obviously closer
What? If Marco rotated his wings then that would be the amount of movements he moved
He rotates his wings at the same time, each wing has its own moved distance, you can't just sum it
If you punch someone 2 times in the same timeframe that a bullet has moved some distance then yes, you would be moving 2x the same distance the punch moved if the arms are comparable sizes
Situation is like throwing 2 fists at the same time, so punching 2 times in the same timeframe he doesn't mean you can use 2x distance if he didn't do it consecutively(which isn't happening here as wings rotate at the same time)
That is also literally not even a comparison to what I did… I’m literally just calculating his body and then his movement… I didn’t 2x his movements, only his body size, with his wings being clearly and consistently the same size
He's rotating around center, you should use 1 wing. He should've moved around the end of his wing for using 2 wings length

I don't see why tail should be closer than blade. Blade is obviously closer
Because king is behind the wing as literally shown with his own wing and his arm and blade is even more behind as it’s pointing downwards from his arms
He rotates his wings at the same time, each wing has its own moved distance, you can't just sum it
If a plane rotates 90 degrees and I have the size of 1 wing then I would 2x the wing to compensate for the other wing rotating… how are you even arguing against this
Situation is like throwing 2 fists at the same time, so punching 2 times in the same timeframe he doesn't mean you can use 2x distance if he didn't do it consecutively(which isn't happening here as wings rotate at the same time)
Yee the wings rotates at the same time…

Technically it’s his whole body that rotates I just didn’t use his body since there was no way of scaling his entire body in those scans when he’s dodging the laser

Otherwise it would be much higher if I used this instead which uses the closest scaling and the full visibility of Marco’s zoan form
He's rotating around center, you should use 1 wing. He should've moved around the end of his wing for using 2 wings length
What? That’s simply just removing his wing and actual size

He rotates his whole body to the side and then rotates his body upwards… he’s not only rotating 1 wing or 2 wings

If a plane rotates 90 degrees and I have the size of 1 wing then I would 2x the wing to compensate for the other wing rotating… how are you even arguing against this
Maybe because this doesn't work? Do you even understand that what are you doing isn't different from summing speed of each wing?

If you still don't understand, look at this.

Here B is Marco's right wing's end and C is left wing's. B1 and C1 are their after positions. Here right wing's speed equals to left wing's speed and both are rotating 90 degrees. But you sum up AB and AC and then multiply by pi/2 as if its radius of rotation
Yee the wings rotates at the same time…

Technically it’s his whole body that rotates I just didn’t use his body since there was no way of scaling his entire body in those scans when he’s dodging the laser
Every part of his body has different speeds, you can just use the highest(end of his wing) but you just can't sum up some of them just because it also has speed.

If you still don't understand, look at this.

Here B is Marco's right wing's end and C is left wing's. B1 and C1 are their after positions. Here right wing's speed equals to left wing's speed and both are rotating 90 degrees. But you sum up AB and AC and then multiply by pi/2 as if its radius of rotation
Marco rotates C A and B 90 degrees to the right

And then rotates A upwards 90 degrees, that’s what I did in the calc, that’s the movements Marco did without also calculating the distance he traveled while doing those rotations
Every part of his body has different speeds, you can just use the highest(end of his wing) but you just can't sum up some of them just because it also has speed.
Every part of his body was rotating/moving at the same time the same way.

if you rotate all of your body to the right, then I would find the width of your body (which would be shoulder to shoulder) and it would’ve move around 90 degrees to dodge something

I wouldn’t calculate half of your body and only use that for you rotating and dodging like what?

Marco rotates his whole body, he doesn’t only rotate a specific body part.

Marco rotates C A and B 90 degrees to the right

And then rotates A upwards 90 degrees, that’s what I did in the calc, that’s the movements Marco did without also calculating the distance he traveled while doing those rotations

Every part of his body was rotating/moving at the same time the same way.

if you rotate all of your body to the right, then I would find the width of your body (which would be shoulder to shoulder) and it would’ve move around 90 degrees to dodge something

I wouldn’t calculate half of your body and only use that for you rotating and dodging like what?

Marco rotates his whole body, he doesn’t only rotate a specific body part.
For this you should claim that he rotated around the end of his right wing, not body. Which is like impossible considering that he dodged to the left. I'm not even talking about that all the movement didn't happen within the same timeframe we take.

For this you should claim that he rotated around the end of his right wing, not body. Which is like impossible considering that he dodged to the left. I'm not even talking about that all the movement didn't happen within the same timeframe we take.
His main body was in the direct line of fire… he rotates his body’s width to the right, down to the ground and then travels forward and rotates his body’s height upwards.

And it literally does happen in the same timeframe (otherwise he would’ve been hit)

Last edited:
His main body was in the direct line of fire… he rotates his body’s width to the right and then travels forward and rotates his body’s height upwards.
I don't really get what you're saying can you show visually if it's possible? Because if we look at fire that show his past movement, it's more like he dodged downwards and then flew around laser to reach the queen.
No it doesn't? At the end of the movement laser's already passed thorugh Marco's past position(traveled more than 7.2443731864395 meters) so you can't use that 7.2 m distance except for minimal distance to escape the attack at the beginning (obviously if I'm right about dodging downwards but I'm not sure)

I don't really get what you're saying can you show visually if it's possible? Because if we look at fire that show his past movement, it's more like he dodged downwards and then flew around laser to reach the queen.
You can visually do it in real life, extend both arms to the side, rotate your arm and body to the right 90 degrees and then while your traveling forward you rotate your head upwards

I guess this video kinda visually shows it, but the rotations would happen quicker and the camera would have to stand still to fully show it like Marco’s zoan

No it doesn't? At the end of the movement laser's already passed thorugh Marco's past position(traveled more than 7.2443731864395 meters)
Yee but Marco would have to make 2 90 degree movements to move out of the way from the laser
so you can't use that 7.2 m distance except for minimal distance to escape the attack at the beginning (obviously if I'm right about dodging downwards but I'm not sure)
Not sure what you mean here. Marco would first have to rotate his wing which is 90 degrees then either go directly upwards or I guess it would be more accurate to say he goes down to the left and then upwards to the right to be able to see his body from above and dodge the laser that’s about to hit him since if he only rotated his wing, he would still get hit

This is further visualized by looking at the tail

So he would need to go down to the left 90 degrees to move out of the way of the laser which that happens in the same timeframe of the laser trying to reach him, which he then rotated upwards to go after queen

Last edited:
I guess this video kinda visually shows it, but the rotations would happen quicker and the camera would have to stand still to fully show it like Marco’s zoan
For this kind of rotation dividing by 2 still needed as he rotates around its center
Not sure what you mean here. Marco would first have to rotate his wing which is 90 degrees then either go directly upwards or I guess it would be more accurate to say he goes down and then upwards to be able to see his body from above and dodge the laser that’s about to hit him since if he only rotated his wing, he would still get hit
I meant that if we look at fire that shows his past movement, he kinda dodged downwards, then (now laser's trajectory isn't a threat to him) rotated around laser while reaching queen. I'm not 100% sure but it makes more sense rather than making it more difficult to dodge moving more distance.

I meant that if we look at fire that shows his past movement, he kinda dodged downwards, then (now laser's trajectory isn't a threat to him) rotated around laser while reaching queen. I'm not 100% sure but it makes more sense rather than making it more difficult to dodge moving more distance.
That would make no sense and would go against the tail showing it’s movements that he went directly left and then up
For this kind of rotation dividing by 2 still needed as he rotates around its center
He rotates his whole body… he doesn’t rotate his half, he rotates the center and everything else

That would make no sense and would go against the tail showing it’s movements that he went directly left and then up
Well, he can do same thing after dodging downwards too
He rotates his whole body… he doesn’t rotate his half, he rotates the center and everything else
Nobody here says about rotating half of the body? Its about around what it rotates. Just in video you sent it rotates around its center so dividing by 2 is needed.

Well, he can do same thing after dodging downwards too

Nobody here says about rotating half of the body? Its about around what it rotates. Just in video you sent it rotates around its center so dividing by 2 is needed.
Uhh no…? If he is looking at you and then rotates his body to the right (one movement is done and would still be in the line of fire) and then rotates down the to the left (one movement that enables him to move out of the way and dodge to the left), I am calculating his movements in that timeframe, not the movements he covered which is what you are trying to do I’m assuming (I can later in few days show a visible demonstration if you still don’t understand the rotations/movements he did)

What I did is all shown by the tail going 90 degrees to the left and visibly shows the back side of the tail which is confirmed by seeing the further tail being visible at the front side of his tail

His full movements in that panel is roll, go down and then up.. that is literally what it’s shown

Since we are using the before panel timeframe/distance then you would be only using those two movements of rolling and going down, I think it might be possible to make another calc in the timeframe of the laser hitting the object aswell which then would be the 3 movements Marco did

Last edited:
Uhh no…? If he is looking at you and then rotates his body to the right (one movement is done and would still be in the line of fire) and then rotates down the to the left (one movement that enables him to move out of the way and dodge to the left), I am calculating his movements in that timeframe, not the movements he covered which is what you are trying to do I’m assuming

What I did is all shown by the tail going 90 degrees to the left and visibly shown the back side of the tail and then then further tail being visible at the front side of his tail
I see what you're saying but again, what makes you think that he rotates around end of his wing?(it's necessary for use of full body) Also there is no reason to rotate at first and then get away moving to the left, as via rotation he won't escape like you said. He will just make laser harder to dodge moving more distance. Him going down first and then(after not being in the line of fire) making that rotation to fly around laser to reach queen is more reasonable.

We're not coming to a conclusion I think. Arguments will be repeated. Better asking CGMs to decide.

I see what you're saying but again, what makes you think that he rotates around end of his wing?(it's necessary for use of full body) Also there is no reason to rotate at first and then get away moving to the left, as via rotation he won't escape like you said. He will just make laser harder to dodge moving more distance. Him going down first and then(after not being in the line of fire) making that rotation to fly around laser to reach queen is more reasonable.

We're not coming to a conclusion I think. Arguments will be repeated. Better asking CGMs to decide.
I mean what you think he should’ve done and what’s actually shown what he did is not comparable tho

He could’ve done that to get an opening on queen, he’s main worry wasn’t dodging the laser, it was getting to queen and attacking him

He does a similar thing to Kizaru by rotating his body 180 degrees and kicking from above to get an upperhand and a possible opening

Last edited:
I mean what you think he should’ve done and what’s actually shown what he did is not comparable tho

He could’ve done that to get an opening on queen, he’s main worry wasn’t dodging the laser, it was getting to queen and attacking him
He's doing almost the same thing as you said but from a little lower position, it doesn't contradict the panel

He's doing almost the same thing as you said but from a little lower position, it doesn't contradict the panel
It does contradict the panel since you are saying he goes down to dodge the laser which isn’t shown by the tail at all, it goes directly to the left not down then left

Back