• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the several small threads done by me. Wanted to implement this before the combined attacks, but that was finished first and more impactful.

Nothing too big.

The implementation of this as a footnote or something in Luffy's profile
Sorry I didn't understood what this thread means, is it to add references/notes to luffy profile? Btw, I checked the blog, it looks good

Sorry I didn't understood what this thread means, is it to add references/notes to luffy profile? Btw, I checked the blog, it looks good
It's meant to link it next to Luffy's section in his powers and abilities, durability, or notes section where people understand Luffy's physiology.

But I mainly sent it here to hear any (dis)agreements

In my opinion (my full analysis), Luffy's durability always has been different than your usual "durability" due to his Rubber physiology like normally a 7.5x AP difference is enough to one shoot, yet Luffy laughs it off and says "cuz i'm rubber" (I always found it weird that luffy's durability is almost the same as his AP section, considering he should be capable of taking his own non-haki-imbued punches without any difficulty).

Luffy consistently takes hits from characters twice stronger or tier higher than him and the crazy thing is that those punches they threw doesn't seem to have any effect on him. Massive props to Tempest for clearing up all the common misconceptions that's usually taken out of context (Particularly Luffy vs Lucci).

I agree but what's the limit of this? what AP could bruise him or what tier?
Basically he doesn't get bruised by conventional means, and to qualify the tier meant to hurt him is just ridiculously larger than whatever tier he stands at, but we can't quantify it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

h9v511h2tbn41.png

7050 Gomu Gomu's is cosmic distances
Minimum I'd assume is diameter of earth
7050 Gomu Gomu's = 12,742 km

Screen_Shot_2021-10-05_at_11.42.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-10-05_at_11.43.28_AM.png

130 kilometers range for Luffy?

Basically he doesn't get bruised by conventional means, and to qualify the tier meant to hurt him is just ridiculously larger than whatever tier he stands at, but we can't quantify it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

h9v511h2tbn41.png

7050 Gomu Gomu's is cosmic distances
Minimum I'd assume is diameter of earth
7050 Gomu Gomu's = 12,742 km

Screen_Shot_2021-10-05_at_11.42.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-10-05_at_11.43.28_AM.png

130 kilometers range for Luffy?
So you have to stretch luffy 130 kilometers to hurt him?

I don't really follow One Piece so I'd like to ask how do we know Kizaru was using Haki? Your blog just says he scales to someone that uses Haki to harm Luffy... what does physically scaling to someone half to do with him using it at that point in time. Or is it just one of the "logical assumptions" things.

All in all, it seems fine. I just wanted an answer on the Kizaru thing.

I don't really follow One Piece so I'd like to ask how do we know Kizaru was using Haki? Your blog just says he scales to someone that uses Haki to harm Luffy... what does physically scaling to someone half to do with him using it at that point in time. Or is it just one of the "logical assumptions" things.

All in all, it seems fine. I just wanted an answer on the Kizaru thing.
When Luffy gets hit by blunt force attacks, he stretches.
When he got kicked by him, he didn't stretch, he was wounded like a regular human.

Only explanation would be haki, cause he should have stretched.

Last edited:
Several staff members have accepted this, so most likely I'd add it to his powers and abilities. If there's a better place to implement it whether it's his dura section or his notes, please notify me

Please note that Damage reduction was and is on the blog, so if anybody has any issues with that, please notify me.

Perfect, and thanks for the evaluation!

I'll probably just add on to this portion
It also makes them almost entirely immune to blunt attacks, including hand-to-hand combat, bullets or even cannonballs, an ability which can be further reinforced with the application of Busoshoku Haki.

And say
It also makes them almost entirely immune to blunt attacks, including hand-to-hand combat, bullets or even cannonballs, an ability which can be further reinforced with the application of Busoshoku Haki (this mechanic is further explained here).

I'll need these 2 pages open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back