• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One piece Logia CRT

As we saw in the zoro vs monet fight fear manipulation can interfere with logias being capable of controlling their elemental bodies.
16.jpeg

I propose we add a weakness on all Logia Profiles that sufficiently powerful fear manipulation can cause them to be unable to control their logia bodies.

If a Logia is rendered in a fear or rage-induced state, they wont be capable of controlling their body properly and may seem like they are merely flailing about.

I knew of the fear aspect had no idea about the rage induced state, akainus angry ass seems to control it (issa joke)

I disagree that this is something that acts on all logia users. But just something specific to Monet.

Caribou never showed this weakness when feeling fear of mugiwaras. Caesar never showed this weakness when feeling afraid of Big Mom and mugiwaras (Big Mom's fear aura terrified Queen and Kaido's crew making them crying and sweating cold). BB has never shown this weakness by feeling fear of death when fighting WB either.

I wouldn't generalize something with just one evidence, especially when it is not objective.

Well the SH outside of zoro don't have fear manip, him being scared of them isn't exactly the same as fear manip

Bm point looks valid since I recall her having it

WB/BB case is the same as the SH

That's just social influencing they're scared of someone who could easily kill them, of course their scared.
Queen just fought her and took hits from her and wasn't scared at all. Now she looked at him and he shivered.

Queen just fought her and took hits from her and wasn't scared at all. Now she looked at him and he shivered.
Yes, because she just destroyed him and gave him a look like she was going to kill them. You don't need fear manip to do that, fear manipulation is meant to be a supernatural ability that goes beyond intimidation.
I.E Stain from MHA scaring people far stronger than him when he was on the brink of death, Meruem from HXH literally aging someone 100 years due to fear, Ren in HXH etc.

Yes, because she just destroyed him and gave him a look like she was going to kill them. You don't need fear manip to do that
She slams his head on the ground in his Full Zoan Form.
He gets up, looks at her, talks shit, and gets spun and thrown into a wall.
He's unconscious. Wakes up and plans to hurt her again. Transforms again and attacks her.
As soon as she regains her original mindset, she looks at him and says "You're Queen" and him and everybody else there starts to shit themselves.

Yeah, because she was attempting to act intimidating at that point that's not fear manip, she wasn't trying to intimidate him so he wasn't scared. When she tried to intimidate him he was because she's one of the yonkou and it reminded him of that. If someone else agrees that it's fear manip sure I personally think that's just social influencing.

When she tried to intimidate him he was because she's one of the yonkou and it reminded him of that.
95% of the people in that building didn't know who the Yonko were and they were scared.
And he knew she was a Yonko when she stepped in the building.

Yeah, because she was attempting to act intimidating at that point that's not fear manip, she wasn't trying to intimidate him so he wasn't scared. When she tried to intimidate him he was because she's one of the yonkou and it reminded him of that. If someone else agrees that it's fear manip sure I personally think that's just social influencing.
Big mom uses Fear Manipulation to use her Soul Manipulation.... That's her Devil fruit power. Link, link, link and link

Last edited:

If a Logia is rendered in a fear or rage-induced state, they wont be capable of controlling their body properly and may seem like they are merely flailing about.
Since this was already on the page cannot this thread be closed?

Since this was already on the page cannot this thread be closed?
People are discussing if it's accurate that it should be there.

I'm surprised we just slapped this on a weakness for all logias instead of just Monet.

Yeah, this should just be for Monet for now.

On a side note it is annoying that Monet is one of the last Logias we were introduced to, and she debuted in Punk Hazard.

Yeah, this should just be for Monet for now.

On a side note it is annoying that Monet is one of the last Logias we were introduced to, and she debuted in Punk Hazard.
I don't see why this would only apply to monet, mind she's one of the weaker logia characters so she's probably easier to scare than most, but against stories with supernatural methods of fear manip(As nodt from bleach) it makes sense that other logias would be vulnerable if they were sufficiently terrfied.

Oda can't think of any other elements

But seriously though, can we remove that from the page and
A. Add it as a perk of Zoro's fear manip (described to be because of his fear manip)
B. Add it as a weakness to Monet

I don't see why this would only apply to monet, mind she's one of the weaker logia characters so she's probably easier to scare than most, but against stories with supernatural methods of fear manip(As nodt from bleach) it makes sense that other logias would be vulnerable if they were sufficiently terrfied.
She fought consistently stronger people than her and she was perfectly fine until Zoro looked her in her eye and said "get scared".

Caesar has never fallen prey to that despite him being around several people he fears.
When Akainu got ran up on by WB and he was scared as hell, he wasn't shivering.

This is only showed for Monet. One weakness showed only once for a single character shouldn't be assumed to work for an entire class.

It's like saying you find a weakness in a single Zoan and now all Zoans have that weakness.

She fought consistently stronger people than her and she was perfectly fine until Zoro looked her in her eye and said "get scared".

Caesar has never fallen prey to that despite him being around several people he fears.
When Akainu got ran up on by WB and he was scared as hell, he wasn't shivering.

This is only showed for Monet. One weakness showed only once for a single character shouldn't be assumed to work for an entire class.

It's like saying you find a weakness in a single Zoan and now all Zoans have that weakness.
Yes, there's a difference between social influencing and fear manip. Zoro showed fear manip the examples you showed were at most social influencing.

When did akainu show himself being terrified of whitebeard, was there some fear yes, but there's a difference.

Standard fear is different than fear manip.

I'd agree with mentioning that it requires a higher level than standard fear manip, but I do think that this should be applied to other logia users.

There is not a single thing that proves that this is a weakness that branches out for other logias.

The underwater weakness is exclaimed to be for all DF users.
Seastone is a weakness for all DF users.

For certain characters, there are abilities and weaknesses that are only specifically for certain characters w/ certain abilities, just like how Law's stamina gets absolutely axed every time he uses his DF power. We're not gonna say all DF users lose immense amounts of stamina because of it.

This has no reason to be for every DF logia user.

There is not a single thing that proves that this is a weakness that branches out for other logias.

The underwater weakness is exclaimed to be for all DF users.
Seastone is a weakness for all DF users.

For certain characters, there are abilities and weaknesses that are only specifically for certain characters w/ certain abilities, just like how Law's stamina gets absolutely axed every time he uses his DF power. We're not gonna say all DF users lose immense amounts of stamina because of it.

This has no reason to be for every DF logia user.
There's nothing here that shows it applies only to Monet. Law has explicitly mentioned it's a weakness of his his fruit, tashigi explicty mentions she can't control her body because of the fear she's feeling I can't see why that would apply to other logias, it would probably take a lot more for character like the admirals to be terrified but against supernatural fear manip abilities it should at least be possible,

There's nothing here that shows it applies only to Monet. Law has explicitly mentioned it's a weakness of his his fruit, tashigi explicty mentions she can't control her body because of the fear she's feeling I can't see why that would apply to other logias, it would probably take a lot more for character like the admirals to be terrified but against supernatural fear manip abilities it should at least be possible,
Notice how Tashigi says "she", she doesn't say "this weakness for Logias", while she works with a Logia every day of the week, she would've noted it.
"She can't control her own body!! She's paralyzed by the knowledge that if he'd used haki, she would be dead... plus the fear of his overwhelming power!! I've never seen anyone win a fight this way!!"
This is talking only about her.

You have not a single thing basing it to all logias except the fact that it happened to a logia.

Notice how Tashigi says "she", she doesn't say "this weakness for Logias", while she works with a Logia every day of the week, she would've noted it.

This is talking only about her.

You have not a single thing basing it to all logias except the fact that it happened to a logia.
Then why didn't tashigi note that it's different from smoker, tashigi doesn't know monet and there's no reason it would apply to only her.

Then why didn't tashigi note that it's different from smoker, tashigi doesn't know monet and there's no reason it would apply to only her.
What?
Why does she need to?
Does Luffy need to say that some people's zoan hybrids give higher amps than others?
We don't need a statement to show things are different, we need a statement to show things are the same.

What?
Why does she need to?
Does Luffy need to say that some people's zoan hybrids give higher amps than others?
We don't need a statement to show things are different, we need a statement to show things are the same.
Why would this apply only to monet, is it a weakness of her mind/ her body / her fruit what about her makes her different than other logias.

Why would this apply only to monet, is it a weakness of her mind/ her body / her fruit what about her makes her different than other logias.
What makes her different is that she's a completely different person.

It's stated that she's paralyzed by Zoro's fear, so it's 2 things.

1. Zoro's fear manip can paralyze people.
2. Monet gets paralyzed when she's scared.

A weakness to one logia is not a weakness to all logias. You need to prove otherwise, not me

Yeah I do not agree with it being Monet only.
Everyone experiences that when sufficiently scarred, basic Science.. It is a weakness of devil fruits BUT it is a strength of each character how scarred they get from X.

At best I would consider switching it up in light of Zoro being a confirmed user of Supreme King Haki, albeit without knowing when he is using it.

What makes her different is that she's a completely different person.

It's stated that she's paralyzed by Zoro's fear, so it's 2 things.

1. Zoro's fear manip can paralyze people.

A weakness to one logia is not a weakness to all logias. You need to prove otherwise, not me
If zoro's fear mar manip can paralyze people than that would be an all logia thing. The compromise I'd be ok with it being something like this
"If logias are scared to the point of paralyzing it can affect their devil fruit powers".

If zoro's fear mar manip can paralyze people than that would be an all logia thing. The compromise I'd be ok with it being something like this
"If logias are scared to the point of paralyzing it can affect their devil fruit powers".
It didn't affect Monet's power directly, but her motor coordination. Scientifically speaking, fear causes changes in areas of the brain, in Monet's case this directly affected her power because she needs the brain to control her powers. Adding this to Devil Fruit's direct weakness is redundant, when this is merely a general human weakness.

I actually agree that it should be a weakness for all logia. Especially dealing with supernatural fear and not intimidation
If you look at Tashigi's statement there it's quite obvious to me:

"If you're paralyzed by fear, then you can't manipulate your own body, and therefore can't reform it."

Personally, I would take this even further and say that this means supernatural paralyzation in general should also do this... but that's not the topic of the thread so, kek.

You mean for all that can feel fear. This isn't a specific weakness for only logias...
We're talking about them being able to reform their body while hit with fear hax, not whether or not they resist it.

So that weakness is indeed for logia, since only they can reform their bodies (Although there's like 1 or 2 paramecia who can do the same; but I'm being general)

Here we see her body can't move because of fear (not in logia form) and gets sliced with no haki... Then she tries forming back but fear makes her panic and literally in the same panel we can see her attacking in logia form while in fear (bottom left) and than next panel we see her reformed. This is not a weakness to all logias but for all humans that feel fear.

This thread is for logias not being able to control there own logia bodies yet she could still attack in her logia body but not reform instantly back. I disagree.

Back