• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Haki Fire Resistance

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Not wasting any time at all since I’m busy and everyone is busy. Pray this goes quick but this is One Piece so w/e.

Busōshoku Haki gets Fire Resistance because of this. Ace flat out says his fire doesn’t work on the Vice Admiral because he uses Haki. Then when he gets Haki he overpowers his resistance and burns him.

The support from this CRT works as well.

Also, idk if this would just be durability, but we see Jinbe not get burned when he uses Haki to defend himself. This could be another support for resistance to fire.

0890-013.png
0890-014.png
0890-015.png

Last edited:
Yeah we currently accept it as canon via Oda's messages on it and such, plus he supervised it and was involved in making the story.
It's also on the One Piece magazines

Not wasting any time at all since I’m busy and everyone is busy. Pray this goes quick but this is One Piece so w/e.

Busōshoku Haki gets Fire Resistance because of this. Ace flat out says his fire doesn’t work on the Vice Admiral because he uses Haki. Then when he gets Haki he overpowers his resistance and burns him.

The support from this CRT works as well.
110% agree 🐵👍

Don’t Haki already has Resistance to Heat Manipulation already. But I guess this can be used as supporting if Haki already has Resistance to Heat on its page

Don’t Haki already has Resistance to Heat Manipulation already. But I guess this can be used as supporting if Haki already has Resistance to Heat on its page
Heat yeah, but heat comes in many forms. Lightning, fevers, flames, friction, etc.

This one is specifically fire which we know doesn't work on it. So fire attacks would get resisted.

Also, idk if this would just be durability, but we see Jinbe not get burned when he uses Haki to defend himself. This could be another support for resistance to fire.

0890-013.png
0890-014.png
0890-015.png

Disagree with this, in the first case it's clearly the vice admiral's Haki negating Ace's Logia powers and hitting the body underneath. It's no more fire resistance than Whitebeard cracking all of Akainu's ribs with his bare fist is fire resistance.

In the other cases, it is clearly durability. Jinbe's Haki doesn't even broken through by a Cognac swing, how's fire going to phase THAT?

Disagree with this, in the first case it's clearly the vice admiral's Haki negating Ace's Logia powers and hitting the body underneath. It's no more fire resistance than Whitebeard cracking all of Akainu's ribs with his bare fist is fire resistance.
What?
Haki doesn't negate logia abilities
8.png

Last edited:

In the other cases, it is clearly durability. Jinbe's Haki doesn't even broken through by a Cognac swing, how's fire going to phase THAT?
"Especially strong Haki would easily overpower the abilities of a Devil Fruit."
"Perhaps my flames can't hurt you because you can use Haki".

That's... definitely not just durability. Especially with the lore of Haki being the counter to Devil Fruit abilities

"Especially strong Haki would easily overpower the abilities of a Devil Fruit."
Yes, that's what I'm saying as well: making Logia users tangible. That's overpowering the Devil Fruit, just the same as Paramecia users with body modification fruits get injured by Haki users as if they were normal humans.

"Perhaps my flames can't hurt you because you can use Haki".
Notice how he says "perhaps" as well because he's not sure. Also, Haki amps dura? I don't see how this is any further proof against what I said.

That's... definitely not just durability. Especially with the lore of Haki being the counter to Devil Fruit abilities
Yeah, countering them by negating their effectiveness when it hits them. There's more than one way to counter a Devil Fruit. You're essentially insinuating Haki users could have resistance to any Logia so long as they...used it? Even though we've been shown that's not the case.

Read what Robin says... Plus luffy is holding onto the logia
Let me specify then: it negates them partially. As in, locally. As in, anywhere the Haki user is grabbing them.

Yes, the entire body doesn't get turned back to a normal human. It's not like Haki is Seastone. But it nonetheless negates a Logia user's powers on the impacted body part. This has always been how Armament has been portrayed.

Let me specify then: it negates them partially. As in, locally. As in, anywhere the Haki user is grabbing them.

Yes, the entire body doesn't get turned back to a normal human. It's not like Haki is Seastone. But it nonetheless negates a Logia user's powers on the impacted body part. This has always been how Armament has been portrayed.
No... Armament haki only let's you solidify logia users

And what does solidifying them do? Negate their Logia intangibility and regeneration. Which is what I've been saying. Like there is no point to argue here, this is just the plot of the series.

Yes, that's what I'm saying as well: making Logia users tangible. That's overpowering the Devil Fruit, just the same as Paramecia users with body modification fruits get injured by Haki users as if they were normal humans.
No one is referring to the negation of intangibility. I'm referring to Ace's fire not doing anything to the Vice Admiral.
Notice how he says "perhaps" as well because he's not sure. Also, Haki amps dura? I don't see how this is any further proof against what I said.
Because if it was just durability, then this wouldn't be anything special, he'd just say "you're more durable".
Yeah, countering them by negating their effectiveness when it hits them. There's more than one way to counter a Devil Fruit. You're essentially insinuating Haki users could have resistance to any Logia so long as they...used it? Even though we've been shown that's not the case.
That's most definitely the case.

Idk if you missed it Crab, but we've had many/several threads referencing how Devil Fruits get resisted by Haki.

We haven't been shown that's the case, in fact, we have many statements and feats showing Devil Fruits get resisted by Haki, including Logias.
The only reason why we haven't added every single logia ability to the haki page is because we made it a thing where we'd only add abilities shown.

No one is referring to the negation of intangibility. I'm referring to Ace's fire not doing anything to the Vice Admiral.

Because if it was just durability, then this wouldn't be anything special, he'd just say "you're more durable".

"Especially strong Haki would easily overpower the abilities of a Devil Fruit. For example...by making one capable of grabbing fire with their bare hands."

This is just referring to the Logia intangibility negation.

""Perhaps my flames can't hurt you because you can use Haki."

And on this my stance hasn't changed. It could still be the durability of the Haki. It's after all in it's most basic form (which seems to be what this is since no description of black-clad Hardening is mentioned) invisible armor.

That's most definitely the case.

Idk if you missed it Crab, but we've had many/several threads referencing how Devil Fruits get resisted by Haki.

We haven't been shown that's the case, in fact, we have many statements and feats showing Devil Fruits get resisted by Haki, including Logias.
The only reason why we haven't added every single logia ability to the haki page is because we made it a thing where we'd only add abilities shown.
And good work with that. And I don't disagree with the policy, nor do I disagree with the fact that Haki can negate DF abilities. Law's example with the Emperors flat out confirms it, if nothing else does.

But at least in this case I don't think there's sufficient evidence from these scans to conclusively point to Haki getting a specific resistance to fire as well. I think the best case to be made for it is Luffy consistently not commenting on any sort of discomfort at all when using Hardening fire attacks like Red Hawk.

"Especially strong Haki would easily overpower the abilities of a Devil Fruit. For example...by making one capable of grabbing fire with their bare hands."

"Ace's fist slammed into Dorrow's face. Blazing fire enveloped his head."
"He swept aside the flame as though batting a fly. He was perfectly unharmed. The punch had landed. But Dorrow smiled it off, totally unaffected."

And on this my stance hasn't changed. It could still be the durability of the Haki. It's after all in it's most basic form (which seems to be what this is since no description of black-clad Hardening is mentioned) invisible armor.
Durability amps don't stop people from getting burned. And that wouldn't be durability since immediately he starts to use Haki and flips the script.

"I can't burn you because you have a dura amp" that's... weird. I fail to see why he notes that it's specifically a durability amp that changes that.

If it was durability then they would note his more durable self, and that wouldn't end up being negated by Ace learning Haki later. It being a dura amp isn't special.

It being hardening doesn't matter when invisible Buso is shown to negate DF abilities as well.
And good work with that. And I don't disagree with the policy, nor do I disagree with the fact that Haki can negate DF abilities. Law's example with the Emperors flat out confirms it, if nothing else does.

But at least in this case I don't think there's sufficient evidence from these scans to conclusively point to Haki getting a specific resistance to fire as well. I think the best case to be made for it is Luffy consistently not commenting on any sort of discomfort at all when using Hardening fire attacks like Red Hawk.
Would that be fine then?

I didn't understand your comment

Good enough I guess. Haki resists someone from burning/flaming however it works one way otherwise Red Hawk or Ifrit Jambe would not work.

Back