• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Hmm, the wano dub is interesting so far...
A few questions
1.In Thriller Bark some zombies died again from eating salty food because Moria's devil fruit brought them back to life. Would same thing happen to Brook if he ate salty things since Brook's Devil Fruit is responsible for bring him back to life?
2.Any thoughts on the theory that haki might get weakened/become harder to use if you lose your will/ambition?

2.Any thoughts on the theory that haki might get weakened/become harder to use if you lose your will/ambition?
I don't believe it. Kaido seems to have lost his ambition to "Change the world," and now it looks like he would rather destroy it.

Despite this, Kaido's haki looks stronger than ever

I don't believe it. Kaido seems to have lost his ambition to "Change the world," and now it looks like he would rather destroy it.

Despite this, Kaido's haki looks stronger than ever
He didn't give up on finding the One Piece tho. Wouldn't causing a war so big that might destroy the world be just as great of an ambition as wanting change the world? This is more of change of objectives than straight up lacking ambition here.

He didn't give up on finding the One Piece tho. Wouldn't causing a war so big that might destroy the world be just as great of an ambition as wanting change the world? This is more of change of objectives than straight up lacking ambition here.
Fair enough

Catching up with the thread.

No, Snook. You cannot use a chart that says, "Well, blue stars have a surface of 33000K", you literally cannot do that, and say "Well, all blue fire is 33000K".
Those are not the same. The temperature of a star's surface comes from how much energy it's core have+it's size (how close it is relative to the core)+what's actually burning.

It is NOT a basis to every fire in existance, and it is certainly not based on color alone. No, fire doesn't turn blue just when it hits 33000K, it turns much earlier than, around 1700°F.

If you have the ionization feat, stick with it. You're getting nowhere with the color bullshit.
Knew it, why nearly every time you commet… you talk about so much things and stuff, kinda like a debate/argument starter 🐵

Might be why Ace never showed conqueror's after he decided to work to make another man the Pirate King instead of himself-
Wait, have the Ace related side-material stuff been finished?
Wouldn't it be funny in Marineford if Ace KOs his executers & some marine fodders?

Wait, have the Ace related side-material stuff been finished?
Wouldn't it be funny in Marineford if Ace KOs his executers & some marine fodders?
If you mean the Boichi drawn spin-off, then I believe it's been done.

I wish ;; Or KO all the fodder in the way after Luffy saved him-

And the novels are done too? You think Boichi had an influence on Yamato's color scheme.

Yeah that. Before you mentioned the WB thing, i thought Ace didn't use his haki cause of his conflicting emotions & being sad that his friends/family was getting hurt just save him.

And the novels are done too? You think Boichi had an influence on Yamato's color scheme.

Yeah that. Before you mentioned the WB thing, i thought Ace didn't use his haki cause of his conflicting emotions & being sad that his friends/family was getting hurt just save him.
That I can't say for sure- I've never kept up with the novels.

Maybe? But Conqueror's is a sign of "kingly ambitions", and I figured him losing said ambition and choosing to live for someone else's greatness took from that.

Did ace know how to even control conquerors haki?
Wasn't his conquers haki decribed as fiery when he met Shanks? He did a simular thing on Drum, both times he changed the weather of the island he was in.
Maybe? But Conqueror's is a sign of "kingly ambitions", and I figured him losing said ambition and choosing to live for someone else's greatness took from that.
Isn't Katakuri doing that with Big Mom too?

Isn't Katakuri doing that with Big Mom too?
I was about to write that but deleted it, because Katakuri does have the position of "perfect leader" and tries his best to be that figure. So he's an authorative leading figure in the family even when serving another.
That and he did show conflict at the end of the mirror world fight, clearly wanting Luffy to beat Big Mom. Maybe so he goes out and becomes his own pirate? Who knows-

I was about to write that but deleted it, because Katakuri does have the position of "perfect leader" and tries his best to be that figure. So he's an authorative leading figure in the family even when serving another.
That and he did show conflict at the end of the mirror world fight, clearly wanting Luffy to beat Big Mom. Maybe so he goes out and becomes his own pirate? Who knows-
Wouldn't Ace's authority figure as a division commander be a little simular to that? He was the only one that went after Teach; who Ace himself admitted would make better commander than him; while WB & the rest of the crew disagreed with him. He didn't want vengance on Blackebeard only just to honor WB & Thatch(+protecting Luffy); but also because he takes responsibilty for him as his commander.
Well played.

Wasn't his conquers haki decribed as fiery when he met Shanks? He did a simular thing on Drum, both times he changed the weather of the island he was in.
He changed the weather via devil fruit...

I remember him not knowing what it is or how to use it in the novel I think

He changed the weather via devil fruit...

I remember him not knowing what it is or how to use it in the novel I think
De7hMisU0AE2RzD

They mention only his haki when they comment about him changing the weather, not his devil fruit(weird ay).

1 of Ace's crewmates has knowledge on about haki & Ace used conqueror's haki at will on fishman island.

They mention only his haki when they comment about him changing the weather, not his devil fruit(weird ay).
That was his haki... Not conquerors haki, he has the spirit of fire... It's kinda like that

Similar to how luffy's red hawk is because of ace and similar to Sabo feeling ace with his devil fruit... 🤔 shit that was bad explaining BRO F THIS, HMM E LLC, SET LJUBLJANA E HTC JG JUST UNDERSTAND AND STOP BEING EVIL 😤😤😤😤😤😤 MY MIND IS SOO BAD, DON'T RESPOND 😤😤😤 ok... Ok... Hmm 🤔 am I calm bro my brain is kinda like moving instinctively... Just..................................... ****.... Ok, nah f this...it doesn't say conquerors haki boom and bye

020-2.jpg
021-2.jpg

The flame that bursts is life, or the baton of fire that is handed down

That man, the Ace of Fire Fist.

Two years ago, along with the title of Captain of the 2nd Squadron of the Whitebeard Pirates, the name "Ace of Fire Fists. I'm not sure if you've heard of it or not. In particular, the impact of the "fire fist" named after his two names was tremendous, and he was even feared to have "pierced a warship with flames and turned a town into hell". Ace lost his life in the Marine Ford Summit War.
His name became a legend and will remain in the world.

You and I

HARI

I can't believe it!

In the summit war, Luffy saw his brother's flame up close and personal with Ace. It is not hard to imagine that the fire made a vivid impression on Luffy.

The devil fruit that greatly affected the fate of ASL is the "Ra no Mi". Even after the death of Ace, the one who once had the ability, its remaining flame has not died out, but has been passed on to Luffy and Sabo, as if to tie the three brothers together. In this article, I will describe the trajectory of Melamera's abilities.

Guns and Fists

Ace's skill and soul inherited by Sabo]

The will of fire, which sprouts within Luffy
The Will of the Flame: Two Years After Ace's Death.... Through severe training, Luffy learns a new technique. *In this episode, Luffy uses a new technique that recreates Ace's "fire fist" by putting "armed color supremacy" on "Gear 2" and igniting it with super-acceleration - the name of which is the rubber fire pistol.

Fire Fist

The fruit of Mela Mela, which was regenerated as a devil fruit, was given to Doflamingo as the prize for winning the Corrida Colosseum, although the route is unknown. *After two years, his brother's flame has been passed on to another.

Ioirekake wa

The flame will not allow it.
-Sabo said, as if the burning figure in his left hand was the dying wish of the late Ace.

039_ONEPIECEmagazineVol.12|Special Feature: ASL

ACE,SABO
,LUFFY|ONEPIECEmagazineVol.12_038

Demon

As the true value of Mela Mela's fruit, another thing worth mentioning is its defensive power. The body that has turned into "fire" is immune to physical attacks such as blows and slashes. As you can see, even a slash from a fierce naval officer or a shot from Van Auger, the sniper of the Blackbeard pirates, could not damage Ace at all.

Really.

Ugh!

*MeraMera no Jitsu.
Its technique and ability

Skeevamba

The nature type, which turns the body into a natural substance, is considered to be the strongest type of devil fruit. Let's take a look at the various techniques and fighting methods of the Mela Mela fruit that make use of its characteristics.

I can't do it!

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, or if it's just hot.

I'm not sure.

BA

"Ace's "Fire Fist" turns his fists into flames.
Ace's "fire fist" shoots the enemy. The power of his attack is so impressive that he shot through five sailing ships with just one shot. Sabo is also good at
Burning
it's dragon claw fist reminds me of melamera.
Dragon Claw Fist...!
With one blow, he defeated Jesus Burgess, one of the Blackbeard pirates. It's not just the flames that are powerful, but also the devil's power that upgrades the user's natural high physical skills.

It is also useful for evasion. It is also useful for evasion, supporting the escape of allies.

In the Battle of Blackbeard, he shoots down debris falling from above, and in the Summit War, he shoots a pillar of fire at the Navy waiting below to secure a foothold for landing. In Alabasta, he set up a huge wall of flames to stall the enemy, and helped Luffy and the others escape as well.

I was beaten. By the hands of someone.

I left it in the story.

Thanks to the Straw Hats.
I did.

"G-o-o-o-o-o!

Oh! Ohh!

Fireball.

Oh, no!

Lamella.

Even incompatible demon fruits...!

It can shoot out flames into any shape, and can also attack from a distance* Fire alone is powerful enough, but in addition, Ace engaged in battle using a variety of remote attacks, such as the battle situation, enemy letterboxes, and giant spheres. In addition, Ace engaged in a variety of remote attacks such as battle situations, enemy letters, and giant spheres. Manipulate flames. It's also possible to use a flame spear or a ten-armed spear against Blackbeard, who is at a disadvantage when touched.

I won't let you go!
It's a backwards-compatible version of the higher-ranked "Mag Mag" fruit.
I'm a firebreather!
I'm a firebreathing magma! I'll be back.
As Akanu Sakazaki stated, the two abilities are
The relationship between the two is I'm not sure what to make of this.
I'm not sure what to do.

When combustible materials are burned by "fire," the vaporized gas (or part of it) is "smoke. As Ace himself admitted, Smoker's "Moku Moku no Jitsu. It's hard to settle because they cancel each other's abilities.

Crossfire

APPS

Mokumoku no kane means
A relationship where the effects cancel each other out.

ACE,SABO,LUFFYONEPIECE
magazineVol.12_040

Last edited:
Wouldn't Ace's authority figure as a division commander be a little simular to that? He was the only one that went after Teach; who Ace himself admitted would make better commander than him; while WB & the rest of the crew disagreed with him. He didn't want vengance on Blackebeard only just to honor WB & Thatch(+protecting Luffy); but also because he takes responsibilty for him as his commander.
Well played.
It should, but their mindset's vastly different. Even though Kat serves Big Mom, he still holds himself to the height of perfection because of his siblings.
Ace through and through still idolizes Whitebeard and has no "dream" in a sense, while Katakuri's ambition is to be that perfect brother/Commander

That was his haki... Not conquerors haki, he has the spirit of fire... It's kinda like that
Agree with this. The term "haki" can be used as a general "presence" or "Spirit" term. Blackbeard seeing Luffy said his "Haki" grew stronger, but he was likely sensing his overall aura than his CONQUEROR'S specifically. Rayleigh even refers to"Haki" as "Spirit" in a general term, not conqueror's only.

It should, but their mindset's vastly different. Even though Kat serves Big Mom, he still holds himself to the height of perfection because of his siblings.
Ace through and through still idolizes Whitebeard and has no "dream" in a sense, while Katakuri's ambition is to be that perfect brother/Commander
Different mindset sure. But Ace holds himself to quite the great height too. He disobeyed WB+ignored the rest of the crew because of his responsibility as commander/authority figure & even Shanks called Ace a great leader(important quality fo this haki).
Idolizing somebody won't take away your Haki(Luffy & Yamato have idols too). Isn't wanting a family(most of WB's motivation) a dream in too? Even after acknowledging WB, he still continued to grow stronger, sparr with him & want to stay away from Roger's shadow.
Agree with this. The term "haki" can be used as a general "presence" or "Spirit" term. Blackbeard seeing Luffy said his "Haki" grew stronger, but he was likely sensing his overall aura than his CONQUEROR'S specifically. Rayleigh even refers to "Haki" as "Spirit" in a general term, not conqueror's only.
Problem's this: They say Haki was responsibile for the weather change & so far conquers is the only haki type that can alter the weather. Also if it was the Devil Fruit, wouldn't they comment on his mastery over the fruit? Wouldn't we see at least a few fire sparkles around him to show his using the fruit like we've with Akainu & Aokiji with their respective elements when they changed the weather?

Problem's this: They say Haki was responsibile for the weather change & so far conquers is the only haki type that can alter the weather. Also if it was the Devil Fruit, wouldn't they comment on his mastery over the fruit? Wouldn't we see at least a few fire sparkles around him to show his using the fruit like we've with Akainu & Aokiji with their respective elements when they changed the weather?
Maybe. I'm only slightly leaning because of the fact that usually when CoC is used, it gets specified. While the term "haki" itself is used for the general aspect of one's spirit.

Maybe. I'm only slightly leaning because of the fact that usually when CoC is used, it gets specified. While the term "haki" itself is used for the general aspect of one's spirit.
It's not always specified; when WB used Conquerous on Ace's crew, they just say it's strong haki. The same was said when Shanks did it on WB ship. Eh whatever, I'm fine that answer.

I simply easily disagree not completely I think 🤔, but they are literally talking about his haki being fiery... And then we see Ben say while yes that's why the snow is melting which is a showcase and a support of aces fiery will/spirit/haki by being determined via Shanks comment, It's similar to the admirals

Last edited:
Back