• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece : Fujitora and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

14405User

Username Only
Intro
First of all in the accepted calculations, it was stated that the Fujitora meteor was pulled from 10,000,000 m from the surface
and here i want to discuss and at the same time want to give an opinion about the distance of the asteroid Fujitora
which should have been previously drawn by Fujitora

What rock did Fujitora pull. Comet, Meteorite or, Asteroid ?
First, we have to categorize the stone that Fujitora has drawn into what class?

Size: with a fairly large diameter from 14m - 462m
Content: It looks quite sturdy and solid, looks like the contents are metal, etc.

from the size alone we can conclude that the rock that Fujitora drew is an asteroid
and from the inside it looks like a Type M asteroid

about asteroid density
Same in the accepted calculation using meteor density but the masses of asteroids and meteors are completely different
the density of the asteroid Type M is about 4100kg/m^3

Asteroid distance from earth surface
for the Fujitora meteor distance we need to talk more
but in my opinion because the rock that Fujitora drew is an asteroid, we will use the distance of the asteroid
to the earth's surface most of the asteroids are in the Asteroid Main Belt which is very far away

but there are some asteroids that are close to Earth and is categorized as a Near-Earth Object (NEO)
and if it gets closer to Earth's orbit it will be categorized as Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (7.479.893,534km).
I'll use the Asteroid PHA distance for the reference calculation Fujitora uses for the meteor attack

Conclusion
  • The rock that Fujitora drew was an asteroid and type M
  • The asteroid that fujitora is pulling comes from the distance PHA

The OP earth is different from ours to a insane degree so I don’t think we can use real life distances to Potentially hazardous asteroids for this

This is would be an upgrade then , considering Fujitora meteor calc using 3700 kg/m³ for the Density of the meteor

The size and nature of how its pulled are the only things going for the argument of it being an asteroid.
But given the nature of the One Piece world (its size, climates, and everything else that makes it far more different) we can't accurately use real life asteroid logic for Fujitora's space rocks, I don't think.

They call his "Asteroids" meteorites several times. Even in your scan they call it a meteorite, so I fail to see why you completely ignored it.

I also don't understand why they call it Meteorite and I have prepared an answer to this question
Okay some facts about Meteorites

- sizes range from tiny grains to objects up to one meter wide

I think that's enough

And for Asteroid

- the largest at about 329 miles (530 kilometers) in diameter – to bodies that are less than 33 feet (10 meters) across

from here it is sufficient to prove that this is an asteroid
for that statement I don't understand I will try to find the original version

The size and nature of how its pulled are the only things going for the argument of it being an asteroid.
But given the nature of the One Piece world (its size, climates, and everything else that makes it far more different) we can't accurately use real life asteroid logic for Fujitora's space rocks, I don't think.
It aint even an asteroid.

If the verse calls it a meteorite, it's a meteorite.

That's like saying that a verse calls a material a cloud and you try to use tungsten density for lifting it just so you upgrade it

I also don't understand why they call it Meteorite and I have prepared an answer to this question

I think that's enough

And for Asteroid

- the largest at about 329 miles (530 kilometers) in diameter – to bodies that are less than 33 feet (10 meters) across
One Piece has a sun-sized planet. Hundred of meters meteorites should not be an extraordinary claim, the OP Universe clearly does not take Real Life object's scales.

I think that's enough

And for Asteroid

from here it is sufficient to prove that this is an asteroid
for that statement I don't understand I will try to find the original version
We take what the fiction verse says over what we think.

We calculated it to be a certain size. We don't use calculated results to justify real world things.

If the verse calls it a pebble we call it a pebble, not a boulder. If the verse calls it a puddle we call it a puddle, not an ocean.

They all call it a meteorite, so it's a meteorite. Regardless of if every scientist on earth thinks otherwise, if Oda thinks it's a meteorite, it's a meteorite

One Piece has a sun-sized planet. Hundred of meters meteorites should not be an extraordinary
That-- actually makes sense.
But yes- I agree with KT and Charmander here- the world is massive and its meteorites are sized up to match, more than likely. If it's canonically called a "Meteorite" then we shouldn't change it to fit a science that doesn't go hand in hand with the nature of the world itself

We take what the fiction verse says over what we think.

We calculated it to be a certain size. We don't use calculated results to justify real world things.

If the verse calls it a pebble we call it a pebble, not a boulder. If the verse calls it a puddle we call it a puddle, not an ocean.

They all call it a meteorite, so it's a meteorite. Regardless of if every scientist on earth thinks otherwise, if Oda thinks it's a meteorite, it's a meteorite

In simplest terms, a meteorite is a rock that falls to Earth from space. The vast majority of meteorites are pieces of asteroids, the small rocky bodies that orbit the Sun mostly between Mars and Jupiter.

Well I thought why the marines called it Meteorite because it fell to earth

in another scene Nami and Chopper call it Meteor

and he and the others Fujitora and the marines called him Meteor
the scene

So what should we use?
Meteor or Meteorite

dude

it's not an asteroid

until they call it an asteroid in canon, it's not an asteroid.

So I made a mistake in my previous reply

I don't know about the difference between meteorites and meteoroids it's a very slight difference of only 4 letters and I was fooled

Meteroite :
In simplest terms, a meteorite is a rock that falls to Earth from space. The vast majority of meteorites are pieces of asteroids, the small rocky bodies that orbit the Sun mostly between Mars and Jupiter.

Meteroid :
Meteoroids are significantly smaller than asteroids, and range in size from small grains to one-meter-wide objects. Objects smaller than this are classified as micrometeoroids or space dustMost are fragments from comets or asteroids, whereas others are collision impact debris ejected from bodies such as the Moon or Mars

-

so looking at the statement given by Chopper and marine stated that it was a meteorite not meteroid and could prove that it could be an asteroid

give new opinion
waiting for response
@DemonGodMitchAubin @KingTempest

I don't understand why you don't get this.

There is nothing that proves it's an asteroid or anything of the like.

We will use meteorite density and we're not using the highballed asteroid belt density.

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back