• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: FTL+ is whack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @Damage3245, I'm not waiting for you to remove this. Seriously, what were you guys thinking?

So, since that ridiculous thread was approved, y'all twisted my arm to actively look for faults in both this new calculation and KT's own pixelscaling, and thankfully, I did. Now let's go to the meat and potatoes of the thread, 'kay?

Here is the entire slash frame by frame in full HD for your enjoyment:

Whitebeard's Entire Arm shouldn't be used
Like, seriously. Please refer to the scene above, Whitebeard holds his Murakumogiri with both arms, and swings it. That would not require a 90° movement for his entire arm, the majority of the movement is aided by the second arm, the arm itself would need half that movement or less.

It's proper to use the just forearm plus the Murakumogiri's blade. Tempest used a lot off the handle too, but we see clearly here:
6JQHTkq.jpg

That Whitebeard is barely holding much of the handle.
We see even further evidence that the arm didn't swing like a stick along with the Murakumogiri thanks to the second arm's help, allowing for faster swings without fast arm movement for the wielder themself. So, yeah, you don't use the entire arm for this, not here nor in hell.

Let me make a better measurement.
5ekFDck.png

66 pixels when 111 pixels are 6.66m.

((66÷111)6,66)×90×π÷180 = 6.2203534541077m

You might be thinking;

"Ha! That's still FTL+!"
6,2203534541077×299792458÷0,50130449= 12.4c!

That'd be right, but that's not the only problem with the calc now, is it?

Laser speed is inconsistent

Again, refer to the frame by frame images I sent earlier.

Look at this laser traveling.
Br6uHuu.png

Barely freaking moved, right?
By the way, this is the frame right before the swing suddenly jumps, and all lasers are gone!

Now look at this laser.

hHLxzbZ.png

It moved significantly more! This laser wasn't displaced by Whitebeard's swing too, so it would be easier and safer to calc. It moved surely about a whole meter before Whitebeard was swinging past the 40° mark!

So which one is lightspeed? That's the ceiling for lasers, if we use the faster one...

Now let's see.
WPVU1R5.jpg

Collar: 0.121651561m | 37px
Laser Movement: 300px | 0.986364m

So, the movement, considering 35°

((66÷111)6,66)×35×π÷180 = 2.4190263432641m

2,4190263432641×299792458÷0,986364 = 735231469,73m/s (2.45c | FTL)

So, nah. No FTL+.

What nonsense is this? This calculation is far less accurate than before

1. Using half of shirohige's arm + the tip of the sword is a misconception that you do, shirohige doesn't really move only half an arm, all of shirohige's hands move when slashing the laser displacement that kizaru does. nonsense, the evidence you made about half of shirohige's arm doesn't make sense you speculate that shirohige's movement is assisted by the second hand lol, the hand moves completely and nothing moves half in the picture you sent.

2. I don't know why you used 40° maybe because you are looking for a new laser displacement? If it doesn't matter, at the time of calc KT the movement forms a 90° angle:

3. "Barely freaking moved"
No, you're wrong again, the laser has not barely stopped, the movement of the laser remains consistent, the reason why the laser you are looking for a displacement moves like normal is because it is closer to the pov, you know right? If the laser is bigger and looks faster it's because it's closer to the pov, and why the laser seems to stop is because shirohige's movement is faster than the laser's displacement, right? Secondly, using baseless laser displacement, you're pixel scaling there's no evidence of final laser displacement there, you're just assuming and insisting on making this calculation not FTL+.

You're just doing the hard work and ignoring the easier ones.

OP has been FTL for a few months. Although, without diving into details, it might not be anymore in a few weeks, depends on what happens in the Manga.

Anyway, I'll assume @Damage3245 agrees with this since lil bro likes to communicate via kudos, so that's three agreements from Staff? Shall I await for someone else?

I mean like, this will take a while. And nah, I ain't blogging this, it's kind of worthless for the current scaling and is only meant to disprove whitebeard moved 15 times faster than Kizaru which is nonsensical. Just index the fact he interrupted Kizaru as the supporting feat for FTL, no need to attach a calc to it.
The reason why shirohige is still being attacked by kizaru even though shirohige is 15x faster than him.

( 1 ). Kizaru is capable because his react is not much different from Shirohige, it can be proven if Kizaru's attack speed, combat, react can be compared with Rayleigh, who is narratively not much different from Shirohige. Then why did Kizaru get slashed during his feat? The simple answer, Kizaru was "off guard", which is too focused on Luffy until he forgot about his surroundings. We find many cases of off guard, for example Mandeok.

( 2 ). As above, now shirohige is off guard as explained above. Moreover, this is done with kizaru's attack speed. But right bang, in calc laser kizaru is SOL based, how come when kizaru attacks shirohige it's not SOL?, yep this is clearly different where in that feat kizaru uses travel speed and calculated laser displacement which is like "slow" from attack speed laser kizaru to shirohige, and you can also distinguish the laser speed itself, it's clearly different.

So in conclusion, react and combat kizaru can be scaled to FTL +, but travel or movement of kizaru to one point to another is still SOL.

I don't have the energy to look through all this right now but easier does not mean better
Now I ask, is measuring and ignoring the angsize that the laser is obviously closer to the pov the best way? Shouldn't as long as we do the calculation we should make it with the above rules?

Now I ask, is measuring and ignoring the angsize that the laser is obviously closer to the pov the best way? Shouldn't as long as we do the calculation we should make it with the above rules?
What makes the laser "obviously closer to the PoV"? I'm looking at the pics over and over again to make sure but I really don't see how this is the case, in which case this wouldn't be the best way

What nonsense is this? This calculation is far less accurate than before

1. Using half of shirohige's arm + the tip of the sword is a misconception that you do, shirohige doesn't really move only half an arm, all of shirohige's hands move when slashing the laser displacement that kizaru does. nonsense, the evidence you made about half of shirohige's arm doesn't make sense you speculate that shirohige's movement is assisted by the second hand lol, the hand moves completely and nothing moves half in the picture you sent.

2. I don't know why you used 40° maybe because you are looking for a new laser displacement? If it doesn't matter, at the time of calc KT the movement forms a 90° angle:

3. "Barely freaking moved"
No, you're wrong again, the laser has not barely stopped, the movement of the laser remains consistent, the reason why the laser you are looking for a displacement moves like normal is because it is closer to the pov, you know right? If the laser is bigger and looks faster it's because it's closer to the pov, and why the laser seems to stop is because shirohige's movement is faster than the laser's displacement, right? Secondly, using baseless laser displacement, you're pixel scaling there's no evidence of final laser displacement there, you're just assuming and insisting on making this calculation not FTL+.

You're just doing the hard work and ignoring the easier ones.

You responded to absolutely nothing, just shouting, "this is wrong" isn't worth engaging with.
This has already been approved.

The illustration doesn't exactly reflect what's being shown in the anime, as Kizaru very much approaches Whitebeard from the side. And if you refuse to explain, that'll only give your stance less weight
Well, you can distinguish in the perspective of the laser coming out, the laser comes out together with a size that is not much different:

And during the feat, the laser you move is much bigger :

Also, this is not the important point in Tio's calc, the important point is that he assumes that the laser transfer in the final is like this

Even though there is no concrete evidence that states that the laser displacement at the end is like that

You responded to absolutely nothing, just shouting, "this is wrong" isn't worth engaging with.
This has already been approved.
Now provide evidence if the laser displacement you are pixel scaling is like that. After that moment, Kizaru was immediately cut down by Shirohige.

Well, you can distinguish in the perspective of the laser coming out, the laser comes out together with a size that is not much different:

And during the feat, the laser you move is much bigger :

Kinda. The ones further back are on the same plane, as shown by how they face more sideways than toward the screen. Thus, they can be pixel scaled
Also, this is not the important point in Tio's calc, the important point is that he assumes that the laser transfer in the final is like this

Even though there is no concrete evidence that states that the laser displacement at the end is like that

Not sure what you mean here to be honest. This is quite literally how the laser moves, based on the anime depiction. What you see is what you get

Also, this has already been accepted and applied so...

Kinda. The ones further back are on the same plane, as shown by how they face more sideways than toward the screen. Thus, they can be pixel scaled

Not sure what you mean here to be honest. This is quite literally how the laser moves, based on the anime depiction. What you see is what you get

Also, this has already been accepted and applied so...
Alright, if the calculation is less accurate than before it's already accepted, but can't I argue?

I'm not gonna deny your right to argue but I just think it would've been more convenient if you'd come before the changes were already made. Also, even if we use your laser distance (about 0.5013... meters), it would still not be FTL+

Not saying you can't, it just would've been more convenient. You'd need to do a lot of convincing for your argument though

I'm not gonna deny your right to argue but I just think it would've been more convenient if you'd come before the changes were already made. Also, even if we use your laser distance (about 0.5013... meters), it would still not be FTL+
not FTL+? what is your reason for saying this? Is it because of Shirohige's 2.4m movement? As I already refuted above, Tio's misconception that only half of the hand moves is wrong. Okay I'll leave, because what I'm going to do here won't be heard.

I will prepare the next thread by discussing calc thunder bagua KT.

Now provide evidence if the laser displacement you are pixel scaling is like that. After that moment, Kizaru was immediately cut down by Shirohige.
Bet.

Let AC (altitude height) be the distance between the initial point of the laser and the screen, or 1,25773447m. Now let AB be the apparent displacement away from the initial point, or 0.986364m.

Thus, to find BC

√(1,25773447²+0,986364²) = ~1,6 meters. And now the feat is, what, 1.8c?
Funny how that's the exact value @KingTempest got all of a sudden.

not FTL+? what is your reason for saying this? Is it because of Shirohige's 2.4m movement? As I already refuted above, Tio's misconception that only half of the hand moves is wrong. Okay I'll leave, because what I'm going to do here won't be heard.

I will prepare the next thread by discussing calc thunder bagua KT.
And you seem to willingly ignore the fact I never said WB's arm didn't move, I said his lower half arm did not swing 90° like the entire forearm and Bisento. That's a fact, bud.

Bet.

Let AC (altitude height) be the distance between the initial point of the laser and the screen, or 1,25773447m. Now let AB be the apparent displacement away from the initial point, or 0.986364m.

Thus, to find BC

√(1,25773447²+0,986364²) = ~1,6 meters. And now the feat is, what, 1.8c?
Funny how that's the exact value @KingTempest got all of a sudden.
What did you do with Pythagoras? You didn't angsize, which means you can't use Pythagoras here.

And you seem to willingly ignore the fact I never said WB's arm didn't move, I said his lower half arm did not swing 90° like the entire forearm and Bisento. That's a fact, bud.
What facts? I have explained and provided the picture above, which I said the movement made by the 90° shirohige was when the laser displacement that KT was looking for was not with yours.

I used your calc's angsize to find AC.
Using my angsize calc? This is clearly different, you don't seem to understand either.
1. I calculated the laser displacement differently from you.
2. You only calculate the laser in the initial frame, which is obviously different from yours.

Once again, you don't seem to understand, so I'll leave the math to the insane. ......

How would you angsize the laser with no size
What i would suggest is probably find the laser size by using a laser that is close to Kizaru, and then assuming that the laser size of Kizaru's laser is the same. You can probably use that size to angsize the laser that Tio's currently using to find the timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back