• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: FTL+ is whack

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioKill

They/Them
Sorry @Damage3245, I'm not waiting for you to remove this. Seriously, what were you guys thinking?

So, since that ridiculous thread was approved, y'all twisted my arm to actively look for faults in both this new calculation and KT's own pixelscaling, and thankfully, I did. Now let's go to the meat and potatoes of the thread, 'kay?

Here is the entire slash frame by frame in full HD for your enjoyment:

Whitebeard's Entire Arm shouldn't be used
Like, seriously. Please refer to the scene above, Whitebeard holds his Murakumogiri with both arms, and swings it. That would not require a 90° movement for his entire arm, the majority of the movement is aided by the second arm, the arm itself would need half that movement or less.

It's proper to use the just forearm plus the Murakumogiri's blade. Tempest used a lot off the handle too, but we see clearly here:
6JQHTkq.jpg

That Whitebeard is barely holding much of the handle.
We see even further evidence that the arm didn't swing like a stick along with the Murakumogiri thanks to the second arm's help, allowing for faster swings without fast arm movement for the wielder themself. So, yeah, you don't use the entire arm for this, not here nor in hell.

Let me make a better measurement.
5ekFDck.png

66 pixels when 111 pixels are 6.66m.

((66÷111)6,66)×90×π÷180 = 6.2203534541077m

You might be thinking;

"Ha! That's still FTL+!"
6,2203534541077×299792458÷0,50130449= 12.4c!

That'd be right, but that's not the only problem with the calc now, is it?

Laser speed is inconsistent

Again, refer to the frame by frame images I sent earlier.

Look at this laser traveling.
Br6uHuu.png

Barely freaking moved, right?
By the way, this is the frame right before the swing suddenly jumps, and all lasers are gone!

Now look at this laser.

hHLxzbZ.png

It moved significantly more! This laser wasn't displaced by Whitebeard's swing too, so it would be easier and safer to calc. It moved surely about a whole meter before Whitebeard was swinging past the 40° mark!

So which one is lightspeed? That's the ceiling for lasers, if we use the faster one...

Now let's see.
WPVU1R5.jpg

Collar: 0.121651561m | 37px
Laser Movement: 300px | 0.986364m

So, the movement, considering 35°

((66÷111)6,66)×35×π÷180 = 2.4190263432641m

2,4190263432641×299792458÷0,986364 = 735231469,73m/s (2.45c | FTL)

So, nah. No FTL+.

OP has been FTL for a few months. Although, without diving into details, it might not be anymore in a few weeks, depends on what happens in the Manga.

Anyway, I'll assume @Damage3245 agrees with this since lil bro likes to communicate via kudos, so that's three agreements from Staff? Shall I await for someone else?

I mean like, this will take a while. And nah, I ain't blogging this, it's kind of worthless for the current scaling and is only meant to disprove whitebeard moved 15 times faster than Kizaru which is nonsensical. Just index the fact he interrupted Kizaru as the supporting feat for FTL, no need to attach a calc to it.

Lesson for the future

When you get an inch don’t take a mile

So just revert the changes?

Imo, i think you using that laser to find the new timeframe is not that accurate. My reason being is that, the laser is closer to our POV rather than Kizaru's Collar. In which in this case, Kizaru's Collar is being used as the comparison for the px scaling. And just like the main problem from the previous calc, comparison object being far away from the object you want to px scale tends to not give an accurate result.

Illustration (Yeah I'm terrible at drawing, no need to judge)

And as you can see from my illustration, the laser i circled in with pink is what i assume the laser you are using for this calc. Where you can see the reason why i feel like using that laser isn't really a good choice to find the timeframe. But if i were you, what i would do is probably use a laser that is closer to Kizaru just like the previous calc to get a more accurate result? that's what i think of this calc tho, so feel free to think otherwise

Imo, i think you using that laser to find the new timeframe is not that accurate. My reason being is that, the laser is closer to our POV rather than Kizaru's Collar. In which in this case, Kizaru's Collar is being used as the comparison for the px scaling. And just like the main problem from the previous calc, comparison object being far away from the object you want to px scale tends to not give an accurate result.

Illustration (Yeah I'm terrible at drawing, no need to judge)

And as you can see from my illustration, the laser i circled in with pink is what i assume the laser you are using for this calc. Where you can see the reason why i feel like using that laser isn't really a good choice to find the timeframe. But if i were you, what i would do is probably use a laser that is closer to Kizaru just like the previous calc to get a more accurate result? that's what i think of this calc tho, so feel free to think otherwise
I didn't care about getting an extremely accurate enough, my point is that, no matter how you twist it, it's not an FTL+ feat, that has been accomplished

I didn't care about getting an extremely accurate enough, my point is that, no matter how you twist it, it's not an FTL+ feat, that has been accomplished
I am interested, why not? If you used closer, you will end up in the previous calculation.

Btw, we clearly see the laser is coming off Kizaru's back and going sideways, so the offset from the colar is a few centimeters at best, it wouldn't change the result in any meaningful way.

Please check through all of the One Piece pages in order to be certain that you notice all of the FTL+ values.

Well, I noticed such changes made by a few other members as well.

I will handle Yamato's page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back