• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Fishman Island Arc Revision

As the title stated, we're going to have to apply some edits for the Fishman Island arc characters.

There are two suggestions I am bringing to the table:

1) Luffy is to be upgraded to "At least High 7-C, likely Low 7-B" in base for applying this feat with a single kick. Zoro and Sanji will be downgraded to being "Unknown, at least Low 7-C, likely higher" for stomping a Pacifista, but having no reason to be scale to Luffy--as we do not scale them to his tiering in later arcs.

Or, we will do this:

2) Zoro and Sanji will still be downgraded, but Luffy is going to be upgraded to "Likely High 6-C" via powerscaling to Jinbe. Luffy shrugged off an attack to the face by Jinbe, and damaged Jinbe's arm with a Jet Stamp before their skirmish was halted by Robin and Sanji's interference.

It also doesn't make sense for Hody Jones (while Overdosed) to be capable of capturing Jinbe if there is a hundred-thousand something different between them in power (unless PIS is being argued). There is also no training session possible between the Fishman and Dressrosa arcs that would allow Luffy to go from low end tier 7 to somewhere in tier 6. A lot of this happened within a month time-span.

What should be done about Fishman Island arc characters: 1, 2, or something else?

I am personally fine with scaling from Jinbe.

1) I don't know about that. Has any calc member evaluated that feat?

2) I am not fine with scaling Luffy to Jinbe. It is extremely likely Jinbe was not serious there and was just trying to knock some sense into Luffy. Also Sanji took both of those punches. That would scale him as well, which doesn't make sense. If that was the case, then we would scale Usopp to Luffy as well because he damaged him and took his attacks.

@Rin - the part with Robin and Sanji is clearly intended to be a gag feat. It's not like they'd just throw Sanji into the middle of that and blast his head clean off just for laughs.

Usopp had preparation via dials and other types of weaponry (primarily blades) to help him fight Luffy, yet he still didn't do anything more than superficial--even with that massive explosion he set up and even with an impact dial using Luffy's own attack. Unless you're talking about something post time-skip.

Sanji is always like that in character. And he's not the only one that got punched, the three of them did. And scaling from to Jinbe from two punches in something that's not even intended to be a serious fight is wrong.

Just the fact that Usopp bruised Luffy and made him lose breath is enough to say that he was having a somewhat hard time. And Usopp still tanked quite a lot of Luffy's attacks.

If those were superficial damage, do you think that Stamp did more than superficial damage to Jinbe? They did nothing more thangive him a minor bruise. We should not scale to Jinbe.

While I agree with Luffy's upgrade, I don't think Zoro or Sanji should be downgraded because they've shown to never be that far from Luffy, since their all part of the Monster Trio it should be like comparing the admrials, while one may be a littl ethey shouldn't be put on a diffrent level.

Yeah, I am fine with this. It would make little sense to have him at town level when he was town level pre timeskip with gears and he is massively stronger in base now then before.

@Rin - Luffy took hits from Jinbe, and consistently damaged him with his attacks, even when blocked.

Usopp only hurt Luffy because he had the entire evening to prepare for the fight and he was clearly more intent on winning while Luffy was hesitant. It's not like he could do it if both of them were thrown into a versus match with no prep time. Usopp would be stomped immediately. The fight shows how Usopp could not beat Luffy. The only thing that actually harmed Luffy was the explosion.

Also, i thought I had scaled all of the Strawhats other than the monster trio to 8-A pre time-skip for Alabasta and CP9 arcs... Usopp is still 8-B... oops

I would appreciate some more staff input here.

It seems like the rest of the staff are not very interested in this thread.

For practical purposes, how would scaling from Jinbe affect the rest of our One Piece character profiles?

@Ant - Considering the part where Sanji got punched was entirely intended for comedy, and they wouldn't bother killing off a main character in a gag scene, it would only affect Luffy during Fishman/Punk Hazard, and Hody Jones while Overdosed and in his "Monster"-state, but he currently does not even have a profile.

Caeser Clown will have to be discussed, but I see him remaining City Level regardless since Luffy was trying to capture him, rather than kill him.

I'll make a profile for Hody Jones now.

I'll use the current 7-C rating unless everyone is okay with either of the suggestions in the OP.

I am personally fine with scaling from Jinbe.

Okay, then should Zoro and Sanji be downgraded to "At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C" since they shouldn't even be scaling to Luffy post time-skip? They can only scale to a Pacifista that they one-shot.

Well, I do not think that it makes sense for them to be so much weaker than Luffy.

Even so, we don't scale to Luffy for the recent arcs. Perhaps leaving them as "Unknown" would be best since the Town level scaling comes from power-scaling to Luffy when we've all come to the conclusion that we should not do this for post time-skip.

I seriously don't think Hody Jones should be on the Tier High 6-C. Luffy defeated the dude with a Gear 3 attack, while Doflamingo took on Gear 4 attacks.

If Hody Jones is High 6-C, then Doflamingo should at least be 6-B

That is true. Perhaps I should delete the profile?

I'm not okay with scaling to Jinbei as well. That wasn't a proper fight at all and the "damage" he took was superficial.

If calcs members give the green light for the calc you made, I'm fine with that, but I'm not fine with downgrading Zoro and Sanji.

@Zack - that's not how it works at all. Luffy in base during Dressrosa is High 6-C for being able to hurt Doflamingo. If we're somehow going to suggest Luffy to be around Jinbe's level in Fishman Island arc, then Hody Jones being tier 7 while taking hits from a tier 6 character is impossible.

@Scarlet - i fail to see why people have problems with downgrading Zoro and Sanji. they are tier 7-C for scaling to Luffy, when we've already flat out stated that scaling them to Luffy in the current arcs is invalid. They one-shot a Pacifista and have nothing else to scale to. A downgrade is necessary.

Luffy tanked a hit from Jinbe... it's not like he threw the kick and that was the skirmish. Also, harming a character of a higher tier is enough to suggest that they are not far apart in power. (in this case... Low 7-B and High 6-C is a 100000 times difference. Luffy wouldn't even be capable of harming Jinbe if we gave him an entire life-time).

@Ant - deleting the profile is unnecessary. Editing the tier is all that would need to be done.

Well, Sanji severely damaged base Luffy in the current Big Mom storyarc. It wouldn't make sense for him to be able to do so, if he is only 7-C.

Yes he tanked a hit from someone who's not trying at all to kill him,meaning he was holding back to an unquantifiable amount, meaning you can't use that for scaling, especially since base Luffy should not be around Jinbei's level.

Scaling to Jinbei would also mess up the scaling for Zoro and Sanji. Luffy being 6-C while them being 7-C doesn't make sense at all. Leaving them as unknown is just a lazy remedy to this situation since they should be around Gear2 Luffy at least.

Well, maybe we should nostly leave the One Piece statistics as they are then, with the exception of scaling Hody downwards?

Then what about 7-A compared to High 6-C? That's still a vast gap regardless. And we're not supposed to be directly scaling Zoro and Sanji to Luffy for Fishman Island if we're refusing to do so for Punk Hazard and Dressrosa.

I'm actually under the impression that people seem to believe Base Luffy in Dressrosa isn't High 6-C, when he is.

Well, we cannot take guesswork values out of nowhere.

If the statistics are left as they are, wouldn't that be wrong since Luffy already has a High 7-C to Low 7-B feat and Zoro/Sanji aren't allowed to scale to Luffy?

^ Like I said, Zoro and Sanji need to be downgraded to scale to a Pacifista regardless of what we do, and the calculation needs to be looked at anyways.

Okay. You can message some calc group members for help with evaluations, if you wish.

Back