• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We currently have all of these characters listed as Large Building level scaling to a fodder that Zoro one-shot, but after looking back at the earliest arcs--all the way back to the Buggy arc, there is a feat that caught my eye.

The Buggy Special Canon ball was a weapon that Buggy presented very early on. He was intent on using it on Luffy. This was the fire-power of the weapon when Buggy demonstrated it. He pretty much wiped out a large portion of the town.

I did a very quick calculation of the blast yield here.

Here's the kicker--Zoro flipped the canon and fired at Buggy, who tanked the blast and was perfectly fine.

If the characters are affected and upgraded to Small Town level+ for East Blue and proceeding arcs, I believe that fusing all pre time-skip arcs for Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji is necessary.

I think buggy dodged it cuz someone yelled duck. I'm not saying buggy didn't tank some of the attack but are you sure he got hit by the buggy special canon ball directly?

Look like outlier to me,that doesnt make any sense that Buggy's Durability=Rob Lucci\Moriah etc

Well, if Buggy truly tanked the shot, and the calculation is accepted, I suppose that this seems reasonable. However, it would cause problems with scaling other stronger characters.

Buggy being listed as the same tier as Rob Lucci does not suggest that he is as strong as him. It makes less sense for a High 8-C attack from Buggy to harm the Minotaur that Luffy struggled to deal with while using Gear 2nd.

There may be a feat that has been overlooked in some of the pre time-skip arcs that could result in a higher tier.

It would be preferable if you could fid it. What tier did that Luffy feat from the battle with Enel result in?

Luffy's feat from knocking the bell over was Small Town level--over 1.4 kilotons of force iirc. Since Luffy applied the feat, Lucci scales to it for fighting and beating a later version of him.

@PaChi - being a "gag" character doesn't take away from him actually having feats, especially when he was treated as an actual threat for Luffy at the time.

Well, maybe we could use that feat in combination then?

@Ant - a feat i'm curious about is Franky using Coup de Vent to destroy and knock down these two massive steel cranes, though I don't know how exactly to calculate this.

@Cin That feat in the very first arc of the series goes well beyond anything shown until much later. We dont scale Mr Satan to Cell, so scaling Buggy to the Canon seems illogical.

Well, you can ask the calc group about it.

@Ant - by combination, do you mean including it with Luffy's AP while stating that he could harm Buggy?

I mean to use the Buggy and Enel feat to scale from at different times in the pre-timeskip story.

Luffy being Small Town level at the start of the series seems inconsistent as he later struggled with characters which showed far less.

@PaChi - Using a character's personality and way he is treated in the plot to suggest that his feats are not canon is ridiculous. The feats during early Grand Line arcs have been consistently higher end tier 8 to low end tier 7 (the ones that have been calculated at least), so suggesting that we have not seen something of this magnitude until "much later" is strange.

@Dark - while I can see how that is a logical argument, there have been such cases in most of fiction. Though that would de-rail the topic. The thing is that Large Building Level isn't even supported on their pages, but then we have this feat from Buggy and his weapon.

Even if we disregarded how Buggy tanked the explosion, The blast from the canon sent the canon-ball flying right through a city block before it even detonated, and when the canon ball was fired at luffy, he took the impact, and bounced it back. Either way, I don't see Large Building level being supported, even if the Small Town level explosion isn't accepted. Luffy is displayed as higher than what he is listed by this mini-arc alone.

I think Large Building is reasonable for a starting tier for them, remember that there are several moments of inconsistency in the series, like Shanks getting attacked by a crocodile, which start of the series Luffy oneshotted.

CinCameron20 said:
But why is Large Building a reasonable starting tier when it isn't supported?
Regard this as roshi's moon feat. Too early for it.

I suppose that Dark649 is correct in that this would screw up the later scaling too much.

@Ryop - Just because they are mountains does not mean that Franky tanking the explosion is mountain level. The size of the mountain and explosion are both undefined, making it impossible to scale--especially with very little to go on in terms of finding the size via px scaling.

@Dark - But Luffy has the feat of absorbing the impact of the canon-ball when an identical one blasted through and destroyed a city block.

CinCameron20 said:
@Ryop - Just because they are mountains does not mean that Franky tanking the explosion is mountain level. The size of the mountain and explosion are both undefined, making it impossible to scale--especially with very little to go on in terms of finding the size via px scaling.
@Dark - But Luffy has the feat of absorbing the impact of the canon-ball when an identical one blasted through and destroyed a city block.
You can clac this explosion AP i think,that not the first time i see here explosion calc

This is the start of the series where the powerscaling, concrete feats and the nature of the verse were yet to define (Ex: Shanks and etc), so it is better to not consider them.

Dark649 said:
I think Large Building is reasonable for a starting tier for them, remember that there are several moments of inconsistency in the series, like Shanks getting attacked by a crocodile, which start of the series Luffy oneshotted.

And what are the other inconsistencies that your referring to?

Dark649 said:
This is the start of the series where the powerscaling, concrete feats and the nature of the verse were yet to define (Ex: Shanks and etc), so it is better to not consider them.

I wouldn't use Shanks losing his arm since that was a way to strengthen the plot of the story.

@Ryop - that was considered PIS and an Outlier for Pell surviving that explosion, but if we actually accept a Small Town feat in East Blue, then Luffy being scaled to High 7-C wouldn't be outrageous (Nico Robin, who is weaker than Crocodile easily defeated Pell in combat), and it could support the ~Low 7-B feat from Luffy kicking Hody Jones into a cliff-side that I calculated.

But that's up to the staff to discuss this as I can understand the argument towards inconsistency within these arcs.

Back