• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Unfortunately the standards of the wiki appear to be minuscule when it comes to this topic's evidence.
And I'm not here to downgrade any of those series, just to improve on mine.

Thanks Mitch for giving me the motivation to make this.

The topic of Doriki is back and frankly I genuinely want this back in the scaling since it's only disagreed with because of weird flimsy reasons.

1. The Mechanics of Doriki​

Doriki is measured by taking the attacks of others and comparing it to the strength of an armed marine soldier. It strictly measures physical ability, or rather physical strength.
If a soldier is 10, then you're _____. That's very simple.

It is based purely off of striking strength force. A punch is a 4, and another punch is an 8, the other punch is 2x higher. That's how it should be.

2. Feat Supports​

Doriki is completely consistent.

Nami says she's no match for Kumadori (810), but she could fight Kalifa (630).
Kumadori (810) stomped Chopper very casually, who badly hurt Fukurou with a punch (800).
Lucci's (4000) Tekkai completely stonewalls Franky's punch who could break through Fukurou's (800), then says that his Doriki is 5x Fukurou's.
Lucci (4000) with a regular punch can match punches with Luffy, who could casually overpower Blueno (820) and go toe to toe with his Rokushiki amped techniques.

3. Antifeats​

Actually none at all.

Conclusion​

The point of "My doriki is 5x his" should seal the deal, as him saying that he has a power-level 5x another person without Franky knowing what Doriki is says a lot.
Doriki is a measurement of physical strength comparing it to another person.
If a person hits with a, and this other person hits with b, the strength difference between them should be b/a. Simple

Last edited:
Obvious agreement

Doriki is a pretty easy and direct comparison of raw physical strength without the use of Rokushiki

I dunno.

What about the whole "rule of three" problem we have with a similar numerical measurements on power from a... slightly more popular show? 👀

Are we saying a Marine soldier is 400x weaker than Rob Lucci, exactly? Are we upgrading fodders because of that?

What about the whole "rule of three" problem we have with a similar numerical measurements on power from a... slightly more popular show? 👀

Are we saying a Marine soldier is 400x weaker than Rob Lucci, exactly? Are we upgrading fodders because of that?
This is the problem for every linear multiplier in fiction. I'm not considering this a real argument.

This is the problem for every linear multiplier in fiction. I'm not considering this a real argument.
You can't just go,
"We'll treat it linearly just when it's convenient for our scaling",
If Lucci, who has a Doriki of 4000, is 5x stronger than a guy with 800 Doriki, then Lucci is also 400x stronger than your average Marine.

This is a pretty binary option,
it's either linear, or non-linear.

It’s linear, but remember guys, this is standard physicals, like basic punches and kicks

Rokushiki scales above this

You can't just go,
"We'll treat it linearly just when it's convenient for our scaling",
If Lucci, who has a Doriki of 4000, is 5x stronger than a guy with 800 Doriki, then Lucci is also 400x stronger than your average Marine.

This is a pretty binary option,
it's either linear, or non-linear.
so we make the average marine that strong? okay?

so we make the average marine that strong? okay?
Sure? I just asked if that was a problem?

The way you replied at first sounds like you particularly didn't want to upgrade the average Marine to that level. Either way, now that the rule of three has no notable problems (seemingly) or contradictions, I agree with this.

Sure? I just asked if that was a problem?

The way you replied at first sounds like you particularly didn't want to upgrade the average Marine to that level. Either way, now that the rule of three has no notable problems (seemingly) or contradictions, I agree with this.
because we all know that no one is gonna accept multi-city block marines

Wouldn't that also upgrade the BoS characters because they kinda stomps generic ass marine??

But that is for a later CRT

They said fishmen were 10x the average human and rokushiki users are 100x. I'm not putting every issue we have on doriki
Yeah, but it's clear Oda is terrible at basic math for us to use shit like that.

I'm very unsure on this, actually.

I'mma switch to neutral for the moment.

The logic of the disagreements here is absurd, I mean it’s basic comparison of numbers and gives a clear numerical difference in power between the physical attack power of the CP9 Agents

I mean does anyone have any actual argument that suggest the numbers aren’t linear?

Last edited:
The logic of the disagreements here is absurd, I mean it’s basic comparison of math and gives a clear numerical difference in power power between the physical attack power of the CP9 Agents

I mean does anyone have any actual argument that suggest the numbers aren’t linear?
There is literally nothing against it

The linearity I agree but foot average soldier is 400x weaker is questionable although it is also possible.

Maybe Some East blue fodders are tier 9C to 9A and still does not contradict anything the likes of Luffy, Arlong can fodderise them
Maybe Some Marineford fodders are tier low 7C and still does not contradict anything Luffy who is High 7C and above still fodderise them
Maybe Some Dressrossa fodders are even stronger and still does not contradict anything

And if found the average by calculation and stuff ohh its 400x weaker than Lucci

I can accept the OP proposal.

Last edited:
The only possible problem here is about the average Marine soldier and that's debatable. Regarding CP9 internal scaling, is pretty obvious that it's correct, I agree.

The logic of the disagreements here is absurd, I mean it’s basic comparison of numbers and gives a clear numerical difference in power between the physical attack power of the CP9 Agents

No one actually disagrees with this. I'm neutral because the average Marine being a 10 (literally used as a scale by Fuku) is contradicted by 8-B+ characters fodderizing them. Although we can just upgrade the 8-B+, which leads me to ask.

How far into 8-A is that anyway?

Doriki, better power levels because they aren't exponential and then linear all of a sudden.

I agree FRA.

Random question: what do you think the Doriki of Yonko would be?

Doriki, better power levels because they aren't exponential and then linear all of a sudden.

I agree FRA.

Random question: what do you think the Doriki of Yonko would be?
Wouldn't a Yonko kill Kumadori measuring their Doriki?.

EDIT: I mean Fukurou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back