• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Water Seven

DragonEmperor23 said:
8-A brackets whe
When revision is done so, I guess. Basically first key Toriko is 515.43 tons, higher via combination (Unknown AP), the 7-C part would have to be restricted, while Arabasta Luffy is 516.3 Tons, higher with Storm attack (650 tons).

I definetely have to read Toriko to understand what he is about during his first key as his page doesn't separate his powers and abilities into different keys or I am just to assume he have all of that abilities from the very beginning...

KobsterHope07 said:
I definetely have to read Toriko to understand what he is about during his first key as his page doesn't separate his powers and abilities into different keys or I am just to assume he have all of that skills from the very beginning...
No, Toriko gets new abilties over the course of the series.

SuperKamiNappa said:
No, Toriko gets new abilties over the course of the series.
Then his page should reflect that, but it isn't at the moment. I am clueless about Toriko as a whole beside watching that one crossover with DBZxOne PiecexToriko.

I liked some fights like that with the dude who can take your spine with punches against the guy with like 1000 bones. It was so fun to read that I'm surprised I didn't continued the manga.

Purely my headcanon on the whole Birdcage but I seen many people argue that the birdcage is an asspull and is super op because not even fujitora, a marine admiral could break it. But to me, the truth is, as Fujitora himself says at the end of the arc, his honour and responsibility as an agent of the world governments prevented him from taking any action. In Fujitora's mind, if he did destroy the birdcage, and defeat doflamingo, he would be praised as the hero of the country by the marines and government alike. But Fujitora finds this hypocritical as he and by extension the government have allowed this tyranny to happen and they should not cover up the truth and let it be known that the government made a mistake. If Fujitora did destroy the birdcage, the government would not consider to remove the warlord system, which would allow such tragedies to happen elsewhere, which is what Fujitora wanted to prevent. Of course Fujitora still helped because he wanted to protect the civilians as well, but not completely destroying the birdcage. All of which would eventually lead to Fujitora in Revere planing to end the Shichibukai system once and for all, since have more evidence of its flaws.

The birdcage is criticised as a plot device. I am not here to argue if it was it was not, although I would say that the word plot device means nothing because everything is in essence a plot device or an instrument to further the plot. I simply wanted to address the misconception of the birdcage being unbreakable. Could Oda have done a better job in presenting and clearly stating the birdcages extent? Of course he could! You could argue that the birdcage was there to lengthen he arc and up the drama. Point still stands that it is not too op.

I think the dumbest criticism i've heard is when someone says Dressrosa is an Alabasta clone ( which yeah there are similarities but that's underselling the arc)

It's kind of funny. There's a Youtuber who never watched not read One Piece two years ago because of plenty reasons. Then he started because he made a deal with a company that sells the edition in his country, gifting 10 volumes per month if he makes videos about the manga (ofc he didn't make a long ad luckily).

His reviews were great. Part of the spanish community was waiting every month for the new video.

People kept saying to him things like Enies Lobby is the best and Dressrosa is the worst. So he was so hyped for the former but scared of having too high expectations and even then Enies Lobby surprisedcon for good. And when the time to review Dressrosa came he statedthat for plenty le reasons is his favourite arc so far. It's funny because many spanish youtubers like Dressrosa because it's based on Spain but he doesn't. He don't give a damn about it. He liked Fujitora, Doflamingo, Law, the Tontatta. It was the first time he laughed with One Piece with God Usopp.

Dressrosa if not the best is one of the best. IMHO I still think Crocodile is more effective but Doffy is far more relatable and remarkable.

I was so hyped to read the part where Usopp had haki and i was in tears when i found out how he beats Sugar (twice lol)

Edit: im currently on Dressrosa about to finish soon and so far it's been amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2lIANlUNo -

Another amazing video analysis by Nux Taku on one of the greatest fight in One Piece; Monkey Boi...no, Monkey Man vs Donut Man. And it is also confirmed as well, Rayleigh flashblacks is the Hashirama cells of One Piece. Which is probably why Kaido took down Luffy very, very quickly. If Luffy had gotten that Rayleigh flashback then, Kaido will be in big trouble.

I can't beliebe that people ACTUALLY think that OP characters aren't even bullet timers because of the obvious PIS/outlier "Antifeat" of Luffy being unable to catch up to Gazelleman

Well unfortunately low ends exist for every series

Like those people who believe in Sub bullet level Goku

^ yes after that brilliant suggestion I'm gonna name all my OP discussion threads after arcs in order

Back