• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Databook Upgrades (A good amount)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also iffy that simply parrying attacks isn't always enough to be attack reflection unless they do it with style to redirect the attacks back at the enemies or something. Reactive Evolution was corrected that Reactive Power Level is more accurate. And Death Manipulation is rejected, but I think the rest are fine.

Although, it looks like a lot of the stuff used Google Translate or something which it is preferable to have human translators. Shiro and Sera have both left the wiki sadly, but @ChocomilkAlex appears to be the best candidate on the list left.

Also, simple question, is Monet feat going to be accepted? Cuz I disagree with it, thats not death manip, its just freezing someone to death, its like saying that I have death manip cuz I can stabb someone to death
Death Manipulation for Monet hasn't been accepted.

Most of the statements from the Vivre Book are fine, I just think that some of them need the context to be evaluated such as Oven's statement which I find questionable.

I'm also iffy that simply parrying attacks isn't always enough to be attack reflection unless they do it with style to redirect the attacks back at the enemies or something. Reactive Evolution was corrected that Reactive Power Level is more accurate. And Death Manipulation is rejected, but I think the rest are fine.
Reactive power level would be much more accurate, yes.
Although, it looks like a lot of the stuff used Google Translate or something which it is preferable to have human translators. Shiro and Sera have both left the wiki sadly, but @ChocomilkAlex appears to be the best candidate on the list left.
Well, maybe @Qliphoth_Bacikal would be willing to help?

1. Vivre card is 100% reliable. It explicitly covers what Oda doesn’t have time for in the manga. Saying the vivre cards aren’t reliable is like saying the manga isn’t reliable....

2. Every time Zoro uses the Shishi Sonson he blitzes the opponent. The manga has clearly shown Zoro amps his speed with some of his attacks regardless of the validity of the statement the manga backs it up 100%
See actually consise and too the point arguments thats all I needed for that

Is somebody willing to change reactive evolution to reactive power level in the relevant profile pages?

I'm also iffy that simply parrying attacks isn't always enough to be attack reflection unless they do it with style to redirect the attacks back at the enemies or something.
0561-009.png
0561-010.png

He reflects Buggy's attack back at him, and the bomb he reflected is supposed to explode on contact, which it didn't when it was reflected.
This.
If it seems too controversial, I have no issue with them being retranslated, but I was assuming that it's alright because the message of them was clear enough in the translated version (basically, Idk if someone else would translate it and get completely different phrases and such).

Last edited:
I just think that some of them need the context to be evaluated such as Oven's statement which I find questionable.
Yeah I won't add it in this thread because it fits in scaling, but here's how I take it.

Katakuri with no Haki and no Devil Fruit is physically weaker than Oven.
Oda usually uses pictures to emphasize his point, and since we don't have an inverse feat of Oven showing superiority to Katakuri, he used his best durability feat.

The scaling will be emphasized in our Post Timeskip thread, but the sandbox in the OP was full of anything that could affect the ratings.

Well, I'm unsure about DeepL, I'd still prefer a human translator as opposed a computer generated one.

But Attack Reflection looks solid after looking at the scan.

I meant, are there any raw scans that you need Qliphoth to translate? If so, you should link to them.

Finally got around to do this. Here goes.

Zoro:

-Shishi Sonson (獅子歌歌 - Lion's Song):

1) A technique of Zoro's that specializes in cutting down others, with its cutting ability allowing him to cut even through iron (鉄). Because it is called "Iai", his swordsmanship is lightning fast (電光石火). One will be unable to see the flash of his katana, let alone the whole thing.

2) A special type of Iai where he places all of his strength into one sword and unleashes it. By sensing his opponent's "breath", he can determine the speed, power, and angle of where he should cut at, drawing his sword at great speeds (神速) to cut through iron (鉄)!!

-Reactive Power:

Zoro's style is to use his three swords to knock down enemies that stand in his way and proceed onwards ahead! Zoro was once defeated when he challenged "Hawk-Eye" Mihawk, and has since then vowed to never lose to the swordsmen again, gaining new power (強さ) every time he defeated a strong enemy, believing this is the only way to reach the "World's Strongest".

-Information Analysis:

Although Zoro often fights alone, he has developed combination attacks many times with his friends and due to his superior abilities as a fighter, he is able to quickly analyze the strengths of his friends and enemies to create effective coordination!!

Mihawk:

-Attack Reflection(?):

He can create immense destructive power with just a single swing of the large sword on his back. On the other hand, he skillfully uses both "hard and soft" swordsmanship such as parrying his opponent's attacks.

-Yoru's "unparalleled hardness":

Mihawk's favorite sword, one of the "Twelve Supreme Graded Swords". It is a black blade of unparalleled (比類なき) hardness.

Haki:

1) By directing one's Haki (覇気) all around them, one can grasp the number and location of those around them that are out of sight. With increased skill and accuracy, one can even see how powerful their opponent is.

2) Busoshoku (武装色) is Haki that strengthens one's offense and defense like armor. With it, it can defend them against a Devil Fruit users (悪魔の実) attacks while also allowing them to potentially strike back!

3) The basic application of Haki is to protect oneself from enemy attacks by spreading the Haki all over the body. This can enable them to block physical attacks from weapons as well as those from Devil Fruits!!

Jozu:

To suplex a giant block of ice!! His instantaneous power and arm strength are top class.

Kizaru/Borsalino (?):

With an effective ability over movement and evasion, only a skilled Haki user can stop someone in a single move.

Shanks:

One of the "Four Emperors" who rule over the New World. Once an apprentice of the Roger Pirates, he later fought against "Hawk-Eyes" and eventually grew to be an equal to "Whitebeard", creating countless legends of the sea as "Red-hair". But despite his fame, there were no other pirates who embodies freedom like him. If we were to define the "Pirate King" as "the freest man on the seas", Shanks would be the closest thing to that title.

Chinjao:

A legendary pirate who once crossed with Roger and Garp. He was once feared as "Chinjao the Drill" (錐のチンジャオ) due to his powerful head in which he draws out his Hasshoken "Kiryu Kirikugi" (八衝拳 "錐龍錐釘"). He retired from the Pirate Business after Garp shattered his head 30 years ago, putting all of his attention into training his successor. He confirmed his successor in his grandson Sai after the battle with the Donquixote Pirates in Dressrosa, acknowledging his true strength and having him inherit Hasshoken and the full might of his army.

Cracker:

[Famed Sword Pretzel]

A long sword with excellent cutting ability. By cladding his sword with his Haki, he can harm and wound Luffy's arm which was strengthened further by Busoshoku Haki.

Oven:

[Robust Body (頑強な肉体)]

As shown by immediately standing up after being run over by Bege's ship, the robustness of his body inherited by Big Mom is the best among his siblings.

Weevil:

A member of the "Seven Warlords of the Sea" who claims to be the biological son of Edward Newgate, former "Four Emporer" Whitebeard. He acts by his emotions but obediently follows the suggestions of his mother, Bakkin. His blood ties to Whitebeard are unknown but the power of his naginata, which he wields with his abnormally developed arms, is similar to Whitebeard's prior to his illness, boasting overwhelming strength that even Admiral Kizaru (大将・黄猿) takes notice of.

Last edited:
Finally got around to do this. Here goes.

Zoro:

-Shishi Sonson:

1) A technique of Zoro's that specializes in cutting down others, with its cutting ability allowing him to cut even through iron (鉄). Because it is called "Iai", his swordsmanship is lightning fast (電光石火). One will be unable to see the flash of his katana, let alone the whole thing.

2) A special type of Iai where he places all of his strength into one sword and unleashes it. By sensing his opponent's "breath", he can determine the speed, power, and angle of where he should cut at, drawing his sword at great speeds (神速) to cut through iron (鉄)!!

-Reactive Power:

Zorro's style is to use his three swords to knock down enemies that stand in his way and proceed onwards ahead! Zorro was once defeated when he challenged "Hawk-Eye" Mihawk, and has since then vowed to never lose to the swordsmen again, gaining new power (強さ) every time he defeated a strong enemy, believing this is the only way to reach the "World's Strongest".

-Information Analysis:

Although Zoro often fights alone, he has developed combination attacks many times with his friends and due to his superior abilities as a fighter, he is able to quickly analyze the strengths of his friends and enemies to create effective coordination!!

Mihawk:

-Attack Reflection(?):

Can create immense destructive power with just a single swing of the large sword on his back. On the other hand, he skillfully uses both "hard and soft" swordsmanship such as parrying his opponent's attacks.

-Yoru's "unparalleled hardness":

Mihawk's favorite sword, one of the "Twelve Supreme Graded Swords". It is a black blade of unparalleled (比類なき) hardness.

Haki:

1) By directing one's Haki (覇気) all around them, one can grasp the number and location of those around them that are out of sight. With increased skill and accuracy, one can even see how powerful their opponent is.

2) Busoshoku (武装色) is Haki that strengthens one's offense and defense like armor. With it, it can defend them against a Devil Fruit users (悪魔の実) attacks while also allowing them to potentially attack back!

3) The basic application of Haki is to protect oneself from enemy attacks by spreading the Haki all over the body. This can enable them to block physical attacks from weapons as well as those from Devil Fruits!!

Jozu:

To suplex a giant block of ice!! His instantaneous power and arm strength are top class.

Kizaru/Borsalino (?):

With an effective ability over movement and evasion, only a skilled Haki user can stop someone in a single move.

Shanks:

One of the "Four Emperors" who rule over the New World. Once an apprentice of the Roger Pirates, he later fought against "Hawk-Eyes" and eventually grew to be an equal to "Whitebeard", creating countless legends of the sea as "Red-hair". But despite his fame, there were no other pirates who embodies freedom like him. If we were to define the "Pirate King" as "the freest man on the seas", Shanks would be the closest thing to that title.

Chinjao:

A legendary pirate who once crossed with Roger and Garp. He was once feared as "Chinjao the Drill" (錐のチンジャオ) due to his powerful head in which he draws out his Hasshoken "Kiryu Kirikugi" (八衝拳 "錐龍錐釘"). He retired from the Pirate Business after Garp shattered his head 30 years ago, putting all of his attention into training his successor. He confirmed his successor in his grandson Sai after the battle with the Donquixote Pirates in Dressrosa, acknowledging his true strength and having him inherit Hasshoken and the full might of his army.

Cracker:

[Famed Sword Pretzel]

A long sword with excellent cutting ability. By cladding his sword with his Haki, he can harm and wound Luffy's arm which was strengthened further by Busoshoku Haki.

Oven:

[Robust Body (頑強な肉体)]

As shown by immediately standing up after being run over by Bege's ship, the robustness of his body inherited by Big Mom is the best among his siblings.

Weevil:

A member of the "Seven Warlords of the Sea" who claims to be the biological son of Edward Newgate, former "Four Emporer" Whitebeard. He acts by his emotions but obediently follows the suggestions of his mother, Bakkin. His blood ties to Whitebeard are unknown but the power of his naginata, which he wields with his abnormally developed arms, is similar to Whitebeard's prior to his illness, boasting overwhelming strength that even Admiral Kizaru (大将・黄猿) takes notice of.
I definitely owe you one for this. Thanks so much!

Btw to the OP here, on the scans of the users who have Haki, you put Haoshoku (覇王色) instead of Kenbunshoku (見聞色) for the CP9 users that have it.

You might want to correct that cuz the former is used for Conquerors Haki.

And not a problem.

Last edited:
Btw to the OP here, on the scans of the users who have Haki, you put Haoshoku (覇王色) instead of Kenbunshoku (見聞色) for the CP9 users that have it.

You might want to correct that cuz the former is used for Conquerors Haki.
Thanks for that! I messed up on it.

So the translations are extremely similar, what I see that's different is that Oven's Body is the most durable instead of all physicals in general.

Regardless, we really appreciate the help!

I guess? It would make sense in the context of being tanky enough after being run over. 頑強 meanings have "sturdy", "strong", "hardy", and "robust" to it though, but in this context, it probably means he's just the tankiest among his siblings.

And again, not a problem.

Makes sense. I had a feeling it was something more along those lines.

Thank you very much for helping out Qliphoth.

So what should be changed based on the translations? Which suggested revisions should be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back