• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1126 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said "might."

The theory is based on the assumption that the king of the giants is significantly stronger than, say, Dorry and Brogy.
I thought you were saying other people like from twitter are saying he’ll most likely be yonko lvl

Is he the strongest giant? Because I think if I remember correctly he’s the strongest in his kingdom which would be more something like the strongest of the marines or revolutionary, I don’t think he’s the strongest giant race… dorry and brogy are pirates if I remember correctly and not apart of his empire?

Two: Again, Barto is a huge douchebag, he deserves to get beat up/killed.
Nah, that guy had it coming. He treated Luffy as unimpressive, made fun of him for not being able to save his brother from being ACTIVELY EXECUTED, then said he could do it easily. If he was really as strong as he said he was, Barto couldn't have gotten him.

Man was in the New World, part of a gladatorial competition, and publicly mocking another contestant. That's just asking to get cut.

Nah, that guy had it coming. He treated Luffy as unimpressive, made fun of him for not being able to save his brother from being ACTIVELY EXECUTED, then said he could do it easily. If he was really as strong as he said he was, Barto couldn't have gotten him.

Man was in the New World, part of a gladatorial competition, and publicly mocking another contestant. That's just asking to get cut.
Yeah, I guess that's true.

To be fair Bartolomeo is a scumbag beyond belief, his introduction was literally explaining how crooked and ruthless he can be, so I don't exactly blame Yasopp for wanting to take him down especially since:
One: Barto was mocking them and calling them soft, which could hurt their reputation a bit, on top of him burning their flag before.
Wasn't Bartolomew a mafioso/gangster before becoming a pirate?

Maybe Yassop sensed him mocking Shanks on the way out with his long-range observation haki

To be fair Bartolomeo is a scumbag beyond belief, his introduction was literally explaining how crooked and ruthless he can be, so I don't exactly blame Yasopp for wanting to take him down especially since:
One: Barto was mocking them and calling them soft, which could hurt their reputation a bit, on top of him burning their flag before.
Eeeww. I did not remember that. That is huge douchebag behaviour, yes. 😧

Bartolomeo is a quite strong asset for the Straw Hats though. Even without using his force shields he casually beat up a vice admiral even back during his introduction story, when he should have been considerably weaker than currently, and vice admirals are currently 500 million bounties.

Beaten up maybe, but not to have his tongue cut out. 🤨

Beaten up maybe, but not to have his tongue cut out. 🤨
I mean, they were gladiators in an arena where people are using swords, Devil Fruits, Haki, and 2 different martial arts that both send shockwaves into someone's organs. One of the guys there is 72 feet tall and wearing these gigantic metal vambraces. The dude signed up to die.

I believe it was a VA, it was Maynard iirc.
Though the VAs are notoriously kind of weak outside of a select few (Smoker for example, Garp for another example though he's an outlier because he was offered an Admiral position a lot and just refused every time).

I'd put Maynard as the weakest VA ever if it weren't for the fact that Barto's barriers are so ridiculously sturdy that even Oden couldn't get past them. That fact is the only thing that saves him from looking like a buffoon.

I believe it was a VA, it was Maynard iirc.
Though the VAs are notoriously kind of weak outside of a select few (Smoker for example, Garp for another example though he's an outlier because he was offered an Admiral position a lot and just refused every time).
There have canonically been like 16(18 if you count Saul and Bluegrass) above-average Vice Admirals EVER, and that's counting guys who got promoted.

I'd put Maynard as the weakest VA ever if it weren't for the fact that Barto's barriers are so ridiculously sturdy that even Oden couldn't get past them. That fact is the only thing that saves him from looking like a buffoon.
Which brings up the issue that Shanks was likely strong enough to break Bartolomeo's barriers in order to beat him up...

Which brings up the issue that Shanks was likely strong enough to break Bartolomeo's barriers in order to beat him up...
It's possible he saw him about to put one up with Future Sight (since he could see Kidd shoot every ship in his fleet besides his own using FS) and blitzed him before he could put it up. He's definitely fast enough to hit Barto before he can put his hands up to form a barrier, so it'd make sense.

I personally think he just negated his abilities with overpowering haki

Either he used arm haki or con haki, both can "negate" the barrier, especially when shanks has the current best haki feats and should have much more knowledge on it then anyone else like for example law
1063-010.png
004-1.jpg

ドクQの能力で女性化。その美貌に夢中な船員達をよそに、圧倒的な覇気で"病"を解いた。
Doc Q's ability transformed him into a woman. He uses his overwhelming haki to break the “disease,” despite the crew's infatuation with his good looks.
Shanks definitely can attack before Barto does his barriers but at the same time I can't see shanks doing that, he would only do that if the attack/ability would actually hurt someone I believe

wtf...? 🙉
1125-002.png

The amount of information on 1125 is lowkey insane tho

Last edited:
Yeah, right, Lucci, show us a body or we ain't believing it.
Yee but also it's literally Lucci and kaku is angry as well

But at the same time.. She is a huge secret so I think as some sort of vampire she can revive herself somehow or something, especially when she's supposed to be insanely old I think

It seems uncharacteristic of Oda to just throw away an interesting new character with a history and devil fruit ability to be revealed almost immediately by killing them off, so Lucci may have lied to save face or because Kaku managed to convince him to do so. 🙏

I don't care if Bartolomeo is an evil, horrible bad guy & he might be intended as a sacrifice to show the ruthlessness of Shanks & company! I really hope he'll be alive!

(Though, I think that the tragedy is, I doubt Luffy will care whether or not Bartolomeo lives or not.)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Bartholomew Kuma is alive & well, seemingly, since he's getting to see the sea's horizon on a ship with Bonney....

But Bartolomeo might be dead.

So did we really just trade one Bart for another?

I think if Barto actually died it would been stated, but it said that their status is unknown

Either he tanked it/barely survived or was able to use his barrier in time
But he was shot at by Yassop, a skilled marksman/sniper, right?

If, when the smoke clears, there's any trace of Bartolomeo left, Yassop would & could just shoot again, right?

Plus, if the ship at sea gets destroyed, wouldn't the sea water negate Bartolomeo's powers? Can his barriers exist in contact with sea water, like some kind of raft?

If, when the smoke clears, there's any trace of Bartolomeo left, Yassop would & could just shoot again, right?
No because he's not trying to kill him, just teach him a lesson and show others what would happen if you were to endanger the place... Especially because if they didn't, others would think they are able to get away with their evil acts on the island (Basically their reputation would go down and endanger the people on the island)
1126-004.png

Plus, if the ship at sea gets destroyed, wouldn't the sea water negate Bartolomeo's powers? Can his barriers exist in contact with sea water, like some kind of raft?
that would be very cool and funny lol, but I guess the ship did sink, so either one of his crew helps him or he uses his barrier in a unique way

No because he's not trying to kill him, just teach him a lesson and show others what would happen if you were to endanger the place... Especially because if they didn't, others would think they are able to get away with their evil acts on the island (Basically their reputation would go down and endanger the people on the island)
1126-004.png
But word of the death of someone like Bartolomeo would spread, no? I guess if he were going about in a wreck, his ship & crew basically annihilated, that could draw attention, too, & word MIGHT travel easier if he can literally travel himself?
& if you want to make an example of what kind of person you don't allow, isn't the classic method of making an example to execute them?
& doesn't letting Bartolomeo survive & run away defeat that purpose?

Admittedly, MAYBE they're counting on Bart to spread word that Shanks is good friends with Luffy & if you mess with them, you mess with the Straw Hat fleet, too?
that would be very cool and funny lol, but I guess the ship did sink, so either one of his crew helps him or he uses his barrier in a unique way
Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back