• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Black Hole Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have several statements of Blackbeard's darkness being able to swallow light, that seems pretty blatant to me and I don't see how exactly we can just say "nope" to that. Like yeah, it doesn't wholly function like a black hole, but that property is verbatim stated to be much like one.

My stance remains the same. And also, there's discussion going on still as far as I'm aware, so there's no need to rush a closure of the thread.
Clover no one is taking issue with his gravity being capable of swallowing light 😭

The density scan isn't anything new though. The page it's from is in the first few lines of your calc.
Yeah but I never actually spoke about it

They kept saying "Blackbeard could just directly manipulate gravity to absorb light instead of creating mass dense enough to absorb light"

But he sent a scan saying how he has mass dense enough to absorb light

Ngl that density scan just cut out a lot of arguments
Not inherently. Density intrinsically refers to the compactness of a substance. The substance in question being darkness. Meaning the statement is "the high compactness of the darkness can attract in light", which is not the same as "it contains a mass density on par with a Black Hole, giving it insane mass".

If you acknowledge this, where's the point of contention?

Especially with the density thing That_moron just brought up
There's the entire posts from DT, Damage, Deceived, and I that explain our contentions 😭 you've been reading the thread right? Idk why people are bringing up it absorbing light like it's a divine revelation we all didn't already know.

There's the entire posts from DT, Damage, Deceived, and I that explain our contentions 😭 you've been reading the thread right? Idk why people are bringing up it absorbing light like it's a divine revelation we all didn't already know.
Sounds like a whole lotta nothing to me

I have, but nothing from the opposition has been convincing at all. Also I feel that maybe the main points of contention got a bit lost amidst all the different discussions that seem to be happening all at once.

Not inherently. Density intrinsically refers to the compactness of a substance. The substance in question being darkness. Meaning the statement is "the high compactness of the darkness can attract in light", which is not the same as "it contains a mass density on par with a Black Hole, giving it insane mass".
what

Can someone grab the RAW's of the statement that @That_moron2 posted because both translations don't correlate with each other.

In the official Viz translation, it does bring up it having high enough density to absorb even light:

0441-011.png

But in the unofficial translation for the colored manga it states it's just a "force" that sucks up everything, even light:

0441-006.png

Ngl idk how everyone else feels about this but maybe a summary of the arguments for and against using this could be summarized into one post. That way there's something to link back to for anyone wondering what the arguments are

Can someone grab the RAW's of the statement that @That_moron2 posted because both translations don't correlate with each other.

In the official Viz translation, it does bring up it having high enough density to absorb even light:

0441-011.png

But in the unofficial translation for the colored manga it states it's just a "force" that sucks up everything, even light:

0441-006.png
I do agree with finding the raws for this.
If the raws agree it's about density I think the argument of it being so dense that it absorbs light wipes out almost the entire point of the opposition

DT: Nothing says it's its density allowing it to absorb light
Blackbeard: It's dense enough to absorb light
Arc: Slurp
I really don't have the energy to explain to you the difference between the broad term "density" and the phrase "mass density" Tempest. If you'd like you can open a book and read about it. Or you can keep calling me a DT meat muncher, whatever floats your boat.

I really don't have the energy to explain to you the difference between the broad term "density" and the phrase "mass density" Tempest. If you'd like you can open a book and read about it. Or you can keep calling me a DT meat muncher, whatever floats your boat.
"it's so compact that it absorbs light"

that literally makes absolutely no sense for something that doesn't have mass

Force and weight mean similar things in writing, I'd add. For example "an enemy would be crushed by the force of the iron ball falling", is interchangeable with "an enemy would be crushed by the weight of the iron ball falling". And in physics terms you need weight for force. So either way scan still means that the darkness has mass, and density. I proved with no opposition so far that the force of it doesn't come from magic but weight.

Also no evidence exists against the black holes having mass, but evidence does exist for darkness having mass. Even a little evidence trumps none at all. Oda even described the Yami Yami no mi's sucking as being similar to a black hole. It is also the only logia that has a physical form, and if something has a physical form it has mass.

Last edited:
Damage and DT have been thoroughly debunked, Clover agrees and Migue's stance isn't clear, nor is Executor's current stance.

Bro, I don't know how many times we have to explain this. We all agree that the object has mass, the argument is against it having mass proportional with its gravitational pull.

Evidence of the darkness having mass isn't evidence for it having mass equivalent with its attraction force.

Bro, I don't know how many times we have to explain this. We all agree that the object has mass, the argument is against it having mass proportional with its gravitational pull.

Evidence of the darkness having mass isn't evidence for it having mass equivalent with its attraction force.
The evidence is that it sucks in light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back