• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: 6-B Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Kaishin

Issues with the calculation:
Flawed pixelscaling: The issue with the pixelscaling is that what's being calculated isn't the height of the Tsunami. It's just a straight line. The Tsunami is curved. This is what he is calculating X what should be done.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I did the recalc and it was accepted. I also changed the position of Marineford to a horizontal line, avoiding more perspective issues, and the wave position, to something closer to Marineford, increasing the accuracy.

Shima Yurashi

Main issue with this, is because the waves are so far away from Marineford that perspective is ******. Pixelscaling is basically useless in this cases. But we do have a way to calculate, at least, one of the tsunami, that is on the same angle as Marineford. I made a quck calc I got 1.33 Teratons, wich is Small Country level.

The 7 Teratons calculation stays for now, so it's not complete 6-B downgrade.

I need better reasoning than that it’s complete bull shit.

And I quote “The energy released when the rocks break along the fault is converted into seismic waves that radiate from the origin.”

the energy of all the tsunamis is coming from the 1 earthquake at the origin (aka wb’s attack). You don’t split an earthquake feat that makes multiple breaks ,you add them all up to find the origin energy.

You first tone down to talk to me, I don't care if you like One Piece or not, just chill and talk properly with me.

We don't need to add them together and then find a value, because everything is one Earthquake and not multiple, there are multiple tsunamis but we are calculating the Earthquake. One Earthquake = One thing being calculated. Simple as that.

And I'm not here to convince you, anyway. If you need better reasoning you go ask Ugarik about that. I'm here following the rules.

and this one earthquake is 1.33 Teratons. Unless you find a way to calc a bigger Tsunami and get a higher value, then the Earthquake will have the higher one.

The waves all come from 1 origin. Either calc it right or don’t bother.

You haven’t shown any proof from actual scientists that show the earthquakes largest value is from 1 seismic wave.

If an earthquake causes multiple seismic waves then you calculate them all to find the value of the initial quake. You don’t separate them and pick 1 outta the bunch and say that’s the value of the earthquake itself.

Another quote “Another way to measure the size of an earthquake is to compute how much energy it released. The amount of energy radiated by an earthquake is a measure of the potential for damage to man-made structures. An earthquake releases energy at many frequencies, and in order to compute an accurate value, you have to include all frequencies of shaking for the entire event.”

I don’t mean to be aggressive but when you just tell me a lie straight to my face and expect me to believe it just bc a random calc group member said it is just wrong.

multiple peer reviewed articles and scientific evidence says thats a full on lie. You don’t calculate just 1 of the tsunamis you calculate all of them.

The calc isn't finding the AP of a tsunami though. And it's not like that island-tilting feat is a typical earthquake in the first place which complicates it.

Thank you for fixing the issue with the perspective of the calc. We've wanted to get to that for a good amount of time. I'm surprised nobody did this since the original calc in 2019 by Calaca, but I digress.

As for Blackbeard's Shima Yurashi,
Main issue with this, is because the waves are so far away from Marineford that perspective is ******. Pixelscaling is basically useless in this cases.
This is the main issue with the calculation which I took in consideration when creating the calculation.

The yellow line that is next to Marineford is assumed to be the same depth as the yellow line in the background, because the few depths of the water that we see around Blackbeard's Shima Yurashi.

I assumed those who checked out the calc, evaluated it, looked at it, etc. when I originally calculated it would notice the two yellow lines.

A method I use in the majority of my calcs when working with measuring sticks is that I keep them to be the same color. I will never use the same color for more than 2 things. If I calc the height of a person in Cyan, I will use Cyan in another frame. So when I calced the depth in yellow and I used it again in the background, I'm surprised no one thought that
Why did he use yellow color twice?
But I digress.

The yellow line next to marineford is the measuring stick, and the yellow line in the background represents the same height to compare them to other tsunamis in the area. Because of the one point perspective rule, the Tsunamis behind the further yellow line would've been even larger, but since I couldn't account for the distance, I used the yellow line that's next to the orange line to scale the height of the other Tsunamis in the background.

Blackbeard's Shima Yurashi is perfectly fine.
I made a quck calc I got 1.33 Teratons, which is Small Country level.
Nice calc. If this gets blogged and accepted in the future, I'll be sure to add it to the verse page.
Except the fact that this is the wrong event. I don't know who lied to you and said it was the same.

You calculated WHITEBEARD'S Shima Yurashi, which was on chapter 563, in attempt to find a substitute for Blackbeard, when they (in no way, shape, or form) scale to each other.
BLACKBEARD'S Shima Yurashi is on chapter 579, which is signified by the words that are said on the page (Whitebeard's is the first time it happened and people are speaking, while in Blackbeard's, he's laughing), the state of the broken Marineford, the color of the water in both, etc.

I did what you intended to do, except I did it on Blackbeard's Shima Yurashi instead of Whitebeard's.

The first one got 1.226 Teratons (currently the only accepted one), and the second got 2.931 Teratons. Consistent with your downgrade.
The 7 Teratons calculation stays for now, so it's not complete 6-B downgrade.
Any criticism to the currently accepted 7 Teraton calculation so we can get it over with? I see you said in the calculation you linked in the OP that all of the calculations are wrong and that you were going to tackle them.
We have a lifting CRT and an AP CRT going on right now, so besides the fact that this is the worst time to throw in a third massive revision which complicates our future ratings for the next huge CRT, plus this downgrades dozens of characters, I'd really appreciate if you could inform us of the issues with my other calculation so we could get it over.

Look the bottom line is when finding a value for an earthquake when multiple tsunamis are formed from it. You have to take into account the other tsunamis. You can’t just scale 1 when 6+ tsunamis are formed. This is severely wrong and does not give an accurate value for the feat.

any calc’s that do this^ needs to be fixed and recalculated.

Simply because it is not possible to define the size of the other tsunamis that are far from the Marineford.

Is not possible to calculate the feat correctly
The yellow line next to marineford is the measuring stick, and the yellow line in the background represents the same height to compare them to other tsunamis in the area. Because of the one point perspective rule, the Tsunamis behind the further yellow line would've been even larger, but since I couldn't account for the distance, I used the yellow line that's next to the orange line to scale the height of the other Tsunamis in the background.

Blackbeard's Shima Yurashi is perfectly fine.

Does the method and calc change substantially due to the Earthquake causing 10 Tsunami's?

Does the method and calc change substantially due to the Earthquake causing 10 Tsunami's?
Calc changes dramatically because each Tsunami is huge, method though, idk.

A focused quake of WB's usually produces 1 Tsunami, so multiple Tsunami's like this would potentially bring a value that could work w/ it.

Reactions: Auf
People have to stop thinking a CGM is omniscient. The dude didn't even explain why

Like, for the same logic the calculation could not be recalculated because the same dude approved the blog

Last edited:
The first one got 1.226 Teratons (currently the only accepted one), and the second got 2.931 Teratons. Consistent with your downgrade.
I see what you are trying to do with the cyan line, it would be something smart if the perspective didn't **** this one too. I like your red line so it should be used rather than mine.
Any criticism to the currently accepted 7 Teraton calculation so we can get it over with? I see you said in the calculation you linked in the OP that all of the calculations are wrong and that you were going to tackle them.
Yes. The main issue (and actually the only one) is that what is being calculated is the wave after the breaking, aka when it's "falling". Is there an anime version of this? It could be useful if it shows the wave before the breaking.

You calculated WHITEBEARD'S Shima Yurashi, which was on chapter 563, in attempt to find a substitute for Blackbeard, when they (in no way, shape, or form) scale to each other.
BLACKBEARD'S Shima Yurashi is on chapter 579, which is signified by the words that are said on the page (Whitebeard's is the first time it happened and people are speaking, while in Blackbeard's, he's laughing), the state of the broken Marineford, the color of the water in both, etc.
Thanks for correcting me. The same issue still applies here though. Perspective are the same, ******. And I know a way to fix it, will do when I wake up. Try to remind me if I don't remember.

I agree with the downgrade, but this means that the yonkos would remain baseline 6-B at 7.1 teratons, while the admirals go down to Low 6-B, as well as whitebeard's last key. Can this mean that ace, jozu, and vista can fully scale to Low 6-B, instead of possibly now? It would make more sense to me. Also, I do think the all the tsunami's should be accounted for, not just one.

We need a few calc group members to decide whether the new or the old version of the calculation is more reliable.

Also, if there are still other accepted 6-B feats, the most powerful OP characters should preferably keep their current tiers.

We need a few calc group members to decide whether the new or the old version of the calculation is more reliable.

Also, if there are still other accepted 6-B feats, the most powerful OP characters should preferably keep their current tiers.
Yeah since we still have the 7.1 teratons calc still, that scales to the yonkos, mihawk, roger, garp, sengoku, shiki, other god tiers etc
The other new calcs such as Black beards which is 1.33 teratons, would scale to blackbeard, admirals, marco, whitebeards third key, and etc.

I was thinking, since yonkos are gonna be baseline country level, and admirals are going down to small country level off of this, can we scale ace, vista, and jozu to a full on Low 6-B? Since now Whitebeard and the yonkos are straight up 6-B, but the admirals, and marco are Low 6-B

Also, I think they're gonna recalc the feats, because the shima yurashi's only account for one tsunami, when there was way more than one

I see what you are trying to do with the cyan line, it would be something smart if the perspective didn't **** this one too. I like your red line so it should be used rather than mine.
Thanks, but the perspective wouldn't/shouldn't be too bad here. It's not like the tsunami is slanted and extremely far behind, it's right behind the wave that's leveled with the island.
Yes. The main issue (and actually the only one) is that what is being calculated is the wave after the breaking, aka when it's "falling". Is there an anime version of this? It could be useful if it shows the wave before the breaking.
Wouldn’t the peak height of the Tsunami be higher than the falling one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back