• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Olimar vs Rip the Cat

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, this is gonna be interesting. I've been saying that a lot, have I but yeah, here's the deal. We got Olimar, the space explorer, vs Rip the Cat, who kinda reminded me of a grey-haired cat named Krueger that my parents tried to adopt when I was a stupid little kiddy wink. Not sure how this is gonna go with Olimar's AP advantage and army of Pikmin against Rip's hax, so... Welp, let's see what can be done.

1. Battle takes place in PNF-404 (aka basically what Earth will look like 100 million or so years in the future). Pretty sure that would render Rip unable to create tornadoes since literally every cat is extinct and their souls have long since moved on.

2. This is Olimar himself vs 10-C Rip

2. Olimar has a full army of 100 Pikmin (all types split evenly) and a good supply of Ultra Bitter and Uttra Spicy spray. I excluded bomb rocks because those would actually have to be found laying on the ground and neither Olimar nor the S.S. Drake crew was ever shown to actually carry over bomb rocks in his ship.

3. Speed is equalized.

It is important to note that Rip isn't necessarily immortal as he has actually been killed through normal means (running him over by a bike, throwing him out a two-story house's window, whatever), so it is indeed possible for Olimar to kill Rip. Of course Olimar has dealt with creatures that can revive themselves before, namely the Spotty Bulbear and Gatling Groink, so it shouldn't be too hard for Olimar to adapt to it. Anyway, here are the profiles.:

Olimar's Profile

Rip's Profile

Who takes this?

Olimar Ultimate
SPOOKIEKITTY2
Olimar: 0
Rip the Cat: 5 (Gewsbumpz dude, Starter Pack, GojiBoyForever, The real cal howard, Listentomyrhytm)

Inconclusive: 0

I'm thinking that either Rip stomps or eats Olimar, or he gets overwhelmed by the 100 little Pikmin chipping away at him.

Either way, I'm interested, so I'll be keeping an eye here.

Starter Pack said:
I'm thinking that either Rip stomps or eats Olimar, or he gets overwhelmed by the 100 little Pikmin chipping away at him.
Could be possible. The largest creature officially measured, the Empress Bulblax, is 48 cm long, which is comparable in size to a house cat, and Olimar took a few of those down with his Pikmin.

This is what I think will happen. Rip creates a illusion of himself to distract the pikmin (they have low intelligence after all), Rip teleports behind Olimar and rip Olimar apart with his teeth and claws.

Gewsbumpz dude said:
This is what I think will happen. Rip creates a illusion of himself to distract the pikmin (they have low intelligence after all), Rip teleports behind Olimar and rip Olimar apart with his teeth and claws.
I definitely can see that as a good counter. The closest Olimar got to dealing with an enemy capable of distracting Pikmin was antenna beetles, and they don't do that. They just use their calls to make Pikmin go stupid.

And with that my vote is for Rip

I was gonna go off about how Rip has toxoplasmosis and how it could be fatal due to Olimar's size given that it shown to be fatal to cats and cause pain to humans, but the teleportation and illusion thing is less complicated and controversial. And I'm an idiot when it comes to Pikmin.

Gewsbumpz dude said:
And with that my vote is for Rip
I was gonna go off about how Rip has toxoplasmosis and how it could be fatal due to Olimar's size given that it shown to be fatal to cats and cause pain to humans, but the teleportation and illusion thing is less complicated and controversial. And I'm an idiot when it comes to Pikmin.
There are white pikmin, which are resistant to poisons, but lord knows how overly specific toxic crap can be in real life (poisons, neurotoxins, diseases, parasites, you name it) and how overly generalized toxic crap is in fiction (poison can just be purple stuff for all I know).

also might I add, Rip gains life from his scratches and has been said in both the book and TV episodes that he gains an extra life when he actually kills his victims. So maybe the more Pikmin he kills thanks to his hax, the more lives he gets (the more doomed Olimar is here) and given that there is 100 Pikmin around....yah.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Olimar does have a win condition, correct?
Well, Olimar does have Ultra Bitter Spray, which can turn foes into stone. It doesn't really last long and I'm not sure if it'll work on Rip, but it was one of the strategies for defeating the comparably-sized Empress Bulblax, so it is possible...

Gewsbumpz dude said:
Doesn't incap need to last for 24 hours in order for it to count?
Yeah, that's the major issue. The Ultra Bitter Spray lasts a mere nine seconds, so unless Olimar Ultra Spicy Sprays his pikmin and has them wail of Rip... Yeah.

Flashlight237 said:
Gewsbumpz dude said:
Doesn't incap need to last for 24 hours in order for it to count?
Yeah, that's the major issue. The Ultra Bitter Spray lasts a mere nine seconds, so unless Olimar Ultra Spicy Sprays his pikmin and has them wail of Rip... Yeah.
Well it's very likely he'd do that. If a threatening enemy gets the jump on him, he could use the ultra-bitter spray out of panic to stop them, and then he would likely ultra-spicy spray the Pikmin in his group to try and drain the enemy's HP as fast as he can while they're still petrified. If you manage to kill the enemy while they're still petrified, they don't actually become a corpse, instead the statue just disappears with no trace besides dropping some nectar. Only problem with this is how long does it take Rip to resurrect? And also, does his corpse simply come back to life, or does he create a new body out of thin air?

But Rip has abilities that don't require him to get in range of the spray, like being able to create spontaneous explosions

Gewsbumpz dude said:
the corpse just comes back to life
Then if Olimar successfully bitter sprays, this is a stomp. Killing a petrified enemy doesn't leave a corpse behind, no trace is left of them. Olimar has faced similar enemies, being Bulbears and Gatling Groinks. When killed, their corpse will eventually come back to life, unless you successfully bring them to an onion or the ship's research pod before resurrection, or unless you bitter sprayed the enemy and killed them while they were still petrified, in which case there won't be a corpse to resurrect.

To address the idea that Rip will create an illusion to distract the Pikmin and then teleport behind Olimar to kill him, Olimar has tanked attacks from large boss enemies before, and Rip's size is comparable to the Empress Bulblax, so Rip's attack likely wouldn't kill him instantly. After taking a hit from his claws or teeth, Olimar will likely bitter spray Rip and then whistle the Pikmin away from attacking the illusion, spicy spray them, and swarm the petrified Rip. Even if he doesn't kill Rip before the 9 seconds are up, he can easily just spam another bitter spray, with not much time for Rip to react before he's petrified again.

My vote is on Olimar.

What are you even talking about? the only 10-C thing in the profile is him Physically, nothing about a 10-C earthquake (Yes I didn't add that to the stats, so my bad on my part. But it was a later edit of mine)

Ok, so, an earthquake will cause the ground to crack and buckle over itself. Given Olimar and his Pikmins' small size, this could make the sloped ground and bottomless pits a hazard. He has faced the Empress Bulblax and Segmented Crawbster, both of which roll around and hit the walls, creating small tremors that cause rocks to fall from the ceiling for Olimar and his Pikmin to dodge. Olimar is comparable to the Koppaites, who faced the Sandbelching Meerslug, which digs around, morphing the sandy terrain of the boss arena, and even creating pits for the Pikmin to slide down into its mouth. This does show that both Pikmin and the leader characters struggle with slopes, but the winged Pikmin should be just fine. None of these examples come close to an actual, full-sized earthquake. Problem 1: does location matter for Rip to do this? Because irl earthquakes usually only occur on the faults between tectonic plates. Problem 2: How likely will he do this as an opening move? Is it more or less likely than the illusion tactic from earlier?

We don't know if the location matters for Rip, we only see this happen once. But I'm going to assume that it doesn't (This is a teleporting mutant undead cat that can drain life from others and cast illusions, so it isn't to dumb to assume so), and given that it effected human beings which are much larger then both Olimar and Pikmin, not going to say it would kill them but they would topple around, leaving them vulnerable for Rip's other attacks. I don't know, most of the abilities he listed on the profile are only used once or twice, so my assumption is that there is a 50/50 chance on him doing so. Besides Rip in character is a merciless and vengeful cat that is dedicated to killing his target, so with that the likely hood of him using it is likely much higher.

Even then, if the earthquake wouldn't be effective, he still has a whole arsenal of abilities to fall back on.

Even if he does use the earthquake, he still needs to get close if he wants to directly attack Olimar, so he'll be in range for bitter spray. Pikmin are at least still able to fight on sloped terrain, just that it becomes harder to swarm them, in which case it's better for Olimar to throw them onto the petrified Rip, where the slope isn't as much of a problem due to the thrown Pikmin clinging onto Rip instead of attacking his base or feet. But the main problem is that the terrain constantly shifts. Since an earthquake makes humans stumble about, it would like toss Olimar and his Pikmin into the air. The Pikmin and leader characters have dealt with enemies that could toss them into the air, and when they land, they simple get stunned and need a moment to get up. I imagine a house cat being able to attack an enemy more easily if they're on the ground, and Olimar would likely get up in time to bitter spray.

Also the disapearing thing after Petrification. It honestly sounds like something that is in game design (to keep it from lagging or something) rather then something that is an actual ability of the spray (this is an assumption).

"they simple get stunned and need a moment to get up" yah, a state where they are vulnerable to Rip's abilities. Also, Might I add, ranged Explosion Manipulation (In the episode he made several explosions happen across a graveyard).

I said disappeared because there isn't much left of them, at least not a corpse. The petrified enemy gets shattered when the Pikmin finally manage to destroy it, just that the particles of the rock breaking apart despawn quickly as they're just particles. It's heavily implied that the petrified enemies become brittle, and the Pikmin deal so much damage that it gets powderized. It even plays a sound effect of a rock breaking.

And he used the explosions in a single episode? Then how likely is he to use it agai in the situation he's in character and willing to kill, among the other options he has?

They're stunned and need to get up, but there's a hundred of them. If he goes in with his mouth and claws, he likely won't get absolutely all of them before the rest get up. When Pikmin are knocked down, they need about a second to get up. And if he targets Olimar instead, he's just asking for a spray. The leader characters can potentially get up faster than the Pikmin if you shake the control stick fast enough.

He likely use it again given that his most deadly attack is not applicable here (the ghost cat tornado), he IS willing to kill after all.

I mean't with his explosions, not with his claws. "Yah, a state where they are vulnerable to Rip's abilities" that clearly means more then just going in with claws and teeth. He is a cat, but he isn't stupid. Also why did you mention the control stick? is Olimar controlled by a player during this fight? are you gonna say that he can just respawn and come back since he is controlled by a player?. Why not just say that he can potentially get up quicker then usual.

Back