• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Old Ones invades the City of Stars: Old Ones vs City of Stars

Pretty sure this goes the same way that Old Ones VS Downstreamers did.

The DT Old Ones are a race of normal humans with robots, psychics and reality-altering tech. The entire point behind the story of their extinction is that they have no business ******* with cosmic forces beyond their pay grade, which is what the City of Stars seems to be.

Can't they use their higher dimensional stuff to level the playing field? They seem very powerful with tech

Their technology, powerful as it is, has limits. The best tech of theirs that we're ever informed of is only capable of altering reality on a high-hyperversal scale, and wouldn't be capable of competing with something that can "rip apart all of creation". Hell, the war they fought with each other lasted for years or so IIRC, and even that didn't destroy creation in its entirety. Just left things in a state of decay, which got worse after the Beams started going to hell.

Their influence in general is limited to the confines of the multiverse and its floors, whereas the Stars appear to have power that extends beyond that. (Unless they don't...?)

Well. they're still reliant on Creation since they are stars. They are also pretty powerful since an aspect of Dream was killed by a mad Star and another aspect (the Dream we know) was thrown out of existence by a black star (the embodiment of a black hole)

There's one for every star in existence, right? As in, every star in DC creation?

So basically, you've got a race of superpowered reality warpers who are infinite in number, VS a race of normal humans with super powered technology whose population is very much finite. (Seeing as they effectively went extinct)

Yeah, the Old Ones gets stomped here.

i give it to the city of the stars one mad star was capable of destroying creation itself which is infinite in size and has an infinite amount of dimensions they also destroyed an aspect of dream and could trap dream in their city for eternity and possibly kill him the old ones if i remember correctly are humans whith hyper-advanced technology and massive levels of reality warping i just dont see the old ones taking down the city of the stars i vote for the city of the stars

Back