• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Old Embarassing Moments in the Wiki

One thing I remember off the top of my head is instructing someone to go the appropriate on said appropriate thread.

I'm sure there's more, I'm not the brightest pencil in the toolshed

Oh yeah, I once replied on Prom's message wall thinking it was mine (the same message had been sent to all HR) and didn't realize for hours

Although this isn't that old

Read this post said:
I think im going to have to check every single edit i have ever made for this one...
Just go basic and say all of them. It wouldn't be wrong.

Oh, i hey.

I once had a hail Hitler joke on my user profile. I got reported and almost banned for it. Good times.

I have made some serious mistakes here over the years, but it is probably best if I do not talk about them in public.

I may have messed up the Locust Drones profile pretty badly during my ongoing Gears revisions

In my defense, half the problems were already there before I edited the thing. Still, should've checked the source

Antvasima said:
I have made some serious mistakes here over the years, but it is probably best if I do not talk about them in public.
You can always tell us your earliest mistakes when you started on the wiki or your least critical mistakes.

I mainly remember the ones when I really messed things up.

That's fine, you don't have to go into detail.

I think my more embarrassing moments was when I first started on the wiki when I started doing really dumb stuff, but then again that is to be expected with most newer members it takes time to adapt to the wiki's guidelines and nature.

Aside for the obvious one... I was gonna make a profile on Joke Battles Wiki but Sean the Porter Ryukama was teasing me and trolling what I was making so I threatened that I would get an admin to protect the page from him messing with it... Yeah...

Most embarassing moments for me? Well....its obviously my first contribution on this wiki are insulting Esdeath really bad record back on 2017 and got banned after that by Ant for 1 month XD

Too many to count, but when I first was asked to rejoin by Ant so I could be a calc group member I remember getting angry at Weekly and sent him a few paragraphs via Google docs asking him to hear my (and others) opinions.

I remember at the time I was under the impression I could be banned for saying literally anything because just two years earlier I had been banned for calling someone an asshole. Was ready to leave immediately after I wrote it.

I wonder if the site was more trigger happy in the past or something like that

Andytrenom said:
I wonder if the site was more trigger happy in the past or something like that
It was, though tbf since I was banned Prom (person who banned me) came and talked to me about it and we had a laugh-and-apology session.

@Weekly Early 2018, IIRC. You never responded so hey, maybe you never read it.

Back