• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

odd request, but is it possible to check if these sfx effects can be translated or if there is something close to them
Screenshot_2021-02-10_195150.png

@BlackDarkness679 It took a while (only cuz FreeOCR scanning is being buggy for me rn) as I had to manually type this but let's see:

Original:

ジャックとは別系統で設計・開発された三島重工の機動兵器。

その巨大な機体サイズゆえ俊敏とはいきがたいが、強固な装甲と、潤沢な武器・弾薬を備え、防衙拠点としての役割も果たす。

Rough Translation:

A mobile weapon of Mishima Heavy Industries, designed and developed separately from Jack.

Its massive size makes it not very agile, but it is equipped with strong armor and plenty of weapons and ammunition and can serve as a defense base.

@Cyberblader90

Original:

英雄の光線で

悪党は
死ぬがよい!

Rough TL:

The beam of a hero

All villains will die!

I checked the manga again to crossreference the ENG version and this looks about correct. 光線/Kōsen could also mean light ray, ray, or beam so either word you use here is fine enough in my book.

Last edited:
Is it possible to translate these three statements?
I apologize for the image size, these are relatively small clippings on the full pages.

E1aq5wK.png
XAoMQIj.png
rdGoQJz.jpg

so in regards to this scan
Screenshot_2021-02-10_195150.png

"Chin= metal sounds appears on the right side of the panel
Ba= woosh appears on the left side
Since you read it from right to left the first sound appearing would be chin and then Ba.

Here's the japanese letters - バ チン"

does this appear to be correct

@Cyberblader90 If that's how "light flash" attacks work, sure? I never really focused on the SFX text effects of sounds so I wouldn't really know.

If it is, "ba ching" would probably be correct for that particular moment of the attack.

@Cyberblader90 Well this is coming from me who never really focus on SFX sound text effects but if I had to make an opinion, I would imagine light being reflected off of a metal blade or whatever as making a sort of "fuwesh" sound or something with an F.

The "ba ching" sound would make sense if you were to hit something else of a similar material/object. Unless the light hitting the sword, or the sword getting hit by the light is what makes that resounding "ba ching" metal effect.

But that's the best I can truly come up with regarding the above incident. Apologies if this is not satisfactory enough.

Last edited:
@Nullflowerblush Sorry if this took a little while, but here's what I got.

(Garou)

我流武術

流水岩砕拳を基盤に、死闘の中で自在に進化する格闘スタイリ!!

Self-Style Martial Arts

A fighting style that evolves freely in the midst of mortal combat, based on the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist!

超学習能力

強者の技を受ける事で、対策法を身に着ける上、その技術を自らのものへと変えるッ!

Super Learning Ability

By taking on the techniques of the strong, he can learn how to counter them and transform them into his own!

(Bang)

見切り

動体視力を鍛え、敵の動きを先読みする事で、恐るべき見切りの力を発揮。
素早い敵でも的確に捉え、撃ち貫く!

Abandonment

By training your eyesight and anticipating the enemy's movements, you can use your fearsome powers of Abandonment.
Even the quickest of enemies will be caught and shot through with precision!

Oh wait, real quick, I forgot about this one.
Could you do this one too, if it's not too much of a hassle? You don't have to worry about the text within the manga panel, of course.

kx7RjjU.png

@Nullflowerblush Not a problem.

師・バングにより叩き込まれた拳法。
危機に瀕した際は身体が勝手に動く!!

A martial art instilled into him by master Bang.
It enables his body to move on its own in times of crisis!!

@Nullflowerblush

Original:

ヒーローの偽善性と不条理性を嫌悪し、最強の「人間怪人」となるためヒーロー狩りを始める。天性の格闘センスと超学習能力を誇り、強敵と戦う事によって、自身の戦闘力を飛躍的に向上させるッ!

Rough TL:

Disgusted by the hypocrisy and absurdity of Heroes, he begins hunting them to become the strongest "Human Monster". He boasts a natural sense of combat and Super-learning ability, and by fighting strong enemies, he improves his own combat power rapidly!

Is this like for some upcoming CRT or just checking to make sure the manga and other stuff is correct for Garou? Cuz it seems about right with what I last remember of this guy. Just curious to ask, is all.

Last edited:
can i get this passage translated

“利那ー「それ」 を見た者は、 周囲の時が止まったのではないかと錯覚した。遥か天高くで更木剣八と斬り合いを続けていた筈の彦禰が、気付けば、アウラの背後に立っているではないか。如何なる歩法を用いたのか。速度だけではない。あの高みから一瞬でこちらに至る速度で落ちてきながら、砂挨一つ立てずにその場に下り立っている。重力や慣性の力すらをも霊圧と技術でねじ曲げたとでも言わんばかりの光景、その美しいとすら思える動きを前にして、殆どの者は即座に反応する事ができなかった。対応できた者は、ただ一人。欠片の躊躇いもなく、たとえ剣八との斬り合いの最中であろうとも、彦禰ならば即座にアウラを斬りに来るであろうと理解していた男ー檜佐木修兵だけが、アウラの背を護るかのように、彦禰の前に立ち塞がっていた。”

@Cyberblader90

"That moment - Those who saw "it" thought that time around them had stopped. Hikone, who was supposed to have been fighting with Zaraki Kenpachi far up in the sky, found themselves standing behind Aura. What kind of movement did they use? It wasn't just the speed. They had fallen from that height at a speed that would have brought them to us in an instant, and yet they were still standing there without leaving a speck of dust. In the face of this beautiful movement, which seemed to have twisted even the forces of gravity and inertia with spiritual pressure and skill, most people were unable to react immediately. There was only one person who was able to respond. The only one who was able to respond was Shūhei Hisagi, a man who knew without a shred of hesitation that Hikone would immediately come to slay Aura, even if they was in the middle of a slugfest with Kenpachi, and he stood in front of Hikone as if to protect Aura's back.

Last edited:
I'm curious if there is context to this "Hikone" wanting to kill this Aura person, cuz then it makes the last passage make sense as to why they're (Hikone) going to kill said person (Aura).

@Axxtentacle Hmm. You know I could have sworn 利那 was read out to mean instant but I realized I was thinking about 刹那 which means that...

But other than that one mistake, which I honestly can't quite figure out if it's a character name or something, the rest of the passage after checks out afaik.

Back