• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

1) A large mass the size of a body is noted as a perfect sphere. A perfect sphere is a mathematically hypothetical shape, does it have any special characteristics or it's just an aesthetic unique body?

2) if you wanted to calculate the force needed to wipe the entire solar system (including the oort clouds), would you still use the inverse formula with the sun's GBE?

how would one use vaporization + the timeframe of it?

Let's say an island with a 10km diameter were vaporized in 1.5 seconds... How would you calculate that?

Such a minuscule timeframe wouldn't really be worth paying attention to, generally. If you question expands to be, say, 1 minute or 30 seconds, we would divide the net result to get watts.

Such a minuscule timeframe wouldn't really be worth paying attention to, generally. If you question expands to be, say, 1 minute or 30 seconds, we would divide the net result to get watts.
but how wouldn't a fast timeframe of destruction not be worth paying attention to? If something vaporized very quickly wouldn't that give higher results than something that vaporized not as quick?

Like if a rock vaporized at sub rel speed and a rock vaporized at around explosion speed... Wouldn't that give completely different results?

1 second is our standard for "instant" with calculations. 1.5 seconds is close enough to this margin so as to render it essentially identical, especially with other weird factors of on-screen factors potentially changing how long it actually took in-universe.

Yeah, technically the math would be different, and for speed you'd have to observe it anyways (time being a necessary part of the equation). But something so close is rarely going to be a huge change.

Editing this message to add that as a wiki, we work within fairly generous margins of error most times, simply because fiction often does not afford us the ability to do otherwise. Half a second is by all accounts in the margin of error.

Last edited:
so a 10 km island vaporizing in 1.5 seconds, the vaporization speed would be 6666.67 m / s

Do you just combine the vaporization/destruction energy and the kenetic energy..? Or?

That's the thing I'm trying to figure out

so a 10 km island vaporizing in 1.5 seconds, the vaporization speed would be 6666.67 m / s

Do you just combine the vaporization/destruction energy and the kenetic energy..? Or?

That's the thing I'm trying to figure out
...kinetic energy lol?

Could you post the specific feat you're talking about? I can't envision a feat where you'd be getting both vaporization and kinetic energy from the same parameters, is all.

Could you post the specific feat you're talking about? I can't envision a feat where you'd be getting both vaporization and kinetic energy from the same parameters, is all.
uhhh... Sure

The thundercloud itself is dense enough to destroy/crush buildings

And the lightning explosion destroyed/vaporized the thunder cloud and the island cloud as well which replicates normal islands, being dense enough to carry buildings, people and even part of an actual island (as well as act as tires), so I would just use normal earth density for it

The anime gives a timeframe of 1.99 seconds (the destruction sound appearing and disappearing) which I'll use for mid-end I guess and I'll be using lightning speed for high end

Low end is only just the vaporization of stone's density

🐵👍

Last edited:
Clouds are already vapor.

(I'm not sure I'm understanding, for the record, since that looks like a giant ball and you're using stone characteristics, so if I'm missing something, do enlighten me)

If that is straight up a giant ball-shaped thundercloud, then yeah, it'd already be vapor (even with higher density). Can't vaporize it.

If it was destroyed, maybe dispersal is more what you're after?

If that is straight up a giant ball-shaped thundercloud, then yeah, it'd already be vapor (even with higher density). Can't vaporize it.
but you can vaporize clouds... What you mean?
If it was destroyed, maybe dispersal is more what you're after?
It was destroyed via being vaporized... 🤔 Not really

It was going to vaporize an actual island anyway... But the cloud island replicates normal islands (which the clouds would have a similar density to earth/stone) the same way the sea cloud replicates the sea

Me need sleep 🛌

Last edited:
but you can vaporize clouds... What you mean?

It was destroyed via being vaporized... 🤔 Not really

It was going to vaporize an actual island anyway... But the cloud island replicates normal islands (which the clouds would have a similar density to earth/stone) the same way the sea cloud replicates the sea

Me need sleep 🛌
Clouds are condensed water vapor that will soon form into liquid (that is, rain). Some percentage of a given cloud is water as liquid, I suppose, but the cloud itself is largely already vapor.

As for vaporizing an island, I'm unsure how this would correlate to KE, but yeah, that can work. I'm fine with the idea of the island cloud being treated as earth-like if presented as such.

Clouds are condensed water vapor that will soon form into liquid (that is, rain). Some percentage of a given cloud is water as liquid, I suppose, but the cloud itself is largely already vapor.
Yee true but that first comes from the suns heat into the sea which then makes stem from the water which then turns to cold clouds.. (says they become water droplets) basically making it similar temperature to water? Which is how it can be vaporized I’m assuming

(Wait some clouds are even colder than the sea 👁)
I'm unsure how this would correlate to KE
Well I assumed since the moment of impact/vaporization, the effected area would have to move aswell before turning to vapor and decreasing in speed. Making another method via KE

Last edited:
At what height does mgh stop being used for P.E, in favor of the more complicated formula?
I can't think of any specific hard cut-off point, but I personally would stop using it at ~330,000m, as that's when the difference between them crosses 5%, which I consider too significant of an error to be handwaved as just general inaccuracy.

Hey, so I've been looking for some volunteers to calculate a few feats for a couple of Devilman threads that have been in limbo for quite a while. Does anyone here mind giving input in them and see if they can calculate some of the feats ir is this not the proper place to ask? Thanks!
Can I have a hand here, please? I'm still trying to teach @Kingcollapser how to do calculations.

Back