• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Of Wind and Rain (Providence (Risk of Rain) Vs. Aang (ATLA))

Aang has trained alot but it's not like Providence isn't skilled himself. We know from RoR2 that he beat his brother, and his brother is pretty powerful as well, so Aang might outskill but not by much.
(Speaking of I should think about making Mythrix his own page since Providence has one)

I played Risk of Rain 2 so that's within my background knowledge. Providence beat his brother? In the lore, Providence tricked Mythrix into going on the moon to trap him there using the Lunar Teleporter. What do you mean by "he [Providence] beats his brother"?

I don't think there is an actual confirmation on Providence beating his brother, just trapping him.

Though, considering Providence got the blessing from "She", and how no matter what Mithrix sends, Providence just cuts them down, I'd assume Providence is quite a bit more powerful than Mithrix. Also, in RoR1, the void is kind of absent, and that's because Providence was doing a pretty darn good job of fending them away. Y'know, the void, the ones who imprison and detain planets.

Not that it matters much here. Idk jack about Avatar except that Toph is pretty cool, but Providence has a huge amount of Danmaku, can fight the Protagonist of RoR1 (Whom can survive onslaughts of enemies, not all of them are strong, but a huge amount of them are). He also has his two worms who are threats in their own right, and also has one hit kills. He's also missing a few things, and there's the possibility of tier 5 scaling, but eh.

Tho, as I said, idk jack about Aang. Does he immediately start with Avatar State? If so, considering Providence's profile, he won't be able to do anything.

However, I'm not seeing any H7C or Low 7-B on Aang's profile, so if he doesn't instantly go into Avatar state, I think there's a pretty good chance he'd get one shot by any of Providence's attacks and Danmakus, or Worms.

So, if he doesn't go into Avatar State right away, I'll vote for Providence No-Low Diff.

If he does go to Avatar state immediately, I'll vote for Aang No diff.

Edit: Keep in mind, my memory is very rusty regarding the game, so some things might not be exactly as I said, but are pretty close I think.

Last edited:
I haven't played risk of rain, but it looks like Providence likes to levitate a lot, so Aang's seismic sense is useless. However, Legend of Korra reveals that airbenders' shaved heads makes them sensitive to approaching attacks via feeling the rush of air against them. So Aang would likely feel the attacks he can't see coming. But I think it would be a lot for him to keep track of; the match would probably be decided on how quickly he decides to enter the avatar state.

I don't think there is an actual confirmation on Providence beating his brother, just trapping him.
Yes, this is correct. Providence tricked and trapped his bother on the moon.
I'd assume Providence is quite a bit more powerful than Mithrix.
The lore says they were about equal with their own strengths. Providence had great "designs" and Mithrix could create constructs efficiently. Unless you mean "more powerful" by way of calculations made in VS Battles rather than lore-wise.

Also I don't know about Aang either. Going to need some Aang supporters in here.

But I think it would be a lot for him to keep track of; the match would probably be decided on how quickly he decides to enter the avatar state.
Pretty much this. Regardless if Providence was stronger than Mithrix or not, it doesn't have much of an impact on the match here: the Danmaku would be a lot regardless.

Honestly, from the few clips I have seen from Aang (Where he took the bending of someone I think when he was an adult, among other fights when he was younger), I don't think he'll instantly go into Avatar mode. Rather, I'd assume he'd fight for a while then go into it.

Problem is, by that time, he's very likely dead. Considering the Danmaku, worms, and even teleportation, I'd say Providence wins this comfortably (If my assumptions are correct).

I'll vote for Providence, for now.

I'm not an Aang supporter but I suppose it won't hurt to have a try. I'll assume Providence is in his first key (since idk which key is being used).

Getting the Avatar State out of the way, Aang will use it when he feels threatened, as seen when Ozai was getting the upper hand in their fight (though it's mostly because he could tap into it again after being hit in a specific manner). He can protect himself before using the Avatar State by encasing himself in earth, which is what he did in book 2, but could tap into it quickly enough to avoid being damaged any further (should he be hurt in any way). In a matchup such as this, he'll probably be in the Avatar State faster than you can expect.

While Avatar State is a big wincon for Aang, he's no slouch in his normal form. Looking at the location, there doesn't seem to be any water at all, so his water bending will be limited (he could be creative and use his sweat, but it'll still be limited.) If it's in the ship itself and not the location where the ship has crashed, Aang can only depend on air and fire. Otherwise, his earth bending will come in handy by a lot. (I haven't played Risk Of Rain so hehe)

Regardless of location, Aang will be incredibly agile and acrobatic, using air bending to his advantage as he either closes or maintains distance (via his air scooter or glider among other things). I'm not sure what projectiles Providence uses for the danmaku, but he should be able to shield them from him via his air-bending (he managed to do that with Ozai's firebending, even managing to protect himself from his comet-enhanced flames). His air-bending is the best bending he has. Aang's fire bending should also not be underestimated, as he's able to go toe-to-toe with Ozai in that department. (That's how much I can say about it cuz Aang only uses fire well into the final episodes and I don't have much to work with. Hope the actual Aang supporters can have a say about it).

If the battle is in the confines of the ship, he's still as agile as I've explained above, but he wouldn't have much to work with unless he goes into the Avatar State. Providence will have a better chance of winning, but Aang will be pushed to use the Avatar State faster that way.

If it's on the crash site planet thingy, Aang has earth-bending to work with. Probably lots of earth. Firstly, his earth-bending could resist Ozai's hot-ass comet-enhanced flames, holding out on several fire blasts till it crumbles, at which his air-bending will help shield himself. Offensively, lots of boulders and rock shenanigans will ensue, including bounding his arms and legs. Aang will also have lots of room to manoeuvre now that it's in an open area. High agility, acrobatics, air and earth, along with the occasional fire.

I don't have an answer for the teleportation. Does Providence use it often and frequently? If so, he'll just have a harder time landing hits, but he'll do fine.

Even if Aang doesn't get to use the Avatar State and lose this matchup, he won't be going down that easily.

Edit: Wait worms as in Gilded Wurms? Well, that will heavily depend on the location, as I've said. Earthbending will help immensely as well as his agility and acrobatics. Air Bending will also go a long way. Then again, seeing two giant worms trying to attack him would probably make Aang shit his pants and immediately enter the Avatar State.

Town Level & Large Town Level+, possibly even small city level... That's fairly concerning.
Ok so, with shields, it's stated that Aang can block at least higher than Town Level in his profile. Surely he would be able to block them (at least not as much as he blocked Ozai) long enough to do something meaningful or reach the Avatar State. And it probably won't just be his shields helping to block the projectiles, as he can send his own air and earth ones to stop it, but he has to put more effort due to the AP difference. His earthbending could withstand Ozai's flames till it's red hot and the airbending feels more like spinning and letting the air do the work. (I'm not a native speaker so I have trouble articulating my words compared to others).

While he's doing that, he can still dodge the homing projectiles long enough to deal with them via the above statement.

ezgif-1-dcb2dead05.gif

This is what I mean by Aang's air shield when I was trying to describe it.

Then again, seeing two giant worms trying to attack him would probably make Aang shit his pants and immediately enter the Avatar State.
I agree with this. In the comics, when he faced off against General old iron, an opponent that was much bigger then he was, he used the avatar state.

I'm voting for Aang. Though he hasn't dealt with a singular opponent lobbing tons of projectiles at him, he has been grouped together with his friends enough times where fire has been thrown at them from all directions. I don't think he'd be overwhelmed before he enters the AS.

Back