• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ÔÇ£Mon" discussion board: Currently in beta

Dragonmasterxyz said:
You know, some Digimon have the thing of that their arms transform into their weapons. Gallantmon is the main one who did this. I bet most people never knew he has legit hands and his arms are not just a Lance and Shield.
This is again something that if you paid attention to the Bio-Merge scene, you'd see that he in fact does have hands.

If people want to get into Pokémon but they don't like the anime (Understandable) i would recomend Pokémon Adventures, people problaby already know that this is a thing, it is a good read, and if you don't like the Anime you may like this manga

HenryWong122 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
You know, some Digimon have the thing of that their arms transform into their weapons. Gallantmon is the main one who did this. I bet most people never knew he has legit hands and his arms are not just a Lance and Shield.
This is again something that if you paid attention to the Bio-Merge scene, you'd see that he in fact does have arms.
That was easy to spot to

Starter Pack said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Forgets the bunny Digimon that has literal machine guns for hands.
</div>
You can see on Gargomon and BlackGargomon that he has 3 fingers on each hand, he even flex them to spin the cylinders when he runs out of ammo. MegaGargomon and BlackMegaGargomon have actual hands sticking out of the guns.

Starter Pack said:
Wow. Good thing I got it out of my system before Henry gave the threat.

Starter Pack said:
Starter Pack said:
Wow. Good thing I got it out of my system before Henry gave the threat.
As the Tamer partnered to Terriermon it is my god given right to make threats on behalf of my Digimon.

Terriermon is a dog which should be obvious from the fact that he has Terrier in his name. Dobermon, Cerberumon, Gargomon, BlackGargomon, Salamon, Gaomon, Gaogamon and Labramon are also named after dogs. Dobermon is a Dobermann Pinscher, Gargomon and BlackGargomon are Galgos, Salamon is a Plott hound, Gaomon and Gaogamon are Akita Inus and Labramon is a Labrador Retriever.

Drite77 said:
If people want to get into Pokémon but they don't like the anime (Understandable) i would recomend Pokémon Adventures, people problaby already know that this is a thing, it is a good read, and if you don't like the Anime you may like this manga
I think that's bad idea, because PokéSpe clearly doesn't give a good idea of how the franchise is.

Bobsican said:
I´m glad the site has profile for Neopets out of all things.
(And also @XitSign): And here I thought I'd be the first to mention Neopets.

And yeah, the profiles could use improvement. I'd love to do some CRT stuff on them, but I don't feel like anyone's invested enough to help out, & I'm so lazy that I only edit profiles once in a blue moon.

Does Yugioh count as a 'mons franchise? There are monsters & collecting, albeit, of cards, but....

I've played Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds World Championship 2011 - Over the Nexus. My favorite cards are Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Baby Dragon, Red-Eyes Black Dragon, Stardust Dragon, X-Saber John Wayne and Psychic Android. In the game, there is this li'le arsehole (said in Jack Atlas's voice) named Masaki and his deck is named MA-SA-KI, a Normal monster deck, which he is using as an Exodia draw engine by using THREE "Heart of the Underdog".

MOST SAVAGE YUGIOH PLAY EVER! INSANE FIELD! OPPONENT LOSES ALL CARDS EXODIA!!
MOST SAVAGE YUGIOH PLAY EVER! INSANE FIELD! OPPONENT LOSES ALL CARDS EXODIA!!

In Pokémon terms, this is like having three Mega Rayquazas that completely negate all flying weaknesses on the field on your side in a triple battle with three Arceus in reserve.

It's difficult to compare a videogame with not even 1000 Pokémons and with a max 6 unit party to a card game with thousands upon thousands of cards that can be used in a deck of a minimum of 40 cards.

But what I do know that Pokémon doesn't have (or at least, not much), is power creep.

Smogon managed to make competitive Pokémon actually bearable, but Nintendo itself, on the other hand...

Like, Smogon has made diverse categories so nearly every single Pokémon can be an actually good option, some ability and move restrictions due to a lot of RNG abuse or being downright broken and even altered in-game mechanics for even more game modes that the actual game wouldn´t let you that bring even more stuff with potential, like Mix and Mega, Camomons and Balanced Hackmons.

What Nintendo does? Removes half of the Pokémon in the game out of laziness (I´m looking at Sword/Shield).

On Yu-Gi-Oh, you either use the meta decks, or you get destroted. Maybe some anti-meta decks can work

You can f*ck around with meme/troll/custom decks, but you have to play in an extremely casual environment.

Either that or you try building OTK decks, which are even more gimmicky.

Back