• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am making another SU vs Sonic thread and no, you can't stop me. Because just like Steven, my dura is far above my Tier, so good luck trying!

-Base Sonic vs Steven fusion Obsidian

-Speed equalized

-Battle takes place in Mobius

Obsidia : (7 votes, MYHERO, Iapitus, Shadow, Cal, Dargoo, Weekly, Phoenix)

Sonic : (0 votes)

Kisspng-sonic-3d-blast-doctor-eggman-rendering-sonic-force-picsoc-averagejj-5b702d11c6aad1.4842788615340782258138
Obsidianpic

IDK how Obsidian having an AP advantage lets her take the match when sonic can time manip, directly absorb her lifeforce, go intangible, fly, enhance his reflexes to avoid attacks, ressurect, BFR her outside of spacetime, and stat amp to high heaven.

Obsidian is also a very unstable fusion, so Sonic's Spooky Charm could just straight up unfuse her through fear inducement.

He doesn't need to spam it, though, like one use of the Spooky Charm would unfuse Obsidian.

Even individually those abilities can win him the match unless the AP advantage is massive.

Well, fusions are only unstable when their components are in conflict with one another, so I'm not sure that's work to defuse her.

I think Sonic is like 183 Petatons vs Obsidian scaling to 2 Exatons.

Sonic doesnt time hax spam in character nore does he use BFR in character, resurrection only works once and his other resurrection only works on allies, and stat amping wont get him near Obsidian's level

CinnabarManx421 said:
Well, fusions are only unstable when their components are in conflict with one another, so I'm not sure that's work to defuse her.
Strong emotions being suddenly induced like Blue's Aura has been shown to defuse fusions like Alexandrite, so I don't see why the Spooky Charm wouldn't do the same on an even less stable fusion.

That could be just PIS though because fusions are stronger when they have a clear goal, and despite defusing Alexandrite, it didn't defuse Garnet.

CinnabarManx421 said:
That could be just PIS though because fusions are stronger when they have a clear goal, and despite defusing Alexandrite, it didn't defuse Garnet.
Garnet's one of the most close-bonded fusions in SU, something effecting a fusion that has to actively pull itself together in a fight and not effect her makes sense to me.

WeeklyBattles said:
Obsidian should be MORE stable due to Steven's inclusion in the fusion tbh
The general rule is that more gems make a fusion less stable, I don't see how Steven changes that.

Again though, Fusions are MUCH stronger when they have a clear goal, and Alexandrite in that instance had a VERY clear goal of wanting to protect Steven. Garnet being close doesn't matter when Alexandrite was defused despite being arguably just as strong in that moment.

I doubt "having a common goal to protect steven" would make Alexandrite even remotely as stable as Garnet, and Garnet obviously had the same goal, so that point is rather moot.

It's literally their whole mission in life to protect Steven, so I don't see how that is disuades it. Just the fact that seeing him in danger and immediately going into Alexandrite proves how dedicated they are.

Yeah, that does not, however, prove that they are more stable or even remotely as stable as Garnet.

Garnet, for example, doesn't have to pull herself together during combat and defused in the middle of dinner. It doesn't matter in that instance as Garnet and Alexandrite had the same goal. If anything Garnet was even more dedicated as this was directly after her wedding.

Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, that does not, however, prove that they are more stable or even remotely as stable as Garnet.
Garnet, for example, doesn't have to pull herself together during combat and defused in the middle of dinner. It doesn't matter in that instance as Garnet and Alexandrite had the same goal. If anything Garnet was even more dedicated as this was directly after her wedding.
How does defusing for a dinner in which they didn't want to be at and when they were all directly conflicting with each other the same as a battle situation? I don't see how it being after her wedding would make her more dedicated, not only was the wedding already over when the diamonds showed up, but they weren't even there because of the wedding, they were there for Steven. That's my point, they had the same goal, but Garnet stayed together while Alexandrite didn't. It's PIS.

Alexandrite actually nearly defuses in a battle situation, though, something Garnet has never done without getting a destabalizer shoved at her. As I've said before Garnet had the same exact goal as Alexandrite at the moment.

My point is Garnet is >>> Alexandrite in terms of her stability as a fusion, which makes blue defusing Alexandrite but not Garnet make perfect sense.

Garnet's the most stable fusion in the series. Her not being unfused by an attack that defuses Alexandrite is perfectly normal.

Actually, how does Sonic's Scary Face even work? Cause this might just come back to the fact that he may not even get a chance to use it unless he leads with it.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Actually, how does Sonic's Scary Face even work? Cause this might just come back to the fact that he may not even get a chance to use it unless he leads with it.
It's actually not something he activates, it's something he wears.

A mystical charm likely to cause fear in one's enemies. Foes flee more often.

CinnabarManx421 said:
How often does he carry that with him? Imma be honest, I've never even heard of this thing before.
It's from some sort of Sonic RPG game; IDK what our policy is for characters that have a massive load of equipment.

Well, it doesn't appear to be in his standard equipment, and since I didn't give either of them prep time I don't think he can use it.

Welp, if he doesn't use his wincons in character, and Obsidian is over 10 time's his AP, this is probably a stomp, although I'm no expert on Sonic.

Mmmmno, he has win cons, just because its not in character for him doesnt mean he cant potentially win. Ergo not a stomp.

I mean, I think versatility is still on Sonic's side, and (from what I've seen) he can be very creative in combat, plus home field advantage might help him, so I think he definetly could pull out a win here, but I'd be more comfortable with Obsidian IMO.

Sonic can also use the wisps like Indigo Asteroid and Violet Void which would definitely help him here.

Normally though he leads with physical combat like homing attacks or kicks/punches so I'm going to vote for Obsidian for that AP advantage.

Behaving like a black hole =/= being a real black hole. You need actual evidence of it being a black hole if you want to argue that it is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back