• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nuclear Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Paula's page, it's attacks were described as nukes.

There are 8-A tactical nukes though...

Also, I'd like to assume this is just the limitations of the game, but wouldn't a legitimate nuke like... nuke the entire area?

Welcome to the wonderful world of fiction not caring about AOE.

Though if there's an actual explosion to calc, going with that would make more sense.

There is no explosion to calc. Also, they are said have power comparable to a nuke iirc.

I can look for it.

Nukes can be 8-A. Low end ones yes, but they're still nukes. If they're manportable (or I guess robot-portable?), they'd likely be that.

I don't. I don't even really know the verse, just going off of what I could find on the files.

"This nuke will nuke everything in sight if it is defeated. The best strategy is to run from it. If it is with a companion, defeat the companion, then run."-Earthbound one

"Replenishes even more energy than the Atomic Power Robot, but its explosion is all the more powerful, too."-Mother 3.

Atomic Power Robot is said to take his power from the atom.

Usually Earthbound enemies are around 9-A to High 8-C according to the Starman and Buzz Buzz's profile. The nukes iirc are just assumptions that are similar to our world or something like that, but don't quote me on that.

DaBigP said:
Usually Earthbound enemies are around 9-A to High 8-C according to the Starman and Buzz Buzz's profile. The nukes iirc are just assumptions that are similar to our world or something like that, but don't quote me on that.
That was another point I was going to bring up, there's several far lower feats that the earthbound cast get hurts by.

That's the enemy we're talking about but aside from a name and a quote seemingly taken out of context + the other enemies that are far weaker I honestly don't know if we can take this as legit, or an outlier.

"A robot that replenishes other robots' energy by utilizing the power of the atom"

This comes from here.

I do agree with it being a outliner, however.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
"A robot that replenishes other robots' energy by utilizing the power of the atom"
This comes from here.

I do agree with it being a outliner, however.
I don't see much in that link showing that being said.

False, those are Starman Jr, who are way weaker than normal Starman, who aren't even late game enemies. And the Starman that ARE late game, aka Ghost of Starman and Final Starman, are also stronger than the Nuclear Reactor Dude iirc.

I'm gonna go ahead and ask Dark for input, there's already a revision going on for Earthbound. I'm neutral regarding the tier "change". Jotaro vs Ness when?

@Giver

My dude, the Battle Memory has info on all enemies of the game. They say that the Atomic Power Robot gets his power from the atom.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
@Giver
My dude, the Battle Memory has info on all enemies of the game. They say that the Atomic Power Robot gets his power from the atom.
Ok can I get a direct scan where that's stated?

It was his own lightning bolt though. It'd scale to his own AP. Him killing himself doesn't discredit lower ratings.

We have 4-B Pistols in some verses because scaling can be like that, it is not necessary for each and every attack to demonstrate X level of AP.

It acts just like an actual lightning bolt and nothing suggests in this case it isn't actual lightning. It even does the same properties as lightning.

They can generate elemental psychic attacks, but that doesn't mean it isn't as powerful as his other attacks. Why would it be any weaker? If he can ignite town level flames then why would town level electricity be any issue?

Wokistan said:
It was his own lightning bolt though. It'd scale to his own AP. Him killing himself doesn't discredit lower ratings.
We have 4-B Pistols in some verses because scaling can be like that, it is not necessary for each and every attack to demonstrate X level of AP.
Those pistols are specifically future made pistols, I don't see the legitimate comparisosn here. Nor am I saying it is necessary, but Claus doesn't even have 7-C feats it's quite literally just via powerscaling.

Paula's another character at that tier via scaling, none of her actual feats at that level. I also don't see where it's stated Claus is using the ssame technique as Paula.

Also, the Claus argument is dumb. The lightning bolt is from his sword, he tanked it multiple times, and he can use PSI, otherwise he would be unable to use PK Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back