• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nuclear Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get a direct scan where he uses PK Love? I remember that being a lucas specific ability.

Alright so fill me in on the atom part? Giving nuclear dude atom makes an atomic explosion?

First off, it's Claus's main move.

Second off, if the machine get's it's power from the atom, and a machine stronger than it is literally called a Nuke, there is no reason to say it's not a nuke.

The only thing supporting this is the outliner stuff.

I could support rating it not instantly at 7-C though. If they're small enough to be loaded onto this robot something like 8-A would seem more reasonable. Lemme look for the nuke I was thinking of, think it was called the Davy Crocket or something.

I don't get the second off part, why would it suddenly become a nuke due to getting it's power from the atom? Is that what causes an atomic explosion?

Also wondering is the battle memory in the japanese version and can someone get an official link for it? I'm not doubting this translation, I just think we might possibly find a more clear cut answer in the original source.

I don't now if there's a way to translate MOTHER 3's dialogue correctly as of now, unless we ask a japanese member to search the text, although I wouldn't untrust Tomato's translation, since he's an official translator irl.

Anyway, i'll argue that the robots are not the only source of AP we can found for scaling in the game, since we also have in early to mid game:

-Belch's feat of, after being defeated, spreading the cumulus nimbus that covers the entirety of threed in an unknown time frame.

12je012je091j2s0j

Asodm1m02

012ke0'2kw

-The Kraken, capable of generating a tornado to attack the kids (Kraken's bigger than the boat they travel in.)

-Thunder and Storm, being capable of creating a storm in fight to attack.

Aisjdoj1
(Storm holds a large palm leaf, which in Japanese mythology is often used by magical creatures as a way to cause storms.)

-And other would be Carbon dog turning into Diamond dog via pure heat and pressure in mere seconds.
Adnqownj90i1j2

At least these are some feats from early stages, sans Sanctuary guardians, since they are refered of absorbing the power of the spot they defend to fight Ness and Co. (Reminder that the power of the spots gived Ness Low 2-C stat, so pretty strong.), there would also be PK Starstorm refered of bringing down actual stars, which would be supported by how hyped it is as an abilitie being only mastered by the Star master or the magypsis, who were capable ofsealingd the Dark Dragon (Low 2-C character aswell), but these seem more consistent with the current ratings.

Aren't storm feats considered environmental destruction and don't scale to durability?

I don't know how the last one is 7-C either.

PK Starstorm is considered one-shot for non-boss enemies right? I don't remember for sure.

Standard storms are generally Small City level+ iirc. Skeptical about star storm, but that might be legit if that's true; would lead to massive upgrades. And actually, if it's created using PSI, then it should be the same energy output as other PSI attacks and they do tank those same PSI attacks regularly, so they'd scale regardless.

Here's the sources: https://earthbound.fandom.com/wiki/PK_Starstorm

"The stars foretold I would meet you here... So now it's the time to show you the way of the Starstorm..." ~StarMaster

"The method of "shaking off the stars" which Poo learned in his training. It deals about 360 points of damage to each enemy."

"Drops stars on all enemies for major damage."

Should this also give him MFTL+ attack speed if it's legit?

Oh, this isn't canon but SSB series sources it as: https://www.ssbwiki.com/PK_Starstorm

"Summon forth a shower of falling stars that delivers tons of damage to enemies."
"Change the direction of the falling stars by moving left stick left and right."

GiverOfThePeace

While I don't think that using Smash bros is legit due to changing a lot of how abilities work, at least it helps to clarify that everyone treats the attack as bringing down something from space, which in case of being legit would upgrade range aswell. It also helps to mention that the Star master refers to real stars as being the source of his knowledge, which would mean that using them in abilities wouldn't be too far fetched.

The stars in PK Starstorm are not real stars. Similar to Terraria's star fury, considering they are magical in nature and behave and look nothing like real stars, giving out 4-C and MFTL+ is ludicrous.

Where is it stated they're magical in nature? Both quotes I've provided are them using magic to MOVE the stars, not creating stars. Them not looking like real stars is likely due to the limited design of Earthbound.

An addition, though not trying to justify 4-C rating or anything, we see that Maria and Ness were able to create Magicant with their own psychic powers (Maria's Magicant is 7-A while Ness's magicant is Low 2-C). So, yeah. I don't think we can use Smash bros to clarify canon counter parts.

(Seriously tho, can we wait until the actual revision gets through?)

@Giverofpeace

You have to infer they are magical, sense they certainly aren't real. To have 4-C GBE the star needs its mass. The mass of a star comes from its physical properties, as observed by the size and look of the star. These stars look nothing like stars and are small as well.

Even if they are real "stars" in-verse, they do not have the physical attributes of stars needed to grant a 4-C rating.

Where's the proof of 4-C destructive capacity? A name alone is not enough when it doesn't match up with what happens, and there's nothing else to scale to.

This would just be like giving Android Saga Vegeta Low 2-C for his Big Bang attack.

They are not real because they don't look like real stars, don't function like real stars, are not the size of real stars, and are never called real or described as functioning like real stars.

They aren't real stars and giving 4-C for that would be just abysmal.

@Giver

Depends. If the storm is made by the same power the individual uses in combat, it's applicable. If it's done in a way that can't be weaponized, it's not AP.

Chrisras said:
I don't now if there's a way to translate MOTHER 3's dialogue correctly as of now, unless we ask a japanese member to search the text, although I wouldn't untrust Tomato's translation, since he's an official translator irl.
Anyway, i'll argue that the robots are not the only source of AP we can found for scaling in the game, since we also have in early to mid game:

-Belch's feat of, after being defeated, spreading the cumulus nimbus that covers the entirety of threed in an unknown time frame.

12je012je091j2s0j

Asodm1m02

012ke0'2kw

-The Kraken, capable of generating a tornado to attack the kids (Kraken's bigger than the boat they travel in.)

-Thunder and Storm, being capable of creating a storm in fight to attack.

Aisjdoj1
(Storm holds a large palm leaf, which in Japanese mythology is often used by magical creatures as a way to cause storms.)

-And other would be Carbon dog turning into Diamond dog via pure heat and pressure in mere seconds.
Adnqownj90i1j2

At least these are some feats from early stages, sans Sanctuary guardians, since they are refered of absorbing the power of the spot they defend to fight Ness and Co. (Reminder that the power of the spots gived Ness Low 2-C stat, so pretty strong.), there would also be PK Starstorm refered of bringing down actual stars, which would be supported by how hyped it is as an abilitie being only mastered by the Star master or the magypsis, who were capable ofsealingd the Dark Dragon (Low 2-C character aswell), but these seem more consistent with the current ratings.
^It comes from this @Assalt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back