• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Novel Kars vs Lavos (Grace)

D4C ain't coming back from that.
To be fair, you're assuming there's only one D4C. Unless Lavos leads with that, Kars could very well just copy D4C ad infinitum with Whitesnake. And from there it's no longer really viable to BFR D4C. Given there's like, who knows how many others running around.

Obviously this isn't a standard tactic but Kars can and has duplicated stands of his if it's optimal, like duping The World and giving it to his dupes. And Kars is extremely willing to adapt abd change his strategy in response to an opponent if they're beyond the scope of just a friendly display.

I pretty sure every ability that Lavos uses, Kars copies unless there's some exception.
Well yeah but there's the double edge possibility of one of those abilities doing him in before he can copy them.

I mean, depending on the type, there's a decent chance at copying it I'd think.

To be fair, you're assuming there's only one D4C. Unless Lavos leads with that, Kars could very well just copy D4C ad infinitum with Whitesnake. And from there it's no longer really viable to BFR D4C. Given there's like, who knows how many others running around.

Obviously this isn't a standard tactic but Kars can and has duplicated stands of his if it's optimal, like duping The World and giving it to his dupes. And Kars is extremely willing to adapt abd change his strategy in response to an opponent if they're beyond the scope of just a friendly display.
There are literally Infinite numbers of Lavos from every points of time throughout the Multiverse by default. Doesn't matter if Kars can creates ad infinitum dupes, Lavos will always has more dupes than him.

From what I saw in its previous thread, BFR is one of the first thing it did. Plus, he can it from another universes.

Also, D4C has no feat coming back from outside of 2-A structures.

There are literally Infinite numbers of Lavos from every points of time throughout the Multiverse by default. Doesn't matter if Kars can creates ad infinitum dupes, Lavos will always has more dupes than him.
And? Ignoring that Kars can reach infinite speed by focusing MIH's acceleration on himself and at that point quite literally reach infinite dupes if he chooses dye to infinite speed.
What's that matter? There's an infinite amount of Lavos, yes we all know this. It's not a pissing contest on who has more dupes tho, it's a matter of if bfr'ing D4C once, twice, a million times won't matter if there's always another one. And Lavos doesn't really summon an infinite amount of himself just to BFR a character that could be anywhere and anytime all over. Lavos may exist at every point in time but he doesn't exist everywhere at once.

And besides, if Lavos does it to many times without permanently getting rid of Kars and D4C, there's a very real chance Kars adapts and just like Lavos, becomes able to go back and forth.

From what I saw in its previous thread, BFR is one of the first thing it did.

Is it? I don't recall it ever being his lead in the actual game. He used it but it wasn't an opening, unless I'm just dumb and I'm mixing up the order if events.

Also, D4C has no feat coming back from outside of 2-A structures.

Doesn't need to if Kars just copies Lavos' ability to go back and forth. And in that case, Lavos better get that BFR done the first time and have it work, because two or three times is when Kars' mimicry will kick in.

Last edited:
Depends what you mean by opening because the literal first time you meet Lavos after defeating Magus, he BFRs the party. Ocean Palace was the second time you meet Lavos, and where he opened with raining fire, chaos, and soul manip.

I'm voting inconclusive. Kars ain't getting past an infinite dupes, but Lavos can't really kill Kars permanently, his only hope is BFR to outside of time and to have it work flawlessly the first time (Though, he lacks extrasensory perception and NPI, for some extremely stupid reason) so I doubt he'd get D4C in the first swoop.

Lavos after defeating Magus, he BFRs the party

Fair, though I thought there was a small mini boss with it first? Well either way.

Can't bypass high godly or non existence against Lavos so pretty sure Lavos, unless this just 6-B and not stats equal then uhh Kars

Can't bypass high godly or non existence against Lavos so pretty sure Lavos, unless this just 6-B and not stats equal then uhh Kars
It's just 6-B. Kars can't really roll up to a 2-A with a literal wall of hax.

Yeah, inconclusive. Lavos can't even see D4C so its unlikely that the BFR is going through perfectly the first time around. Eventually, Kars just adapts and stalemates him.

Back