• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@J-Man The moment he decides that he should go all out will be too late as 1440 will have opened the bag

Im more inclined to agree with everyone else that Kars would be tactical and try to retreat rather than just brute force his way through

If you dont like the rule then make a CRT and try to get it changed, otherwise youre breaking the rules by claiming otherwise

Not the way that you describe speed equalisation. Because 1 + 1 > 1. If the time it takes for it to hit your face is equal to the time it takes to percieve that it is going to hit your face, then you will never have time to dodge. Ever.

If it is, then care to explain how?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
that's not the rules, that's your interpretation of the rules.
No its not? Its written in black and white, its not up for interpretation.

"When making a speed equalized match, all speed statistics are considered equalized, including speed gained through statitstic-amplifying techniques and transformations"

Versus Thread Rules

WeeklyBattles said:
@Iapitus Movement, Combat, Attack, and Reaction speed all get equalized
Yes, exactly, hence why it is impossible to dodge.

Reaction + Time to Get Out of The Way > Movement time of Punch

1 + 1 > 1

The time frame to dodge the punch will always be exausted by the time you percieve the punch

Not interested in the match per se but as far as my experience with threads in general (here included) goes, thinking does take less time than doing x or y naturally.

Same way as something that activates on presence alone will also affect someone who needs a thought before they can process said thought. This is not an argument for either fighter btw. Just what I generally observed across threads.

@Fate Thought speed would need to be equalized otherwise one character would be at a severe disadvantage due to their thought process not being able to handle the increase in speed

Oh, thought speed is equalized yes (as in, they both think at the same speed).

I thought you were discussing that it would take the same time for opponent x to go "I think, power happens" while opponent y goes "I think, I take action for power to happen". In these cases X is usually considered to do whatever first (off the top of my head, I think some Mewtwo threads have examples of that).

Their thoughts do happen at the same time, but one thought would activate the power as its result while the opponent's thought would lead to him starting the action that would make his power happen.

I am trying to be as cut and dry about this as I can. I don't know how to be clearer about this other then basic math.

Explain this to me:

If it takes the same amount of time for the pencil to hit the floor as it does for someone to realise that the pencil is going to hit the floor, then how will there ever be enough time to reach out and catch it?

Man honestly would be great if we just stopped this shit and actually debate the match itself instead of getting pissy over a equalization rule.

@J-Man it annoys me too. It's barely ******* comprehensible, it slows down everyone trying to read what you're saying, and it lessens your credibility by making you sound like a barely literate redneck. If you're trying to roleplay some Jojo character by mimicing how they talk or something, just stop. Please. If you're not trying to mimic some Jojo character, just stop anyway. I know you can talk normally.

@Iapitus It won't, the thoughts will happen at the same time but if someone's thought makes the pen stop mid-air while the other thought just makes him reach out for the pen, then naturally the one whose thought stops it will take precedence.

It's a matter of cause and effect. Thought leading to result is naturally more likely to go off first than Thought >> Action >>> Result

Thought (cause) >> Pen is stopped (Effect)

Thought (cause) >>> Take action (effect/cause) >>> Pen is stopped (effect)

Okay, ive gone through Kars' profile, this is how things would go over with his stands.

Kars himself: Can oneshot through AP

Whitesnake: Negged by soul protection and mind manip resistances, both on a 1-B level

Das Boot Ultimate: Can oneshot through AP but its attacks would get bagged

Dune: Gets bagged before it can touch him

The World: Negged by the spear's time override

C-Moon: Gets bagged before it can touch him

Killer Queen: Can oneshot through bomb dura neg only if he leads with Bites the Dust

D4C: Negged by the spear's time override

MiH: Negged by the spear's time override

>Kars himself: Can oneshot through AP

Yeah.

>Whitesnake: Negged by soul protection and mind manip resistances, both on a 1-B level

Ya missed acid manipulation and body destruction.

>Das Boot Ultimate: Can oneshot through AP but its attacks would get bagged

All 15000 invisible missiles?

>Dune: Gets bagged before it can touch him

Dune litterally pops up underneath him or if he had a piece of metal on him like a pin he gets skewered. Kars with dune manipulates sand Earth metal on a planetary scale man.

>The World: Negged by the spear's time override

Yeah?

>C-Moon: Gets bagged before it can touch him

What? Passive nuke man of gravity within a 3km radius.

>Killer Queen: Can oneshot through bomb dura neg only if he leads with Bites the Dust

Only ever used him for btd.

>D4C: Negged by the spear's time override

What does he have ta do with manipulating space or time?

>MiH: Negged by the spear's time override

Ya forgot passive gravity nuke and just punching.

How does his acid manip work? There's no description on Kars' profile, nor is there any mention of body destruction anywhere on Kars' or Pucci's profiles

Yes, the bag has contained massve storms and city-sized fires and can contain a Hyperversal entty that is omnipresent throughout all of space-time, a bunch of missiles is nothing

There is no mention of metal manipulation anywhere on Kars' profile

Dont you just love when the starting distance under SBA is 4 km?

Creating alternate timelines as stated on his profile

Gravity nuke gets noped by the SBA and MiHU doesnt have the ap to harm him with punches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back