• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Noumu Mid-Regen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is less of a feat or question and more of a logic problem. Noumu's head is, obviously, exposed and we see him take several direct hits to the head to the point that his head goes at a full 90 Degree angle at one point. I'm pretty sure that'd do some serious damage to the brain even if it's high in durability since the neurons would still feel the force.

What do you guys think? Do you think repeatedly being smashed in the head when your brain is exposed yet not turning into a labotomized vegetable is a Regen-Feat?

It was stated that Super Regenerationn would be able to heal the injury All For One's got from All Might, just that by the time they found it his wounds were already healed.

"More like shock absorption feat."

How does absorbing shock somehow negate serious brain damage? o_O

"It was stated that Super Regenerationn would be able to heal the injury All For One's got from All Might, just that by the time they found it his wounds were already healed."

Doesn't this just support Mid-Regen? I think it does. I'm a little high right now, it's 3 AM.

Edit: Here's Noumu getting his face punched i

I was rewatching the video. All Might later steps on noumu's head into the ground and causes the ground to break from said stepping. Shock Absorption isn't negating normal physics on how ****** you are if your brain smacked the ground hard enough to break it

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage.

We've seen a Nomu also regenerate from just his head alone so yeah, it should be Mid.

Wait... regenerating from your head is High-Mid? Okay never mind then, upgrade to High-Mid instead of just mid.

I am personally fine with if you wish to add Mid level Regenerationn.

Nomu was hit in the head with the Carolina Smash then punched in the brai. All-Might did try to slam Nomu but the portal guy activated his thing before Nomu hit the ground so it doesn't count. Nomu then destroyed his frozen arm and leg by moving then healed from the damage. Finally during the punch clash All-Might never visibly hit or moved Nomu's head, but he did break his teeth after the final punch .

But most of these should be covered by shock absorption. At least a decent amount of the energy.

> We've seen a Nomu also regenerate from just his head alone so yea

When did that happen?

He means High-End did. Endeavour blew the entire body off in a huge final attack of flames, but he just regen'd. And since AFO gave both Noumus their powers with no difference being made between the two.

"Finally during the punch clash All-Might never visibly hit or moved Nomu's head, but he did break his teeth after the final punch .

But most of these should be covered by shock absorption. At least a decent amount of the energy."

How the **** does shock absorption stop you brain from being turned into mush when it's slammed into the ground at high speeds and your brain is exposed. Shock Absorption or not, if my brain is exposed and is slammed into the ground by someone's foot then it's going to have brain damage period.

So, did he explicitly regenerate from only being a head with the rest of his body destroyed? If so, High-Mid is fine.

Akreious said:
How the **** does shock absorption stop you brain from being turned into mush when it's slammed into the ground at high speeds and your brain is exposed. Shock Absorption or not, if my brain is exposed and is slammed into the ground by someone's foot then it's going to have brain damage period.
The way the shock absorption worked was that All Might and Izuku were simply unable to do any damage by physically punching Nomu. So even if All Might hit Nomu in the brain, the shock from the punch was absorbed and no damage at all was done to the brain.

Also, the Nomu is pretty much mindless / brain dead anyway so it's not like it can suffer much in that area.

Okay. Then feel free to adjust his Regenerationn to High-Mid.

> How the **** does shock absorption stop you brain from being turned into mush when it's slammed into the ground at high speeds and your brain is exposed.

Nomu was never slammed into the ground. You can see that the ground beneath both is completely undamaged. The portal dude activated his quirk before All-Might finished the suplex.

> Shock Absorption or not, if my brain is exposed and is slammed intothe ground by someone's foot then it's going to have brain damage period.

That never happened. But even if it did, since he has super durability and a Quirk that absorbs the majority of the force that gets enacted against him I doubt it'd do much.

High-End doesn't have a profile yet but we can give him High-Mid regen when he gets it.

It should be fine to scale Nomu to High-End's regen.

Damage3245 said:
High-End doesn't have a profile yet but we can give him High-Mid regen when he gets it.
It should be fine to scale Nomu to High-End's regen.
Hmmm. Well I guess its okay to scale them to each other then.

"Nomu was never slammed into the ground."

Never hmm

Or are we gonna have the "Is the Anime really canon" discussion again, where literally nothing is contradicted but "It's an anime so it doesn't count"

Akreious said:
"Nomu was never slammed into the ground."

Never hmm

Or are we gonna have the "Is the Anime really canon" discussion again, where literally nothing is contradicted but "It's an anime so it doesn't count"
Can we drop this, we've already upgraded them to High-Mid.

The manga is the highest canon. It's pretty obvious that the anime exaggerates some feats/fights. Notice how All Might throws Nomu into the ground in the anime causing it to shatter into pieces, but in the next few scenes the ground is intact? It's basically a throwaway bit of the fight.

It also extends/shows things we don't normally see in the Manga like the Endeavour vs Hosu Nomus.

Like Damage said Manga is the highest form of canon. I'm okay with taking the anime as seconday evidence but when they contradict manga takes prority imo. But this ultimately doesn't matter since I already agreed with the upgrade.

Also yeah Antvasima. Nothing more to add unless we want to turn this into a High-End profile creation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back