• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Notifying established members that risk a ban?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

In the rule-violation thread there were complaints that we do not tend to inform members who are brought up there so they can defend themselves.

In Wikipedia you have to inform members if you bring them up for a potential ban at the administrators noticeboard.

Perhaps we could do something similar here? Not for blatant rule violations or entirely new accounts of course, but for established members in more uncertain cases.

We should of course also not do so for minor offenses that will only lead to a warning, but if a long-time member with lots of posts is at risk of being banned from the wiki, it may be a good idea.

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

I'm fine with this as long as reporters remember to do it. I also agree with Assalt.

@Monarch

I am not sure where exactly to draw the line, but am open for suggestions.

Well, it seems like we should inform everybody who risk a ban in uncertain cases then, although I think that the rule-violation threads would be spammed with unnecessary arguments if we do so for all the members who might simply get a warning as well.

I agree. Notifying users about an incoming ban is the last straw they have to better theire behaviour.

Users who clearly and intentionally do things which are absolutely banworthy should not get notified but instead immediately removed.

Back