• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not should be Speed Equal on the SBA page?

It's not in SBA because it is not default in SBA

It's a little confusing, but I can't find anything on the wiki about how speed equal works, I think we should put it there
There's no point in putting it there, since it's easy to dedicate a speed value to relativities or even a specific category.

A simple example X is FTL B exceeds X in speed B is therefore FTL (in the same speed category) but is much faster than it.

After talking to other people, I think it's easy to dismiss your claim without a legitimate vsbw explanation.

Well, it was more because I sometimes see that there are discussions if attacks that have speed different from the base statistics of the character are equalize or not

Well, it was more because I sometimes see that there are discussions if attacks that have speed different from the base statistics of the character are equalize or not
If they have a speed different from the character's basic stats, it should be different. An amp should surely play a role.

The ues in particular, if I'm not mistaken, considers that each energy output produces the same speed value, except in the case of amplification.

Logically, this should be expressed as faster than the basic statistic.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

Basically if we have someone with Mach 10 reactions and combat speed, but Mach 20 attack speed with whatever. So when speed is equalized in this case, the attack speed will still be two times higher than equalized speed of the combatants. Speed amp techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds. So if someone can make themselves 10x faster, they'll still be able to make themselves 10x faster.

If a Supersonic (Mach 2) character has a speed amp that scales them to Hypersonic+ (Mach 10), that means they can amp their speed by 5x in a versus thread where speed is equalized.

"However, any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles."

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

Basically if we have someone with Mach 10 reactions and combat speed, but Mach 20 attack speed with whatever. So when speed is equalized in this case, the attack speed will still be two times higher than equalized speed of the combatants. Speed amp techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds. So if someone can make themselves 10x faster, they'll still be able to make themselves 10x faster.

If a Supersonic (Mach 2) character has a speed amp that scales them to Hypersonic+ (Mach 10), that means they can amp their speed by 5x in a versus thread where speed is equalized.

"However, any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles."
So attack speed is still equalized?

Back