• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using the conversion tool Vs wiki provides but now I'm confused.

I'm converting Mach to LS.

11660 = 0.01334-etc. Okay, fair.

But on the speed page it says between 8810.2 and 43701.52 it'd be equal to 1% - 5% the speed of light.

11660 is higher than 8810...but I'm not even getting 0.5%...what am I doing wrong?

0.01c means 1% lightspeed, since the 1 in this case = 100% lightspeed

so i'm pretty sure it is converting it into lightspeed percentage based on "c", which is the speed of light, so 1c = LS and this decimals represents it's percentage, rather than the percentage of lightspeed based on 100%

I'm using the conversion tool Vs wiki provides but now I'm confused.

I'm converting Mach to LS.

11660 = 0.01334-etc. Okay, fair.

But on the speed page it says between 8810.2 and 43701.52 it'd be equal to 1% - 5% the speed of light.

11660 is higher than 8810...but I'm not even getting 0.5%...what am I doing wrong?
Instead of using conversion tool. Dividing the speed by speed of light can help. For example, if a character speed is 10 m/s, then he has 10/299792458 = 3.33564095E-8c or 3.33564095E-8 times the speed of light.

So, these should be the formulae I guess:

Speed (in c or Speed of Light) = Character Speed/299792458

Percentages compared to the Speed of Light = Speed (in c or Speed of Light) * 100

Hope I didn't mess up and this helped.

Last edited:
0.01c means 1% lightspeed, since the 1 in this case = 100% lightspeed

so i'm pretty sure it is converting it into lightspeed percentage based on "c", which is the speed of light, so 1c = LS and this decimals represents it's percentage, rather than the percentage of lightspeed based on 100%

Ahh. Okay, yeah I get it. Thank you!

Instead of using conversion tool. Dividing the speed by speed of light can help. For example, if a character speed is 10 m/s, then he has 10/299792458 = 3.33564095E-8c or 3.33564095E-8 times the speed of light.

So, these should be the formulas I guess:

Speed (in c or Speed of Light) = Character Speed/299792458

Percentages compared to the Speed of Light = Speed (in c or Speed of Light) * 100

Hope I didn't mess up and this helped.

Yeah, I'll probably do most calcs with this method. The conversion tool will probably just confuse me every time I try converting to light speed. Thank you!

Back