• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nostalgia Trips

Shadowbokunohero said:
i grew up with anime alongside cartoons but for this sake i actually just wanna list the cartoons
Ed edd eddy

cow and chicken

Johnny Bravo

Chowder

Flapjack

Ben 10 (original series)

I am weasel

Foster's home for imaginary kids

King Arthur's disasters

KND

spongebob

Catdog

Hey Arnold

Jimmy newtron

Kim possible

sweet life of zack and cody

Hanna Montana ...dont judge me

Star wars Clone wars 2003

Star wars Clone wars 2008.. yes its been almost a decade now since it aired
This.

Except Hanna Montana, replace it with the Suite Life of Zack and Codie

I grew up with a ton of Cartoon Network as well but two of my favorite shows of my childhood were TMNT 2003 and Xiaolin Showdown so you can imagine my excitement when I saw there profiles here

A shame I never really grew up with Samurai Jack I only saw a few episodes as a kid the first time I watched the whole show was after seeing Mr Enters best episodes list I'm just so glad it managed to come back and have a proper ending

Man, I remember I saw the commercials for Samurai Jack before the first episode came out. If I'm not mistaken (it's been a long time, and my memory sucks), I think I tried to watch the first episode, but I feel asleep while watching it.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
At the time, Cartoon Network had those commercials that had this CGI city with characters talking to each other.
Ah man I loved those ads! I remember the one where it was Wildmutt chasing the Mystery Machine with some unfitting pop music played in the background very vividly.

I miss when CN would regularly play those Ed Edd n Eddy music videos, although "Shrinking Day" always scared me.

Penguins of Madagascar

Phineas and Ferb

Batman: Brave and the Bold

Justice League Unlimited

Teen Titans

Legend of Korra

Tenchi Muyo OVA series

Cowboy Bebop

Fullmetal Alchemist

Mushishi

Haruhi Suzumiya

Azumanga Daioh

Animaniacs

Pinky & The Brain

Ben 10

Gravity Falls

DuckTales

The Looney Tunes Show

The Boondocks

And plenty of others.

@Dark stuff like that makes me wish how Cartoon Network used to do things especially since they were getting a lot better 2010 and onwards

Danny Phantom was one of my childhood heroes as a kid lol

The first time I watched Dragon Ball was actually Fusion Reborn. I didn't know what was going on, but watching these two insanely muscular men get their assess handed to them by a big far baby was hilarious to me. So I got into the series and that movie has fond memories for me.

I also loved this cheesy Disney show called "Zeke and Luther".

I remember I liked Danny Phantom, but it played too early in the morning (and only on weekends), so, when I woke up, it was already half way through the episode.

Partly it's kinda out of nostalgia I got into MLP because I remember Lauren's work on PPG and fosters and was interested in her latest work at the time

I got into MLP after stumbling across an old AMV from like 2011 and thought it looked surprisingly cool. Like, it was colorful ponies, but they were going on adventures and fighting bad guys.

I got into MLP because I kept seeing it everywhere (Seriously, I first found it from Green Lantern crossover fan art on DeviantArt...) and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Then I was enamored in the first five minutes.

Most of the stuff I watched was DVDs of 80s and 90s cartoons. G.I. Joe, Transformers, TMNT, X-Men, et cetera all worked as well as they did thorugh likeable characters, even though it was all just action most of the time. My favorite cartoon, Batman: The Animated Series, holds up really well, since it focused more on stylization and plot rather than the silly action-oriented approach of most other 80s-90s cartoons, or shows in general, really.

As far as 2000s cartoons go, Courage, Teen Titans, and Samurai Jack all stand out for good stylization, as well. I never watched much TV, but I guess I lucked out on the good shows.

Oh, and Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry! Those old cartoons still hold up largely due to their clever sight gags and punctuated animation style.

Back