• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nostalgia Trips

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
In the wake of Cartoon Network's 25th anniversary, I realized that I don't go out of my way to watch things that I loved. So, I just wanna know. What are shows you watched when you were younger? It doesn't have to be vs related. It can be from anywhere, east or west. It doesn't have to be animated. It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you find it nostalgic. Just wanna know so we can reminisce...and also so I can watch myself.

Code Lyoko definitely comes to mind, but I also remember how many times I watched Laputa: Castle in the Sky

When I was younger, I didn't have cabo TV, so I just watched whatever cartoon they played on regular TV, some that come to mind are Saint Seiya (which they only played the Sanctuary Saga and some other fillers), Winks Club (I think some of the episodes were out of order), Zatch Bell, Tom & Jerry, Dragon Ball (except Frieza Saga, which they always skiped, for some reason), Mickey, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo (sometimes), Pokémon (Kanto only), Power Rangers, and a LOT of Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10. My favorite animated movie when I was a kid was a Billy and Mandy Halloween movie that I can't remember the tittle.

All I remember watching when I was younger was my sister's animes because we didn't have Cable.

1. D. N. Angel

2. Chrono Chrusade

3. Pretear

@Kal i will literally reread all the deltora quest books i have if you want to help me make profiles

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Dragon Ball (except Frieza Saga, which they always skiped, for some reason)
Funny story with me and the Frieza Saga.

At the time I was watching Kai, I thought that DB was still an ongoing series, and it was in the middle of the fight with Second Form Frieza.

Then I played Budokai Tenkaichi and got mindfucked by the inclusion of characters like Dabura, Android 18 and Majin Buu.

The Everlasting said:
Funny story with me and the Frieza Saga.

At the time I was watching Kai, I thought that DB was still an ongoing series, and it was in the middle of the fight with Second Form Frieza.

Then I played Budokai Tenkaichi and got mindfucked by the inclusion of characters like Dabura, Android 18 and Majin Buu.
I once meet a guy on the internet who was still watching the Saiyan Saga, and then he played a Dragon Ball game, and the game's menu screen showed SSJ Gohan, and he tought he had bought a knock-off game.

My first introduction to DB was Cell absorbing 17. Needless to say I didn't start watching Dragon Ball until my teens because of that...

My first Dragon Ball epsiode was Vegeta vs. Recoome, and then when Goku dominates the Ginyu Force by himself.

I was hooked ever since.

I watched Dragon Ball all wrong, I started in the Buu Saga, then I watched GT, then the Saiyan Saga ("Why is Vegeta evil?"), then Cell Saga, then the classic, and finally Frieza Saga.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I watched Dragon Ball all wrong, I started in the Buu Saga, then I watched GT, then the Saiyan Saga ("Why is Vegeta evil?"), then Cell Saga, then the classic, and finally Frieza Saga.
I can't even imagine all the questions you must of had.

I watched DB correctly...on accident. I didn't even know there was a classic Dragon Ball, and that all the different versions of the show sans GT were just different monikers.

I grew up very poor without internet or cable, so I watched a lot of rented VHS tapes and public television. That's why I ended up watching Digimon, our local rental shop gave free rentals for kids so I ended up watching a VHS tape with the Digimon Emperor/Kaizer arc nearly every week. The tape also had an ad or the first Kingdom Hearts game on it too, which is also super nostalgic for me.

I also ended up renting Wizards by Ralph Bakshi, which is not a kids movie!

With the public TV, I ended up watching a lot of That 70s Show and PBS documentaries. I also watched a ton of beauty and fashion shows...for some reason. I guess out of all the live action shows I watched as a kid, only The Andy Griffith Show and That 70s Show are really nostalgic to me.

When we did get cable, I ended up watching a lot of Naruto, InuYasha, Astro Boy (Adult Swim used to air it at 1 in the morning) and Family Guy. Early Naruto, Family Guy and Astro Boy still get me in fits of nostalgia. Honestly I didn't know Family Guy was still on the air until a few years ago when I had the misfortune of watching one of their Christmas species one day, which legitimately made me sick.

Game wise. My first video game ever was...some rhythm game on the Atari Jaguar, but I hardly remember that. The first games I played and remember were Quake and Diddy Kong racing. I have a vivid memory of playing Quake with my mom, we were both having fun, then she made me stop playing as soon as I killed a dog with an axe. First game I actually owned was Jak, which is still one of my favorites. My dad played it more then me, he even played it while I was still at school, clearing missions while I was studying..

Book wise, I read the Harry Potter series religiously growing up. The theme to the movies and opening shots of the first two movies still get me to this day. I also read the first Percy Jackson book like 3 times, but never continued even though my sister got me The Sea of Monsters for Christmas one year.

Code Lyoko, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Jonny Brovo, Powerpuff Girls, Rocket Power and Rugrats.

I grew up on the CW, and so there were many "phases" depending on what show was on

When I was 6-8 or so:

Teen Titans

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Magi-Nation

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds and Original

World of Quest

When I was 9-10 or so:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Yugioh 5Ds and Original

Dragon Ball

When I was 10-13

Dragon Ball

Yugioh 5Ds and Original

iCarly (Don't judge me)

I consider my childhood to end around early 2014

i grew up with anime alongside cartoons but for this sake i actually just wanna list the cartoons

Ed edd eddy

cow and chicken

Johnny Bravo

Chowder

Flapjack

Ben 10 (original series)

I am weasel

Foster's home for imaginary kids

King Arthur's disasters

KND

spongebob

Catdog