• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nora vs Kikoru Shinomiya (RWBY vs Kaiju No. 8)

Also not to mention Nora with her self charging semblance one shot a grimm that could tank attacks from literally all of team RNJR
Not to mention, a weaker Kikoru in Kaiju Weapon Episode went from being comparable, if not slighlty weaker, than the Ant type Kaiju as the First Division stated that it would be a challenge for her and imply that she would need back-up, and yet she goes forward and one-shot and outpace these same kaiju. Even when they were resurrected back by No. 9, Kikoru still call them weaklings and neutralize them with no problem. The boost provided by No. 9 is pretty huge since in the Test Arc, a kaiju that was easily kill by Kikoru was resurrected and was able to blitz and incapacitated her with two hits (although I will admit Kikoru was injured but she heal the damage with the exception of the broken arm)

And this Kikoru's AD has vastly improved since then. And that is just the first of Kikoru's AD. The second one is far superior to it

Also, wtf? After rewatching the 3rd video that guy got up after 2 attacks from Nora, where's the one shot?

It will have scans and references when it is made into a blog for a CRT

For some reason it isn't made yet
So no legit proof and just words
Just a good look at the profiles already shows a vast difference both in skill and P&A
Kikoru can take this

Also, wtf? After rewatching the 3rd video that guy got up after 2 attacks from Nora, where's the one shot?
Aura protected him, Aura in rwby acts like a forcefield health bar letting them take attacks stronger then themselves aka a 7-C with Aura can survive attacks from a low 7-B

I mean, she could use it in this battle that way, just that she hasn't used it sense

Not like it matters as she'll definitely get hit by lightning electric attacks that boost her anyways
By whom, if I may ask? Indeed Kikoru got Conductor Rounds, but she doesn't use them much. She primarily focuses on close combat with her axe and if she needs to do long-range, she uses her guns, and even then, she utilizes Burst Rounds primarily as her first choice.

Aura protected him, Aura in rwby acts like a forcefield health bar letting them take attacks stronger then themselves aka a 7-C with Aura can survive attacks from a low 7-B
Yeah okay, two things:

We were talking about one shots, it's always good to see more of what the characters can do but if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand then it's kinda meh.

2nd, that L7B shield would be restricted here too, right?

Yeah okay, two things:

We were talking about one shots, it's always good to see more of what the characters can do but if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand then it's kinda meh.

2nd, that L7B shield would be restricted here too, right?
Nah, nothing 7-B can be used here is what my op says

Nothing about low 7-B, and because Aura works like a forcefield health bar it can take chip damage of multiple multiple attacks from characters just as strong as themselves and even multiple attacks that are twice or more then their durability (as shown with characters taking attacks from Yang and Adam's semblance that can absorb, store and send back the stored energy twice as hard)

Unless anyone can show me anything that Nora and Yang has that’s even remotely comparable to this (she doesn’t, Yang has a total of two scans), then… no. Nora will never, no matter what she does, ever land even a single stretch on Kikoru’s body.

Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction (Despite only having witnessed Kaiju No. 9's attacks once and being unable to perceive or avoid them at the time, she was able to read and memorize their tells to the point that the analysis allowed a slower character to successfully respond and avoid them.[26] Should scale above Iharu Furuhashi, who could react to attacks that he can't perceive after experiencing it enough times from Kaiju No. 9, who had just adapted to Reno's analytical prediction.[13] After her training with the First Division Platoon Leaders, she should scale above Rin Shinonome, who is capable of assessing her distance, identifying her opponents' rhythm and movements, and finding opportunities to disrupt and exploit them, which was effective against the likes of Kikoru Shinomoya as of the Kaiju Weapon Episode[19] After her training with Gen Narumi, she demonstrated the ability to evade powerful blitz attacks, even when they came from a blind spot, from Kaiju No. 15 on multiple occasion[21]. After awakening her power as the Greatest Talent in Human History, she should be superior to Gen Narumi, who could notice gaps in his opponent's attacks, even if they are faster than him, that he can exploit to close big distances in an instant before they can even fully finish their attack, as shown with Kaiju No. 11 and its water attacks[2])

Nah, nothing 7-B can be used here is what my op says

Nothing about low 7-B, and because Aura works like a forcefield health bar it can take chip damage of multiple multiple attacks from characters just as strong as themselves and even multiple attacks that are twice or more then their durability (as shown with characters taking attacks from Yang and Adam's semblance that can absorb, store and send back the stored energy twice as hard)
Wait, let me see if I got it right.

Kikoru can't use her 7B AD, which takes time to actually show up as it comes from AD, but Nora is being allowed L7B AP and Durability that will one shot and perfectly protect her from Kikoru?

Such a fair match.

Wait, let me see if I got it right.

Kikoru can't use her 7B AD, which takes time to actually show up as it comes from AD, but Nora is being allowed L7B AP and Durability that will one shot and perfectly protect her from Kikoru?

Such a fair match.
I mean, yeah

If her Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction is good then she can actually still fight, just she needs multiple multiple hits to break her Aura like making Nora take chip damage like in a video game against a boss

I mean, yeah

If her Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction is good then she can actually still fight, just she needs multiple multiple hits to break her Aura like making Nora take chip damage like in a video game against a boss
That's not how it works, no side should be allowed one shot amps, wtf.

It's not a matter of "if her powers are good", Nora has this outdated af profile that doesn't actually explain anything about her own abilities, so we can't even compare who has better predictions between the two.

Again, how is this a fair match?

That's not how it works, no side should be allowed one shot amps, wtf.

It's not a matter of "if her powers are good", Nora has this outdated af profile that doesn't actually explain anything about her own abilities, so we can't even compare who has better predictions between the two.

Again, how is this a fair match?
Nora has still lost against comparable people, it's just that they had Aura as well, although she can make up for it with her Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction and avoiding using any electronic attacks that may boost Nora

Also Aura can take chip damage like I said

And are we using because Nora beat Yang in that food fight (which I already give my comments about how I feel about that) she can handle people with AP... then what about Kikoru who could outperform No. 9's gamma duplicate in KWE, who has the ability that the same attacks doesn't work on it twice, noted to be unpredictable to the point that Kikoru couldn't predict its actions anymore, has powerful projectiles that would destroy her weapon upon contanct, and grow stronger due to its intelligence?

Like tens to maybe hundreds of attacks as shown In Yang vs Mercury and that only got Yangs aura levels to the red

You're actually suggesting that Kikoru, who doesn't even have the advantage in analytical prediction, going by what Weekly is saying, and doesn't have the advantage in speed, will have to hit more than nearly a hundred times to even start getting her attacks through and she can not be hit once.

How is this a fair match at all?

Like tens to maybe hundreds of attacks as shown In Yang vs Mercury and that only got Yangs aura levels to the red
And yet didn't Neo casually knock out Yang with a few hits and was about to kill her in V2.

And wasn't Mercury up to some elaborate ruse to disqualify Yang, so I doubt he was trying to seriously harm her and have to calculate his attacks so they don't do too much as if Yang goes to 15% or below, the plan would have been ruined

And yet didn't Neo casually knock out Yang with a few hits and was about to kill her in V2.

And wasn't Mercury up to some elaborate ruse to disqualify Yang, so I doubt he was trying to seriously harm her and have to calculate his attacks so they don't do too much as if Yang goes to 15% or below, the plan would have been ruined
To be fair

Yang vs Neo has context to that, Yang had been fighting for a day and was already tired and Neo is way stronger then her (also because Neo was way stronger then Yang she knocked her out through her Aura, as her Aura never broke against Neo)

Also even if mercury was holding back, he was holding back to be on par with Yang meaning she still took a bunch of attacks as strong as her without her Aura breaking

To be fair

Yang vs Neo has context to that, Yang had been fighting for a day and was already tired and Neo is way stronger then her (also because Neo was way stronger then Yang she knocked her out through her Aura, as her Aura never broke against Neo)
Did Yang stated that she was tired or exhausted that it negatively impacted her Aura reserves? And had been fighting for a day? Are we talking about Episode 9 and 10 of V2, because I don’t recall a day passing, just hours, and even then, the team had rested and slept prior to the train sequences

Indeed, her aura never broke but Neo was toying around according to the profile and still manage to knock Yang through her Aura and it is implied that she would have died if not for Raven interrupting Neo’s stab
Also even if mercury was holding back, he was holding back to be on par with Yang meaning she still took a bunch of attacks as strong as her without her Aura breaking
Kinda hard to gauge those attacks as he have to not damage too much but make the fight look believable to get Yang to fall for the ruse. If I may ask, are there other instances of aura being able to withstand dozens or hundreds of blows to see if there is consistency as Aura been breaking rather easily in the later Volumes.

And then again, does Aura’s level varies between characters given how Jaune has a lot of it according to Pyrrha. Has it been stated that Nora has a similar level of Aura as Yang or something

Back