• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistent Physology issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due of this thread, I realized that is not Monika the problem, but how Nonexistent Physiology page is, due to it being incomplete about how we treat characters who survive as Nonexistent beings after being erased from Plot/Space-Time.

I'll suggest to add a new Type of NPE, to cover this, since being erased from Plot/Space-Time is obviously superior than having just the body and soul erased, but inferior than Concept one due to them still having their concept.

What will be the New Type?

Let's start with this: Type 1 will be the same, Type 2 instead will be:

2: Narrative Nonexistence: The lack of any trace of history and existence in any point of the space-time and the narrative. Such a character can't be conceptualized by individuals who aren't immune to temporal paradoxes due to having never existed in it and thus, lacking an origin in any point of the space-time. In terms of binary, where existence is 1 and nonexistence is 0, this would still be 0, but on a more complex level, since, despite being non-existent in the narrative, they can still be acknowledged from characters who are unaffected from space-time paradoxes due to the latter still being able to idealize elements which were erased from the space-time and stopped to exist in it, and thus, still having a concept.

Now, the concept NEP will be just a Type 3:

3: Idealistic Nonexistence: The lack of absolutely everything to a state of nonexistence at a conceptual level. Such a state defies even the most basic logical principles and is unknowable in the truest form, as it is not a state at all. Such entities are typically presented as primordial voids or pure emptiness, or any abstract state which precedes or opposes the state of existence on all levels. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence, due of these characters lacking both an existence and a concept.

This should cover all the possible cases of NEP.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:
3 (Matthew_Schroeder, Ryukama, Schnee_One)

Last edited:
I think this is a convoluted split and I also don't think Monika qualifies for either since she's literally Game Code.
Monika should get a her CRT about that, this is for NEP in general for those who are Nonexistent after being erased from the narrative, is clear that is not just Type 1 NEP and putting these levels of EE at the same is extremely disrepectful towards such an erasure

The least thing we need is more types of NEP; at this moment, the power is just a set of different powers, resistances and immunities (users already get mixed NEP with non-corporeal and AE).

The least thing we need is more types of NEP; at this moment, the power is just a set of different powers, resistances and immunities (users already get mixed NEP with non-corporeal and AE).
I don't know how this power can be cover with tho

Kinda agree with Matt here, and that's a rare thing for me.

My problem with our current def for Idealistic Nonexistence is that people take the definition and give it to characters who are conceptual non-existence based on one part of the definition, when, from what I read of the rest of the definition, it should only apply for characters that don't exist, even on a conceptual level - which I believe to be a different thing.

Whatever the case, I think Type 2 NEP's definition is needlessly convoluted and needs to be reworded.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.