• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Nonduality Nature 1 Aspect 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Recently we renamed Transduality to Nonduality and have ND and TD broken out as two separate "Nature" type, with the specifics of the dualities being delegated to a "Aspect" type, and the nomenclature being used is "Nonduality Nature 1 Aspect 2" or I've even see "Nonduality Nature Type 1 Aspect Type 2." Then someone said to me "ND Type 1 is ND" which I think is just needlessly clunky and is ultimately redundant.

In my opinion this matrix of multiple types ends up being really bizarre given that the name of the ability is also the name of one of the nature types, which ends up being redundant. IMO for those instances that are "Nonduality Nature Type 2 Aspect Type 1" which is very rare we should list it as "Transduality Type 1" and "Nonduality Nature Type 1 Aspect Type 1" should simply be "Nonduality Type 1." I feel this would be more efficient.

@Ultima_Reality @Qawsedf234 @Antvasima @DontTalkDT

I think this thread is kinda irrelevant, the page makes it very clear. If you have Nonduality then you would have [[Nonduality]] Nature 1, Aspect (1, 2 or 3) listed and if you qualify for Transduality you would be [[Nonduality]] Nature 2, Aspect (1, 2 or 3).

The best solution I see here is that if you qualify for transduality it would be best to list it as [[Nonduality|Transduality]] Nature 2, Aspect (1, 2 or 3)

Or if you want a bit of mess with the page then lets make a clear separation on the page, see here for example. Perhaps a note could be added explaining how each nature should be listed in the profile, for example, if you qualify for Nonduality then you would be listed as [[Nonduality]] Type 1, Aspect (1, 2 or 3) and if you qualify as transduality then you would be listed as [[Nonduality|Transduality]] Type 1, Aspect (1, 2 or 3)

the page makes it very clear. If you have Nonduality then you would have [[Nonduality]] Nature 1, Aspect (1, 2 or 3) listed and if you qualify for Transduality you would be [[Nonduality]] Nature 2, Aspect (1, 2 or 3).
I'm not saying it's unclear, I think it's clunky, awkwardly formatted and redundant. I believe we should go from this:

[[Nonduality]] Nature 1, Aspect 2
[[Nonduality]] Nature 2, Aspect 2

to:

[[Nonduality]] Type 2
[[Nonduality|Transduality]] Type 2

This isn't without precedent, we would just need to make sure the Transduality hyperlink went to the Nonduality page which explains the full standards, we already do this for things like "Space-Time Manipulation."

Last edited:
[[Nonduality]] Type 2
[[Transduality]] Type 2
I think I understand you. What currently that the "Type" you suggest replaces what we currently list as an aspect?

So it would be something like
[[Nonduality]] Type (1, 2 or 3) referring to the aspects
[[Nonduality|Transduality]] / [[Transduality]] Type (1, 2 or 3) referring to the aspects

Is that so?

What currently that the "Type" you suggest replaces what we currently list as an aspect?
Yes, because the "Nature" is redundant to whether we list it as Nonduality or Transduality, which means the "Aspect" is best listed as the more traditional "type" to keep it in line with how other things are listed.

Thanks to @Dereck03 for giving me the right to comment for this thread. :coffee:

First of all, yes, I agree with what Dereck said and his blog seems good because nature type 1 and type 2 are actually used to distinguish whether the state of existence here is a being lacking or a being transcendence.

But since this thread has been opened, I propose to edit the section on "qualitative superiority" in the Transduality page to make it a bit clearer, because it is clear that "qualitative superiority" is being confused with something as irrelevant as "uncountable infinite difference" as opposed to the nature of dualities required for TD, something like "uncountable infinite difference" in the first place is meaningless and irrelevant from the point of view of the nature of concepts and dualities, and also impossible to prove.

Let there be no misunderstanding, I am not saying that we should change or abolish the qualitative superiority here. Let's just make it a little clearer to avoid confusion.

For example;
Transduality: Characters with this kind of non-duality exist outside and independent of the logical systems in which they are non-dual, they also have superiority againts the all quantities and natures of the dualities in that system, that is a qualitative superiority. Besides immunizing them against the dualities in question, this power also immunizes them against attempts to apply those dualities to them, as they would transcend the scope of the haxes that could do so.
The draft is more or less like this, if there are any grammatical errors, a mistake or a suggestion do not hesitate to say.

I see, I think it would be a more straightforward addition.
Yes, the main difference here is "to distinguish between being superior to the nature and quantities of all dualities and something mathematical like uncountable infinity difference" because both are used for QS and it is natural to confuse them

Anyway, my right is over, I'm leaving. 🙏

Yes, the main difference here is "to distinguish between being superior to the nature and quantities of all dualities and something mathematical like uncountable infinity difference" because both are used for QS and it is natural to confuse them

Anyway, my right is over, I'm leaving. 🙏
I think you took my comment directed to yours, I was referring to the replacement of Aspects by Type and list it as I said here.
[[Nonduality|Transduality]] / [[Transduality]] Type (1, 2 or 3) referring to the aspects

Would a note be the best way to handle it? All we would need to do it give an example of what the power would look like profile wise.
Yeah, I don't think the page needs much editing, just a note to format it in the manner I suggested. I assume you are in agreement with formatting it this way as well?

I think I understand you. What currently that the "Type" you suggest replaces what we currently list as an aspect?

I also think that this seems like a better solution.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Elizhaa @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

Is this acceptable for you as well?

See here for a page overview please:

Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏

I think that what has been accepted here can be applied now then. 🙏🙂

So like, are we just editing all 212 Nonduality pages to the new format?

Or is an example of what it should look like be included in the main page.

Will we also note down how to edit it in Nonduality into profiles on the Nonduality page?

That'd be great.
I've done so now and also updated the power page. It took me two and a half hours - most of that was first skimming the pages to catch any formatting errors that would disrupt the script to correct them manually. The actual bot editing took only fifteen - twenty minutes. This can be closed.

Did you also edit in a note for how Nonduality/Transduality should be edited into a profile? Like the format and all.

Yes, tbanks a lot to IdiosyncraticLawyer, and everybody else who helped out here. 🙏🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back