• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-Corporeal Servants

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Shouldn't all Servants be Non-Corporeal, as they lack true physical bodies and their true existence is just information recorded in the Throne of Heroes outside of time and space?

What about their acausality? Even if you kill, for example, Arturia in the past she would still exist as a heroic spirit and she could be summoned as a servant.

Heroic Spirits are intangible and cannot be hurt through conventional means (except special exceptions like Arturia and Blackened Servants).

Anyways, yeah, they'd be some degree of Acausal, too, thanks for reminding me.

Although the Non-Corporeal isn't super useful in combat, since you only have to kill the manifestation.

@Promestein

I'm down with Non-Corporeality, but it should be noted that it's limited, as anything with signficantly powerful Mystery (or in other verse terms, magic/supernatural power) can still harm them.

As for Acausality, that's a bit iffy. Servants are mere copies of the originals and thus separate entities, thus what ever happens to them doesn't happen to the original record since they're technically an entirely separate being despite having all of their memories, experiences, and powers.

I wouldn't say it applies here. The summoned servants that we have profiles about are always just the respective copy of the main hero in the Throne of Heroes.

So in that sense I don't think you can say any of them is more non-corporeal than a clone, which has its data for cloning it saved on a PC somewhere (I mean they even lack memories of the previous killings and couldn't retry on their own or anything).

Edit: No idea about the can not be harmed by anything not mystery part, though (not to familiar with the series). Was it explained to be because all not supernatural stuff will just go through them or is it it hat they will just not be damaged by such?

"Not just Saber, but all the Servants are heroic spirits. There's the fact that they're spirits, but they can't be hurt by normal means. That's because Servants themselves are divine mysteries."- Fate route, day 10

Well. I remember when Saber injured Archer, he dematerialized into "spirit form" he was still there with rin and co while treating his wounds.

Although this isn't something related to combat... I may need to check that chapter again.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
"Not just Saber, but all the Servants are heroic spirits. There's the fact that they're spirits, but they can't be hurt by normal means. That's because Servants themselves are divine mysteries."- Fate route, day 10
If that is all said in relation to that part it might really just mean not injured by not supernatural attacks, which would go more into the direction of Invulnerability to them than being non-corporeal in the Material body. (or it could even just mean not by the amount of powers of conventional weapons like guns and stuff, due to too high durability...)

This what i could find for the time being

As spiritual beings and divine mysteries, Servants cannot be harmed by normal means and are still considered spirits even in physical form, so they cannot be physically harmed by regular humans or modern weaponry. They can only be harmed by attacks accompanied by magical energy like a Servant throwing dirks imbued with magical energy, so they can ignore even debris in battle unless it should become contaminated by an enemy's magical energy. Only Servants can normally harm other Servants physically, so even a paper knife could be used to harm a Servant should another Servant wield it. Servants that are physically incarnated through methods such as Saber Alter can no longer return to spiritual form, allowing them to be damaged with strong enough magical weapons able to pierce the shadows surrounding them in the case of blackening.

well, servants have shown some resistance to causality manipulation, in the case of Gae Bolg and in the FGO materials, they show some haxed abilities being countered by sheer luck, so while i wouldn't say they are beyond casuality per say, i would say they are resistant to those kinds of abilities

Back