• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No Matter the Cost: Apeiros vs. Mastema

A young girl referred to as Apeiros was exploring and observing the local multiverse, still searching for beings that she could prove her dominance over. She focused hard to use her Clairvoyance to gain information about the surrounding universes and detected a being of immense power who was constantly growing more and moreso. Intrigued, the girl teleported near the location of this entity she discovered and flew closer to where she saw it. In only a few moments, she stumbled upon possibly one of the greatest amounts of concentrated power she's ever seen. It was a sheep lady. A being unlike Apeiros has ever seen before, and because of this, she was even more compelled and as soon as the girl came closer, this anthropomorphic looking sheep turned around with a face of pure, concentrated rage and hatred.

Apeiros wickedly smirked at the being before her until she spoke, "Well, you have quite a lot of power as I see...Too bad it's absolutely worthless compared to mi-" before she could even finish her sentence, she was then immediately struck by a massive spear that she couldn't react to, which hit her with so much force that she was knocked back through space, going straight into and destroying planets along the way until she regained her composure, landing on a large orange planet .

Mastema quickly catches up, and shakes her head, saying as bluntly as ever, "I don't need a worm like you crawling around in places you're not meant to go. I find it truly amusing that a child like yourself would dare state you have superior power to me on a whim like that." Apeiros' smirk contorts into a malicious grin, "Child?" She said roughly, clasping her right hand hard as it shook wildly. She then started laughing hysterically until gaining her composure a few moments later, "You think I'm a puny CHILD?" she said gritting her teeth but still having a bit of a chuckle for herself. "I won't waste ANY time! Let's just get this brilliant performance on the road right away and tell the story of an ignorant sheep who tried to oppose her God!" Apeiros yelled out, then charging towards Mastema at the highest speed she could manage.

Within this timeframe, Mastema scoffed, processing to herself
"She's just like all the rest..." then, with a very small hint of amusement in her voice now, "That shall make this even better." Mastema rushed towards Apeiros in return. The two forces of destruction collided, causing a shockwave so massive it not only shook the very planet they stood on, but also spread around the galaxy, moving countless light years away from them in all directions.

Now they both knew of the stakes. This was what decided who truly was the most above, powerful, and most transcendant being who could truly be considered greater than everyone and everything else...

...at least to themselves.

Yup, another Mastema match. But since Apeiros got her revisions and gained a huge upgrade/downgrade as a result of them, I decided that this would be fitting for a match. Two beings who see themselves as absolutely above all other things, granted for different reasons.

Speed Equalized.

Battle Takes place on Zebes.

Battle Theme: Dancing Mad

Zinnia-0
Mastema

Alriiiiiiiiiight. I'm a bit out of it today so I can't give a big run-down of things but power mimicry doesn't go well with Mastema, since trying to analyze her and her magic exposes the person to it and thus damages them, with the Spear of Destiny being much more dangerous in this department, Mastema's own mind operates on multiple dimensions, but these aren't how we treat dimensions as higher planes of existence on vsbattles so it's debatable whether or not she could understand Apeiros' mind.

It's fine, Prom.

Apeiros has musceled through some extreme pain, so while she definitely won't be able to gain Mastema's powers immediately, she would use it as a last resort at practically all costs if she gets pissed off enough, which, granted, isn't a very hard thing for her to feel. She also has Dreamakers to lessen the pain a lot so she could potentially recieve at least a few abilities I think.

I too am not sure if she could understand Apeiros' mind. Seems they might just cancel the other out.

I'm not sure on this one... Gonna have to wait for more evidence and proofs.

For now though, they seem pretty even, so going inconclusive.

Got some new info from Aeyu. Seems inconclsive about the mind thing since there's not really much more further context.

Alright, something more in depth now.

If Mastema injures Apeiros to the point that she could actually kill her (an uncertain possibly), then her Type 8 immortality wouldn't be worth much, given that Mastema can erase information and negate Type 8 immortality reliant on physical laws like entropy. Honestly, they have answers for most of each other's abilities. Quantum manipulation, spatial manipulation, death manipulation, conceptual manipulation... she can counter Apeiros removing her own concepts by just forcing her own on her.

Analyzing Mastema's information will not go well. Looking into her existence, magic, and history is basically equivalent to being hit by her magic. Except worse. It can easily erase people from existence or drive them insane. Mastema has experience with things like Superiority (Jophiel can do like the same thing), and they have a mutual understanding of higher dimensions, though the specifics are of course, debatable due to lacking context. She can deal with Boundless Dominance, given that black holes aren't all that special to her.

Of course, Apeiros has resistance to many of her abilities and can evolve to get better at this. Mastema will evolve in response and grow increasingly powerful as well. So inconclusive seems inevitable.

Can Mastema's Conceptual Manipulation, Existence Erasure, and Negation powers affect the entire timeline of a universe? That's what it takes to start affecting Dreamakers. I put a note of this on Apeiros' page. If not, is she capable of evolving to make her hax become powerful enough to do so?

I mean, she can affect people across all of space and time / past and future.

Hmm...So she can only affect individual people within the entire space time...I think she may grow powerful enough to eventually do so perhaps. Which might be before Apeiros recieves any abilities, though I'm not too sure...This is pretty tough and I think I'm leaning on inconclusive as well for now...But what I'm wondering is could one kill the other any time or will they just...seemingly forever stalemate?

I'm sure one of them will kill the other eventually but who knows.

If Mastema gets tired she'll probably try to nuke the timeline though and assure it happens by spamming teleportation.

Alright then. That'll be 3 for inconclusive then. Also Mark, could you replace Kenny for the Strongest 3-C? It seems pretty decisive atm.

Back