• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nnt Low 5-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai641001

He/Him
VS Battles
Translation Helper
Hi, i’m here to ask your opinion on a calc.

Math was accepted by Mr Bambu and By Asura said it’s a useable method but context needs more approval.

Basically Supreme Deity created a light that’s strong enough to erase all traces of miasma throughout Makai.

Makai (Demon World) like Neo Camelot Is a dimension

And said dimension Is filled with miasma

Bambu agreed on this but the main contention comes from the fact that the narrator talked about « the sky of the demon world ».

Mr Bambu argued about it meaning the light only dispelled miasma on the atmosphere of the Planet.

Though the narrator which isn’t a character of the story stated that:
Furthermore, sky does not mean « Earth atmosphere » no matter if you take the Japanese:
地上にあって上を見上げたとき、そこに見えるものが空である。昼間は晴れていれば青く、雲は白く、あるいは黒く見え、夜間は真っ黒に見える。また、太陽や星などの天体が見られる場でもある
When we look up from the ground, what we see is the sky. During daytime, when the sky is clear, it appears blue, clouds can appear white or black, and at night it appears black. It is also the place where we can see the sun, stars, and other celestial objects.
Or English definition of the term:
The sky, also known as the celestial dome, commonly refers to everything that lies a certain distance above the surface of Earth, including the atmosphere and the rest of outer space. In the field of astronomy, the sky is also called the celestial sphere. This is an imaginary dome where the sun, stars, planets, and the moon are seen to be traveling. The celestial sphere is divided into regions called constellations. Usually, the term sky is used from the point of view of the Earth's surface.

As a conclusion:
Makai Is a dimension containing a Sun and moons. (4-C) and even a Starry sky (4-A)

Originally filled with miasma it was cleared by SD’s light leaving « No miasma at all » and an « Endlessly golden » sky

Miasma Is so thick that normal sunlight doesn’t pass through, making Makai a dark place even at daytime meaning a light would have to be > 120 000 lumen in order to just get through miasma.

Let me know what you think about Low 5-B NNT.

Last edited:
This should be moved to the Calc Group Discussion, as this is about a calculation's validity

You need to convince the Calc Group members that the context makes this a Low 5-B feat. Thus, it needs to be made a Calc Group Discussion thread.

It's that simple really. If it's about a calc, it goes there.

You need to convince the Calc Group members that the context makes this a Low 5-B feat. Thus, it needs to be made a Calc Group Discussion thread.

It's that simple really. If it's about a calc, it goes there.
How can I change this to make it a Calc group CRT?

I disagree with using the distance to the sun like the calc currently uses

It should use the atmosphere of the planet
You could just assume a height of 13 km added onto the earths radius to get the area since that's the height of the Troposphere which is most likely where this miasma resides in

You could do a highball with higher atmospheric values as well

I am completely for using the 100,000 Lux value as if this completely blocked all sunlight then that means even the most direct sunlight failed to make it past the miasma barrier meaning 100,000

I disagree with using the distance to the sun like the calc currently uses

It should use the atmosphere of the planet
You could just assume a height of 13 km added onto the earths radius to get the area since that's the height of the Troposphere which is most likely where this miasma resides in

You could do a highball with higher atmospheric values as well

I am completely for using the 100,000 Lux value as if this completely blocked all sunlight then that means even the most direct sunlight failed to make it past the miasma barrier meaning 100,000
As shown in the op Miasma fills the dimension not just the planet’s atmosphere

Makai imo you should do this
my imgur is bugging i’ll ask them whenever it’s back

As shown in the op Miasma fills the dimension not just the planet’s atmosphere
The calc is fine but you have to prove that the entire dimesion is full of miasma and not just the surface of the planet which is what the translation implies

I have read your justifications and don't find them good enough

Makai imo you should do this
I asked (The thread gets very few answers tho so we’ll have to wait for now I’ll just add more explanation about the translation)
きみょう しょうき 昼夜の区別なく暗いはずの魔界の空が、奇妙な金色の光に満たされていた。瘴気もまったく 感じられない。
This is the interesting part, the one where it is stated that no miasma can be felt at all.

瘴気 means Miasma/toxic air
まったく means completely
感じられない is the Nai form of 感じら (to feel)

Said Nai form gives a negative and more litteral meaning to the sentence it is translated to « No miasma could be felt at all » or simply when following other sentences « No miasma at all »

The complete sentence can be translated to:
The sky of the demon realm, which is expected to be dark in day and night, was filled with a weird golden light. No miasma could be felt at all.

The calc is fine but you have to prove that the entire dimesion is full of miasma and not just the surface of the planet which is what the translation implies

I have read your justifications and don't find them good enough
It’s kinda stated black on white that Makai is filled with miasma.
Why should we ignore stated evidence to assume things through headcanon ?

Also is using 120 000 Lux okay since it’s peak noon Sun’s luminosity ?

"The sky of the demon realm, which is expected to be dark in day and night, was filled with a weird golden light. No miasma could be felt at all."

There is no day and night in space, though... That's only on the planet itself.

"The sky of the demon realm, which is expected to be dark in day and night, was filled with a weird golden light. No miasma could be felt at all."

There is no day and night in space, though... That's only on the planet itself.
The narrator just explains that the sky is filled with light he isn’t saying that miasma is limited to the athmosphere.

That’s from the POV of the planet yes cause they observe the scene from the planet.

Miasma fills the dimension and no trace of it can be found meaning said light fills the entirety of the structure.

I also gave the definition of sky in the OP

It’s kinda stated black on white that Makai is filled with miasma.
Why should we ignore stated evidence to assume things through headcanon ?
The narrator just explains that the sky is filled with light he isn’t saying that miasma is limited to the athmosphere.

That’s from the POV of the planet yes cause they observe the scene from the planet.

Miasma fills the dimension and no trace of it can be found meaning said light fills the entirety of the structure.

I also gave the definition of sky in the OP

Your taking one interpretation of the word "sky" and using it to justify a bigger upgrade when in the context of the scene it clearly is meant to represent the surface of the planet
Also is using 120 000 Lux okay since it’s peak noon Sun’s luminosity ?
Yes it should be fine

If anything this just kinda proves the Demon Realm is only the planet itself but you ain't hear that from me

Your taking one interpretation of the word "sky" and using it to justify a bigger upgrade when in the context of the scene it clearly is meant to represent the surface of the planet
It’s not an interpretation.
Makai is a Star lvl structure filled with miasma how is miasma a planetary phenomenon if the author stated otherwise.

No trace of miasma is left at all.
Yes it should be fine
Ok

If anything this just kinda proves the Demon Realm is only the planet itself but you ain't hear that from me
I gave details on this in the OP Makai is a dimension the same way Neo Camelot and other realms are.

The dimension being filled with miasma mean the light has 4-C range to clear it all

4-C range at 120k lux is Low 5-B

I gave details on this in the OP Makai is a dimension the same way Neo Camelot and other realms are.

The dimension being filled with miasma mean the light has 4-C range to clear it all

4-C range at 120k lux is Low 5-B
Hmm it's only the one statement though and it's kinda contradicted by the statement after

the part you translated about the light lighting up what was usually dark at night and bright in day implies it's only the atmosphere of the planet that was affected

And it saying that there's no miasma left at all can be true if it was just referring to the atmosphere

Hmm it's only the one statement though and it's kinda contradicted by the statement after
It’s not contradicted 💀 one statement give clear cut information about it being a dimension filled with miasma in a more recent work.

The pseudo contradiction is the author describing the color of the sky…
The sky is a concept that’s related to the planets POV as shown in the definitions I provided (Hence why he talked about day and night)

The characters are observing the scene from the planet.
Nowhere does it imply that miasma is a planetary phenomenon so there is absolutely 0 contradiction

the part you translated about the light lighting up what was usually dark at night and bright in day implies it's only the atmosphere of the planet that was affected
It’s a description of what they can see from their POV look at the complete text in the Imgur link
And it saying that there's no miasma left at all can be true if it was just referring to the atmosphere
Miasma fills the dimension still.

This one
First of all sky does not mean earth atmosphere it’s everything we can see when looking up from earth’s POV outer space stars suns included.

And secondly he is describing a scene that happens from the planets POV since Meliodas and his group just entered the dimension and are looking at the light.

Y’all are just straight up ignoring a clear statement and taking a description that holds no contradiction with my point as an argument.

I would like to give some example sentence and other verse about how "sky" Word also referring outer space, but seems won't really help.

But damn....
The sky is endlessly golden, and it seems different from the sun on earth,
How does this sentence only reffering to atmosphere? It's literally self explanatory as far i can see, as wikipedia said if sky was something views above earth surface including atmosphere and outer space. I would to say yes it's was referring atmosphere only if the land in demon realm was also endless in size, but it doesn't. It just normal planet as it's also state as desolate earth or land with two moons. It doesn't make sense to me if this kind of sentence was only reffering to atmosphere.

I would like to give some example sentence and other verse about how "sky" Word also referring outer space, but seems won't really help.
The general definition in Both English and japanese refer to Outer space and celestial bodies anyway
But damn....

How does this sentence only reffering to atmosphere?
I used this statement already in the OP
I would to say yes it's was referring atmosphere only if the land in demon realm was also endless in size, but it doesn't.
What ?
It just normal planet as it's also state as desolate earth or land with two moons. It doesn't make sense to me if this kind of sentence was only reffering to atmosphere.
It simply can’t be about the atmosphere when the dimension Is what’s filled With miasma.

The panel you use just repeat it’s a world filled With darkness adding more weight to the statement from 4kota

The « desolate land » thing comes from another panel than the one you linked

They are just saying that the « day and night » thing shows miasma Is a planetary phenomenon.
The sky of the demon world, which should have been dark regardless of day or night, was filled with a strange golden light. no miasma at all
It’s just the narrator describing the scene from their POV, Here Is what the entire statement says:
The four of them held their breath as they passed through the curtain that covered the entrance to the demon world. The sky of the demon world, which should have been dark regardless of day or night, was filled with a strange golden light. no miasma at all
That’s why he is talking from the planet’s POV it is just a visual description of the scene that hold 0 relevance or contradiction with what’s stated in 4KOTA’s chapters

The important part of the statement Is the one where Miasma have completely disapeared, SD’s light has to have 4-C range in order to clear a 4-C structure filled with it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back